Author Topic: OPEN BETA TEST  (Read 18828 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: OPEN BETA TEST
« Reply #30 on: 02 May 2019, 21:24:28 »
Redid the cooldown values for Refresh to end up with ~90 second cooldown for every level today. Had to look up the math to get it right lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: 17 May 2019, 17:34:09 »
Needless to say at this point, all development on this mod is cancelled.

Until the mod breaking issues from the Atlantis update are resolved.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
« Reply #32 on: 17 May 2019, 23:10:11 »
if you reference one of my earlier posts there is a solution.

"In the comments of the Paths mod it was mentioned that they couldn't used the compressed .arc files anymore, they apparently aren't loading anymore. So they had to put the whole uncompressed folder in for the mod. Is that something you have tried?"
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 17 May 2019, 23:21:48 »
Yes, I have. It works for custom meshes.

However, I have to say the first cardinal rule of programming application versions is : Never break the interface.

Instead of adding meshes in my mod's working directory, I now have to add them to the build directory. Since I was using a custom version of ArtManager, you can argue there was no interface to break as adding .msh files using the ArtManger was never implemented in the official version of the program.

Fair enough. I now have to gather all my custom meshes from my working source directory and add them manually to the build directory, not the dev's problem, but it IS MINE.  >:(

The map issue persists and my mod is unplayable.

My existing mod up on Steam will have to be updated, but I don't want to as it is too much effort. I will delete the Steam v1.1 LoC mod now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #34 on: 19 May 2019, 10:25:44 »
Instead of adding meshes in my mod's working directory, I now have to add them to the build directory. Since I was using a custom version of ArtManager, you can argue there was no interface to break as adding .msh files using the ArtManger was never implemented in the official version of the program.
I don't get this. If you add a .msh to the source files of your mod, you can create an asset. Or is this something new that came with the Atlantis AM ?
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 19 May 2019, 18:03:26 »
It's new.

You can restore the meshes to the mod by re-archiving them from the build directory (documents/games/tq/custommaps) directories.

Custom maps no longer function. Has anyone tried to play Lilith since the Atlantus update?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #36 on: 19 May 2019, 18:07:55 »

Custom maps no longer function. Has anyone tried to play Lilith since the Atlantus update?

I did, ( even unistaled ATlantis)

Dont work, you are ported into main game now ( all buggy)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 19 May 2019, 18:20:36 »
From the Steam forum user BFG Zyddie:
Atlantis came with a lot of changes to even the base game which is why some mods no longer work, that is something that the modders will have to fix and work through. I know it sucks but the Titan Quest community have some great modders and I´m sure most if not all of them are already working on updating their mods.

Not much we can do from the dev side of things.

Emphasis mine.

So what I'm to understand is that this is the new modding reality and we modders can expect no fixes from the THQNordic/Pieces devs in the future.

I deleted LoC v1.1 from Steam as I don't want to rework the whole thing, I don't care if that's a problem. I'm mad as hell and I don't owe anyone anything.

I am working on a simple pet mod for atlantis and it's going well, without a custom map of course.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 19 May 2019, 18:33:30 »
I saw his post early this morning,  i dont know what to say about it..i mean..they redone the whole thing and not even a new guide , so we are going blind thru the game now.

This is kick right into the modding community. No offense to Devs, but this wasnt really necessary, no one were asking for this.

Sorry to bought this in your thread, Bumble

This hurts.

Thankfull still have disc version. If everything goes wrong
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #39 on: 19 May 2019, 23:28:05 »
If devs decided to make it that way, it seems fine to me but for Atlantis, for AE or AE+Ragnarok it should be available previous game for players, so now as 2 separated games. Blizzard for example killed WarCraft3 custom maps with game updates, targets to push away was about 90% of players, game fans for over a decade who doesn't play official maps, so they granted wishes to small amount of players and lost probably half of game fans who went to alternatives. TQ is far from that situation, but I hope it will happen this change with separated games if you guys temporary abort progress with Atlantis. I think the only way to keep things is if they push AE+R+Atlantis as separated game from AE+R, the same thing as for Immortal Throne, so we can have 3 or 4 games now.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 06 June 2019, 15:01:11 »
That's very bad news. It's clear now, that modders won't be getting much support. At least we know what to expect.
Sorry for v1.1 BG. All that work and effort... but i bet that many people will still play 1.57. Not all is lost.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal