Author Topic: [AE 1.56 theory] Scatter Shot Alternative Stonespeaker Build  (Read 21705 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: [AE 1.56 theory] Scatter Shot Alternative Stonespeaker Build
« Reply #15 on: 17 June 2018, 11:42:36 »
I'm even more convinced now though, that this is a genuine bug, that theoretically should get fixed in a patch.
These hero/monster/NPC models not overlapping and pushing each other to the sides instead had been there since the start. I have nothing to do with programming but I'm afraid it might turn out not being fixable at all, its some basic model physics.

And really, one mob getting through while others 15 are blocked is not a serious issue.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 17 June 2018, 14:39:28 »
I'm even more convinced now though, that this is a genuine bug, that theoretically should get fixed in a patch.
These hero/monster/NPC models not overlapping and pushing each other to the sides instead had been there since the start. I have nothing to do with programming but I'm afraid it might turn out not being fixable at all, its some basic model physics.

And really, one mob getting through while others 15 are blocked is not a serious issue.

The pushing is not the issue. The problem is mobs moving through solid objects like walls, because they are pushed, or even by themselves.

You're right about one mob getting through not being a problem, while 15 others are blocked, given that those were, say 16 Satyrs. However, if you try to block 3 Jotun, and out of those 3, 1 or 2 get through, then it's a problem, or at least the whole attempt at blocking is pointless.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 17 June 2018, 19:06:07 »
The debuff is strong indeed, but it needs to be mentioned that it requires 22 skillpoints to max out both Menhir Wall, and Guardian Stones, while putting only 1 skillpoint in Seal of Fate, and 6 to max out Aftershock provides an arguably better debuff, be it a single triggered one, rather than a constant one.

I'm sorry I am not quite following this part.. I wasn't talking about the debuff Menhir wall provides (If we can consider a tiny stun retaliation as a debuff that is).. I was only talking about aftershock and its debuff being a strong one..

Anyway, I'm glad that you spotted the bug about the wall as well.. probably much earlier than I did.. could it be the case that casting it too close to mobs force the mechanics of the game to decide which one should occupy that specific point of the map in that instance, the enemy, or the wall itself?.. if that spot is too little for both the monster and the wall to stand at the same time, maybe the game simply remove that monster from the spot in order to successfully deploy the wall there and randomly put the monster anywhere around it (unfortunately the player's side most of the time).. if something like this is the case, then they have to fix it by simply making the wall thinner, thus occupying less space/pixels on the map, I guess.. ::)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 17 June 2018, 21:58:03 »
could it be the case that casting it too close to mobs force the mechanics of the game to decide which one should occupy that specific point of the map in that instance, the enemy, or the wall itself?.. if that spot is too little for both the monster and the wall to stand at the same time, maybe the game simply remove that monster from the spot in order to successfully deploy the wall there and randomly put the monster anywhere around it (unfortunately the player's side most of the time)..

Ah, I didn't read the previous posts from that after thread, hence I assumed you were commenting on Menhir Wall, and missed the fact that you were allready referring to Aftershock.

Regarding the above, that could indeed very well be the case. The issue does seem to occur frequently when the Wall is summoned in close proximity to a mob. However, in my experience, doorways are still the main trigger for this glitch. It seems almost like the game forcibly tries to channel mobs through a doorway, causeway or obstacle, in a way that it would not handle normal pathfinding, and then yes, the Wall is there and occupies the same space. With normal pathfinding, the mob would be halted, as the Wall was there first, but it seems like with doorways and causeways, the forced channeling overrules the normal priority. This would also explain why the mob is redeployed on the player's side: the mob is advancing towards the player, it gets forcibly channeled through a doorway and ends up occupying the same space as a Wall, then, because the mob was given false priority in the first place it is placed ahead of the wall towards the direction it (the mob) was advancing in (the player's).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #19 on: 17 June 2018, 22:56:24 »
I think it happens when mobs are trying to surround a single pillar. Some might slip through to appear from behind, others pushed out because there is another pillar where they wanted to stand.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2018, 15:01:30 »
@botebote77

You know, apart from equiping two Chakram of the Sun, one could also go for one Chakram of the Sun, and a Hati:
Spoiler for Hiden:

I imagine the damage would be somewhat less consistent, but with more crazy damage spikes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2018, 04:16:58 »
i have like 4 chakram of the sun and no hati.. might be just RNG though.. also no chakram of the moon despite tq-db saying they have about the same chance of dropping (at least from heroes and bosses).. most thrown weapons i got were dropped by regular mobs

edit: i just looked at Hati drop chance and it says "no bosses seem to drop this item".. that explains it.. maybe there's a chance it's given as a quest reward.. but the chance of getting it must be slim

or tq-db isn't updated and Hati now drops in the latest versions
« Last Edit: 19 June 2018, 04:23:36 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2018, 23:14:07 »
edit: i just looked at Hati drop chance and it says "no bosses seem to drop this item".. that explains it.. maybe there's a chance it's given as a quest reward.. but the chance of getting it must be slim

Actually Hati doesn't drop at all!!  :o
It's not there in any loot tables. There are 15 loot tables for ranged weapons in Ragnarok, and Hati is in non of them.
To be sure, I searched entire 1.54 and 1.56 database.arz(57,151 files)

Here is the only way you could get it :P
Spoiler for Hiden:

@Hector  one more use of Blacksmith tool  :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2018, 23:56:45 »
It's not there in any loot tables. There are 15 loot tables for ranged weapons in Ragnarok, and Hati is in non of them.

Spoiler for Hiden:

All right, that's downright bizarre,..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #24 on: 20 June 2018, 01:00:10 »

Spoiler for Hiden:

All right, that's downright bizarre,..

Not really, when you consider all the anomalies from Ragnarok.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 20 June 2018, 03:42:00 »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Hell yeah  O0 O0 O0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 03 July 2018, 22:26:21 »
This is ridiculous,..

I just found three of these during a single quick progress-driven non-farming run of Epic Valley of the Kings, and I allready found an identical one a few days ago:

Sometimes I really hate how this game shafts you by letting you find the same Epic or Legendary item that you don't need on any character over and over again, while some items or that last piece of a set never drop.

RNG, my arse! There's no way how the same item can come up like that three times in a row, through complete randomness. There simply is something wrong with the seed system used.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2018, 22:28:26 by Laionidas »

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 03 July 2018, 23:12:38 »
the drop rate of throwing weapons are way to hight than the other type of weapons, because you know *rune mastery*
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 04 July 2018, 01:53:50 »
the devs are just trying to convince us to try throwing weapons

and of course it's possible, it's neiths will.. don't worry, the next time it will be 3 Ladon's maw
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #29 on: 04 July 2018, 02:55:15 »
the devs are just trying to convince us to try throwing weapons

and of course it's possible, it's neiths will.. don't worry, the next time it will be 3 Ladon's maw

My guess is that Laionidas has been unlucky and frequently found throwing weapons. When that happens, the game randomly picks one out of an array, and because the pool of throwing weapons is small, you will tend to find the same ones over and over.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal