Author Topic: Potentially Taboo - Saved game question  (Read 7136 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hippius

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Potentially Taboo - Saved game question
« on: 26 October 2018, 03:36:39 »
Hello all! Currently i'm playing the game with a friend.. We've played through normal and beat it, but would like to try other builds but skip through normal.

I know in Grim Dawn you can download a blank level 60 or 75 and jump to the tough stuff (elite/ultimate).  Is there a way to do that in Titan quest?  I can't find a downloadable save game anywhere.  We don't want to tread through normal again and we want to jump to the exciting loots and more challenging content.  The game is huge!

Is it possible and if so, how? 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Potentially Taboo - Saved game question
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2018, 07:32:35 »
It's probably possible, but I don't know of anyone who's got a higher level blank character.  Which version of the game are you playing?  If it's the Anniversary Edition, there's an option to start a new character as an Accomplished Hero which is an L40 one starting at the Ragnarök expansion point.  You'd have to gear up of course, but I think you get about 1mil in cash to spend for that.

You might also be able to make a copy of your current characters and edit them in TQDefiler or GDDefiler to make blank copies, but never having needed to do that I couldn't tell you if you can for sure or not.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2018, 08:06:27 »
1. It isnt taboo here, unless u r talking steam..
2. Load up any TQ IT char u have NOT loaded in AE/AER in old defiler & do whatever, levels, multi mastery, 20000 billion attribute points, whatever.
  then exit TQ IT & load this same one in AE/AER (just open that)

THEY NEED TO BE SEPARATE INSTALLS.

GDD wont cut it.

PS: If u just wanna try builds, try Accomplished monkey option at 40.
PPS: If u just wanna try killing legendary mobs without skilling the normal way, or at least once the fully legit way while farming EVERYTHING on ur own without shop mods or vault, u will prolly not get very far. (IMHO)
« Last Edit: 26 October 2018, 08:09:29 by andyblast »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2018, 11:19:33 »
If there is no character template online, you can create one  yourself and duplicate it until darnation.

Also, if you want to jump to 'harder' content, have you thought of simply using a mod that increased the game's difficulty? (My personnal recommendation is Chuck Norris AE.)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hippius

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2018, 13:19:28 »
1. It isnt taboo here, unless u r talking steam..
2. Load up any TQ IT char u have NOT loaded in AE/AER in old defiler & do whatever, levels, multi mastery, 20000 billion attribute points, whatever.
  then exit TQ IT & load this same one in AE/AER (just open that)

THEY NEED TO BE SEPARATE INSTALLS.

GDD wont cut it.

PS: If u just wanna try builds, try Accomplished monkey option at 40.
PPS: If u just wanna try killing legendary mobs without skilling the normal way, or at least once the fully legit way while farming EVERYTHING on ur own without shop mods or vault, u will prolly not get very far. (IMHO)
Thanks all.  This looks like the easiest way... If I can figure it out. We definitely don't want to actually, what we consider, cheat... like boosting stats above what normal would provide. We did try an accomplished hero but you still have to complete all of normal, and even speeding through the whole game while collecting the special quests that reward skill points/ attributes etc... it's still hours of game time getting to elite. 

If I use the defiler, is there an option to have normal mode completed? Or would we still have to blast through normal?

Thanks again. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2018, 15:01:00 »
You should be able to unlock all difficulties - just tick the appropriate box/es.

Edit: Um, looking at GDDefiler there's no way yet since it doesn't have all the features implemented yet.  But if you're using TQDefiler you should be able to.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 26 October 2018, 18:05:25 »
I right now am slogging thru Normal for the umteenth time over the years. Since I'm in no hurry to zip thru the game to get another game to zip through......
That for you young people. The only cheat I used the defiler for was constant daylight. My eyes are not as good as they use to be.
I do miss the old joystick. I still have and 8 button one stored.
Everybody has their own way of playing for their enjoyment. Mine is to just piddle along.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 26 October 2018, 19:51:44 »

If I use the defiler, is there an option to have normal mode completed? Or would we still have to blast through normal?

Yes, Old defiler allows it. Heres what u'd have to do:

Make a char in old IT, open old defiler install & give this char enough lvls u deem necessary.
Now add extra points from quests (sparta, thebes etc, & also attributes from Fetid lair, medea's grove etc).
Enable Highest difficulty as Epic.
u can also add gold.

open this char in AE/AER & start from Helos epic....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hippius

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 27 October 2018, 01:35:29 »
Well that was a hassle, haha. 

Installed TQ:IT and it gave an invalid CD key error.  With Steam.  lol.  So i had to fix it by modifying my Local files in REGEDIT with my purchased steam key.  That took some time, but at least that worked.

Fiddled around with the Defiler for a bit and finally... After almost giving up many times,  i have unlimited elite ready characters!  Thank you all!!!
I right now am slogging thru Normal for the umteenth time over the years. Since I'm in no hurry to zip thru the game to get another game to zip through......
That for you young people. The only cheat I used the defiler for was constant daylight. My eyes are not as good as they use to be.
I do miss the old joystick. I still have and 8 button one stored.
Everybody has their own way of playing for their enjoyment. Mine is to just piddle along.
I feel ya. At 36 i feel like an old man too.  I wouldn't be doing this if i didn't play already hundreds of hours 10 years ago. Elite/Ultimate is where the big loots start to awe.  And that's at least 80 hours of game time alone. Leveling only 2 builds to Ultimate mode is hundreds and hundreds of game hours.  I just don't have that time, or patience.

Thanks again all!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 27 October 2018, 03:39:31 »
Play massbosses if u like fun of mass loot drops. Super fun if u can manage a ranged char

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 27 October 2018, 23:38:00 »
At 88, the only reason I play game is because TV is so boring.  I'm lucky if I manage 1 boss. LOL
Right now, I can't seem to beat Charon playing a pure Pyro. Need to think of a strategy. This is a new character, self found and no cheats.
Andyblast, glad you are having a good time, the most I've played is X2

Edit: after dying once to Charon, just entered past the wall of water and lobbed fire balls till he died. lazy man's way.
« Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 15:15:09 by oldage »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal