Author Topic: Titan Quest: Mobile  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Titan Quest: Mobile
« on: 14 January 2020, 07:30:59 »
Hello everybody. It's been awhile! I'm very glad that I found this forum bookmarked away, because I can't find any answers to my questions via Google search. I'm here to talk about the mobile version of the game. I didn't see a sub forum for that, so in case I missed it, I apologize...and feel free to move this to wherever!

Ok, so I'm like most of you TQ fanatics, I end up with multi copies of the game across multiple platforms over the years and yesterday I decided to purchase TQ: Mobile for IOS. I got it specifically for when I'm bored to death at work, which lately has been quite often. Anyways, to my surprise the game runs really good on my Iphone 11. I didn't do much research at all before I bought it. In fact, I don't even know if THQ Nordic was involved in the mobile version of the game or not. Anyways, I'm finding the game pretty fun on mobile, and it makes my long nights at work in the cold breeze by...

But here are my concerns, questions...

Firstly, does anyone know if the expansions will ever come to mobile? I totally forgot that the BASE game doesn't even include the caravan driver, meaning I can't transfer glorious loot from one character to another. This sucks. Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to drop items after picking them up. You just have to portal to a merchant every single time you load up your inventory, which is incredibly annoying. Also, the potions only stack to 5! WTF!?

I guess I can't complain too much. It's still very much playable on mobile and I'm having fun with it. I just wanted to ask you folks if you've ever heard any rumors of the expansions coming to mobile. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 14 January 2020, 07:32:31 by Thanatos »

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Titan Quest: Mobile
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2020, 08:20:09 »
Accoridng to Wiki the original mobile was done by DotEmu and later versions by THQNordic. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_Quest

As far as I know there are no plans to add the expansions to the mobile version of the game. Currently THQNordic are working on porting the expansions to the various console versions they have.  You can keep track of news by the blog

https://titanquestgame.com/titan-quest-november-update/

or either on the Steam forum or the TQF discord as well.

And yes, in the original game potions only stack to 5.  Unless they got added you also won't find any Enchanters, Arcane Formulas, Artifacts or tombstones when you die either.

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2020, 18:06:28 »
Hey, thanks a lot Medea! I'll keep that site bookmarked. I can always count on you when it comes to all things TQ related.  :) I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for mobile expansions, improvements, etc...

Offline TQAndy

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2020, 10:55:23 »
...game potions only stack to 5.  ...you also won't find any Enchanters, Arcane Formulas, Artifacts or tombstones when you die either.
As of 04.03.2020 in version 1.0.20 the above is true.
TQ:AE Android player since February 2020

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2020, 22:13:46 »
This is the company to contact about trying to persuade them to add the expansions to the mobile version.

https://www.handy-games.com/en/contact/

Evidently, according to chat on the official TQDiscord yesterday Handy are working on porting the expansions over, it's just not easy to do.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2020, 11:19:32 »
Nice article here about the android version of the game

https://www.androidcentral.com/titan-quest-android-game-week

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal