Author Topic: Item drops don't come to rest  (Read 6551 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Item drops don't come to rest
« on: 04 September 2019, 21:16:39 »
Hi,

I got a problem with item drops in AE that I never had in original TQ. When I open a loot container (doesn't matter which type) items start to pour out and roll around on the ground until they find their resting spot. When they found it the item name is displayed and the item can be picked up. The problem is that sporadically some items (happens especially often for thrown weapons) just can't seem to find a resting spot. They keep rolling/wobbling around forever so I can't see what they are and I can't pick them up. I wouldn't mind if it was just white or yellow items but this happens to green+ items as well. The only way to make these items stop was to use the portal to go somewhere else and come back but this is a very annoying workaround.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Is there a game setting for modifying this physics behaviour or maybe a physics parameter in one of the .dbr files that I could modify?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
Re: Item drops don't come to rest
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2019, 00:53:57 »
Hi,

I got a problem with item drops in AE that I never had in original TQ. When I open a loot container (doesn't matter which type) items start to pour out and roll around on the ground until they find their resting spot. When they found it the item name is displayed and the item can be picked up. The problem is that sporadically some items (happens especially often for thrown weapons) just can't seem to find a resting spot. They keep rolling/wobbling around forever so I can't see what they are and I can't pick them up. I wouldn't mind if it was just white or yellow items but this happens to green+ items as well. The only way to make these items stop was to use the portal to go somewhere else and come back but this is a very annoying workaround.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Is there a game setting for modifying this physics behaviour or maybe a physics parameter in one of the .dbr files that I could modify?

im not completely sure, but i think its a result of the engine itself. not sure if there is anything that can be done.

you can make blues, purples, and MIs make a noise as soon as it drops before the text box appears with a mod.
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2019, 10:10:36 »
You mean I should modify the "dropSound" parameter of special items and place a very distinctive sound there? That is an interesting idea. Thank you.

edit: The issue has already been reported in Red Mine.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2019, 21:22:31 by Xerxes »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2019, 04:00:53 »
You mean I should modify the "dropSound" parameter of special items and place a very distinctive sound there? That is an interesting idea. Thank you.

edit: The issue has already been reported in Red Mine.

have you explored the mods on this forum? there is already a mod that does this.

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2019, 11:21:05 »
have you explored the mods on this forum? there is already a mod that does this.

You mean your mod? I'll take a look at it but I will have to merge it manually because I already did some of the changes in my game (like camera stuff and potion/scroll stacks).

edit: Btw. I updated my game from 2.8 to 2.8b and so far I haven't experienced the issue anymore. Items can still take 2-3 seconds to come to rest but that is nothing compared to the previous behaviour. Unfortunately there is no changelog for 2.8a and 2.8b so I don't know what exactly these patches changed.
It would be good if someone could confirm that the issue with item drops is now better.

edit2: Damn, it still happens...
« Last Edit: 06 September 2019, 13:53:35 by Xerxes »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2019, 14:40:03 »

You mean your mod? I'll take a look at it but I will have to merge it manually because I already did some of the changes in my game (like camera stuff and potion/scroll stacks).

edit: Btw. I updated my game from 2.8 to 2.8b and so far I haven't experienced the issue anymore. Items can still take 2-3 seconds to come to rest but that is nothing compared to the previous behaviour. Unfortunately there is no changelog for 2.8a and 2.8b so I don't know what exactly these patches changed.
It would be good if someone could confirm that the issue with item drops is now better.

edit2: Damn, it still happens...

stuff still bounces around yes. dont know about better or worse.

ye, i was trying to lead you to the mods so you could explore on your own. i prefer to teach a man to fish. anyway, i adjusted the camera and potion/scroll stacks as well so you might want to open the database and poke around a bit. all up to you though.

Also on Steam

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal