Author Topic: Poison damage deserves better  (Read 5812 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Poison damage deserves better
« on: 04 December 2018, 17:32:04 »
Poison used to be largely ignored damage type and playstyle before Anniversary. Because it didn't scale with stats and for skill points economy. If you specialized on other damage type then adding poison required considerable point investment, and these points could be spent to make your primary type better. While at the same time poison was weak on its own without several gear slots dedicated to it.

Right now with how many skill points all the builds get, rogues can afford to use 2-3 damage types efficiently, those within their mastery or others. You don't have to focus on poison/bleed fully too, just get pierce or physical and add poison to it and you're good. Not 'viable' as people call it, but very good and solid. Bows too. And casters with elemental spells, though more complicated going both dexterity and intelligence, should be feasible.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Thats a corsair with a common ADCTH sword, Shen-Nong, monkey king, envenom weapon and throwing knives. Basically a melee build with AOE ranged spell on demand. TitanCalc

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Poison damage deserves better
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2019, 18:00:07 »
Showcasing phys/pierce primary poison secondary damage

Whoever tried to build a corsair should know that unlike brigands they lack debuff, so using some on gear is necessary. This one does it with Hugin and Munin, one Monkey King and Shen-Nong. Another one I made long time ago used Mbuti Advocate.

When using spears with defense WPS you are technically losing DPS on part of your attacks: some of these WPS hit with both weapon and shield, while others with shield only. Shield damage is much lower than that of spears. This may be avoided by not investing skill points into corresponding WPS though. For swords it is the opposite, sword damage is approx on par with shields, so you don't lose on shield attacks. And whenever you add weapon + shield WPS into rotation you gain.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2019, 23:30:28 »
rogue is my favorite mastery and I've played lots of it.. and i really don't see it as the poison mastery.. more like the CC mastery
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2019, 21:16:00 »
If rogue mastery is not a poison mastery, which one is? Raptor.jpg

Not Yet Rated!