Author Topic: Best Avenger Bow  (Read 12548 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Best Avenger Bow
« on: 20 March 2018, 12:33:21 »
Currently I have a bow Sage sitting in my barracks (lol, can we call it that: "barracks"?), but I am thinking of exchanging it for a bow Avenger. For starters, a bow Sage is difficult to find gear for, and secondly, I am also building another Storm based character, while I don't have an active Earth involved character. My bow Sage is about level 40, so I can just delete it and make a new "accomplished character" with Ragnarok.

While contemplating that idea, I found this gem grinding my Diviner through Epic:

Did I just randomly stumble upon the best possible weapon for my future bow Avenger?

The only thing that bothers me is that I intended to have my bow Avenger rely mostly on fire-buffed physical damage, investing mainly in dexterity and strength, and not really spending any points on intelligence. Would that work with this bow, or would it be more effective building the character as a hybrid, or even as a full elemental bow-caster (similar to my current bow Sage)?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Best Avenger Bow
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2018, 13:15:39 »
Hi, Laionidas! From experience you couldn't find a decent fire bow in Immortal Throne, you did much better with a Bramblewood bow (a green notoriously good for reducing Monsters Resistances, to get it simply farm the Frogs in Act 4 Soronis).

I haven't farmed Act 5 yet, so I don't know if this has changed in Ragnarok.

This bow is not a game-changer to be honest, but on second look I just noticed that the Anniversary Edition version of the Zhu Rong's Firebow has a +1 to all skills in Earth Mastery that wasn't there in Immortal Throne, so THQ Nordic made it slightly better. ^^
« Last Edit: 20 March 2018, 13:25:46 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2018, 14:35:32 »
you can do it hybrid man.. only 5 lvls and you can wear symbol of the polymath

although, a friend on reddit before outlined the idea for a mage avenger.. it's very much like my mage haruspex.. basically take that, substitute VO and eruption for distortion wave.. and also core dweller for monster lure.. you don't need very high dex.. i say just enough for neith's will (271) which you won't use at all.. DPS wise, i don't think it can match with a hybrid bow avenger but at least you can wear a shield
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2018, 15:33:17 »
Most of the time when I play Hybrids, my equipment is a complete mirror of the other except the weapon:

Sage: Astrapi
Avenger: Zhu Rong or Apollo's Curved Bow

Thane: dual affixed (flat light/cold bonus) Sabretooth
Battlemage: dual affixed (flat fire bonus) Sabretooth

Everything is from head to toe, amulet & rings is identical, saves brain cells and time for testing. Sometimes artifact also differs for elemental damage bonus.

But to answer the main question of OP, the best possible bow would most likely be a dual affixed (flat fire damage bonus) Bramblebow since you have the innate RR shred and the possibility to socket it with Prometheus (more fire dmg bonus) or Sheng Nong's (more flat RR shred)
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2018, 19:43:48 »
Zu Rhong is no longer the best bow for avenger. Two new bows coming with Ragnarok offer better physical, total damage boost (+25%) and attack speed like Ichaival:
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/ichaival

and the other, the best one Nidbow offers in addition life+energy leech and a nice 20% reduced resistance which is always handy for eruption:
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/nidbow

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2018, 03:13:50 »
uggghh OP AE:R items. but looks more like a Dragonhunter Bow (Ichaival) and a Bonecharmer Bow (Nidbpw). But Ichaival you can definitely for either a Sage or an Avenger. You can't even come close to that much flat damage bonus from items in Vanilla+IT TQ, and it has both on 1 item...

I'd suggest Winds on Asphodel (https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/winds-of-asphodel) as your debuff item, before pelting them with Ichaival.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2018, 03:20:24 »
i take back what i said that a mage avenger can't compare with a hybrid bow avenger DPS wise.. i forgot scatter shot has been greatly nerfed.. so single target wise, maybe not.. but AoE wise, a mage avenger might be even better with 80% CDR
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2018, 16:43:09 »

I'm missing something here. You mean the level req. for that artifact?

But to answer the main question of OP, the best possible bow would most likely be a dual affixed (flat fire damage bonus) Bramblebow since you have the innate RR shred and the possibility to socket it with Prometheus (more fire dmg bonus) or Sheng Nong's (more flat RR shred)

Bramblewoods always seem the best, but everybody just hates farming Anourans. They're by far the most annoying mobs ingame, because they run like crazy >:( Ratman archers are bad too, but they are rarer or at least, you don't encounter three successive areas of only them.

uggghh OP AE:R items.

Yeah, quite bothered by that actually. They're definitely intended for a Dragonhunter and Bonecharmer respectively, but their flat damage stats, even the elemental ones, are just too good to ignore.

i take back what i said that a mage avenger can't compare with a hybrid bow avenger DPS wise.. i forgot scatter shot has been greatly nerfed.. so single target wise, maybe not.. but AoE wise, a mage avenger might be even better with 80% CDR

What I did with my Sage, was just not invest in Scatter Shot Arrows at all, since on a pure Int. archer, it doesn't do much anymore. Just max Puncture Shot and Volley to buff the arrows that do carry elemental damage, and save those points for something else. Marksmanship is equally useless, since projectile speed does not affect actual attack speed, so if you know how to lead your shots, it's totally not worth it on an elemantal build. Even without Ragnarok, you can get something like this at level 60. You can then grab Freezing Blast, or max out Storm Surge or the Wisp.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2018, 19:09:00 »
yes 45 lvl req.. no stat reqs

15% str, int, dex
15% phys damage, elem damage
15% total speed

take note that total speed boosts run, attack, and cast speed
tailor made for a hybrid, right?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2018, 22:43:32 »
yes 45 lvl req.. no stat reqs

15% str, int, dex
15% phys damage, elem damage
15% total speed

take note that total speed boosts run, attack, and cast speed
tailor made for a hybrid, right?

I've always loved "total speed", mainly because I'm a run speed addict. It makes playing more fun, it reduces total time to grind, and it can be a real lifesaver too.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal