Author Topic: Any News When Raknarok + Atlantis DLC Will Release On Nintendo Switch?  (Read 10933 times)

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello everyone. I have just been trying to find any news about when/if Ragnarok and Atlantis will be coming out for Switch? I just bought TQ for Switch yesterday and noticed that the Rune Mastery is there but greyed out, and some shops sell throwing items but requires Ragnarok. Honestly, this didn't upset me, it just makes me believe that one day the 2 DLC's will finally come to Nintendo Switch!

Anyone have new info?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2020, 10:27:10 by Thanatos »

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Any News When Raknarok + Atlantis DLC Will Release On Switch?
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2020, 06:38:25 »
Not yet; still waiting for a definite date from the CM at THQNordic.  It's going through certification with Nintendo atm.

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Any News When Raknarok + Atlantis DLC Will Release On Switch?
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2020, 10:22:16 »
That's great news, Medea!

I'm having a lot more fun on the Switch version than mobile (the Switch screen is small enough, but on my phone!). I guess I can give my 2 cents about the early beginnings of the Switch version. I have 4 characters between level 10-12. That's not far in by any means, but still took many hours just to do that (at least for me). But in that time, I've had no crashes, and the only bugs I've noticed are some frame rate drops, weird texture glitches, and sometimes my Litch stands around not attacking enemies (rare). I haven't experienced anything game breaking.

But other than that, nothing beats being able to play TQ in bed, or in the living room on a giant TV screen. It took me a long time to get used to the auto-targeting system, but I think I've gotten used to it.

Is anyone else here playing TQ on Switch? If so, what are your thoughts?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Glad to hear you're enjoying it.  :)

If you do find any bugs you think need reporting then use this to do so.

https://redmine.thqnordic.com/projects/titan-quest-atlantis-community/issues/new

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Wow, Medea. You are a wealth of information. There should be a statue of you outside THQ Nordic and Crate Headquarters.  ;) I will submit these bugs.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I don't think Medierra would want a statue of me outside his house - which is the HQ for Crate since they all work remotely so don't have an office.   ;D

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
There should be a statue of you outside THQ Nordic and Crate Headquarters.  ;) I will submit these bugs.
actually yes, along with line of epic heroes.. even when people (including me) are cursing the game, they are firm "everything's ok devs will fix it"

don't have an office.
i see
« Last Edit: 23 June 2020, 04:44:05 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
just so it doesn't get taken out of context, the game is in a better place because of people like Medea and line of epic heroes.. is all i mean
i are TQ titans
i are many people

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There should be a statue of you outside THQ Nordic and Crate Headquarters.  ;) I will submit these bugs.
actually yes, along with line of epic heroes.. even when people (including me) are cursing the game, they are firm "everything's ok devs will fix it"

Say hopeful, rather than firm.  The devs are working on porting the expansions to the consoles and also providing controller support as well as trying to fix bugs.  If they were independent like Crate and could work on it indefinitely then pretty sure most bugs would get fixed eventually.  However, they're not; they answer to THQNordic and it's up to them how long they allow Pieces to continue working on the game. 

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello Medea, I am a long time forum and I appreciate your devotation to both Titan Quest and Grim Dawn.

Your love, and all care and love of all members of this forum, for TQ specifically, is what make these two ARPGs different.

Thank you for all.

« Last Edit: 24 June 2020, 00:13:41 by Diego982 »

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello Medea, I am a long time forum and I appreciate your devotation to both Titan Quest and Grim Dawn.

Your love, and all care and love of all members of this forum, for TQ specifically, is what make these two ARPGs different.

Thank you for all.

Yup I very much agree. I'm so glad people are still interested in this game to this day.

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards

don't have an office.
i see

Sorry for being out of the loop, but I'm curious as to why you say you are "cursing" the game. Like I said, I'm kind of out of the loop, and I can't even keep up with all of the changes TQ has gone through any more.

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sorry for being out of the loop, but I'm curious as to why you say you are "cursing" the game. Like I said, I'm kind of out of the loop, and I can't even keep up with all of the changes TQ has gone through any more.
more like cursed. past tense. I'm too tired of complaining now because it's just the same over and over again. people report bugs left and right. some get fixed, some don't. but one thing constant is every update, even though it may fix some bugs, it will introduce new bugs

just recently, this lol bug happened to me
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1322.msg15174;topicseen#new
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
more like cursed. past tense. I'm too tired of complaining now because it's just the same over and over again. people report bugs left and right. some get fixed, some don't. but one thing constant is every update, even though it may fix some bugs, it will introduce new bugs

Oh that makes sense. Yeah new patches usually introduce new bugs, and now that this game is so huge, I can see how that could frustrate you.

So going back to the Switch version I discovered something that really shocked me last night! The skin they are using for the Wisp in the Storm tree is now a Raven similar to the Storm Raven from Grim Dawn. Did you all know that? :-\ I really liked having an electrical ball follow me around on the PC version. I wonder why they changed it for Switch...not sure about Xbox and PS4 versions.
« Last Edit: 26 June 2020, 20:28:02 by Thanatos »

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Oh that makes sense. Yeah new patches usually introduce new bugs, and now that this game is so huge, I can see how that could frustrate you.

So going back to the Switch version I discovered something that really shocked me last night! The skin they are using for the Wisp in the Storm tree is now a Raven similar to the Storm Raven from Grim Dawn. Did you all know that? :-\ I really liked having an electrical ball follow me around on the PC version. I wonder why they changed it for Switch...not sure about Xbox and PS4 versions.

Fun Fact: it was always like that! all the small enemies like orbs are using the crow model, but the dev did some trick to make the appeal different ingame :P
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal