Author Topic: New Expansion!  (Read 2976 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Expansion!
« on: 10 May 2019, 22:13:04 »
I wasn't sure if I was even supposed to post in the announcement or the patch note threads, so I decided to just make one.

I opened Steam, and I saw that Titan Quest and related stuff is on sale. Pretty big discounts, too. I thought cool, let's just look at how much I could've gotten it for had I waited for this long- Wait, new expansion?

Well, I couldn't resist so I got it. I have a level 83 Stonespeaker running around on legendary Act V (and quite a few others, although only on normal yet). So why not check out the new stuff?

I don't know who to tell it about, but there are a few issues; quite a bit of lag and stutter in general. The final area of Muspellheim was pretty bad, especially the outdoor areas of the stronghold; other than that it seems fine.

Anyway, I couldn't wait to check out the new skills, so I'll put a list of them in spoilers for those who are interested (only level 1, and while I have them on screenshots, if memory serves, we shouldn't upload pictures too much and cropping them would take longer than typing them out anyway, so here you go.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Earth

Meteor Rain: Call down a shower of burning rocks from the heavens.
19.4 Seconds Recharge
300 Energy Cost
4.0 Second Duration
3.5 Meter Radius
320 Damage
96 Burn Damage over 3.0 Seconds
3.0 Seconds of Stun

Fire Nova: Sends out a ring of flames that ignites everything in the area.
6.4 Seconds Recharge
130 Energy Cost
20.0 Meter Radius
99 Burn Damage over 3.0 Seconds
33 Fire Damage
11% Chance of Impaired Aim for 3.0 Seconds

Storm

Arc Discharge: Enhances the Wisp's Thunderclap ability, generating tendrils of lightning.
62-106 Lightning Damage
0.5 Seconds of Stun

Lightning Dash: Move between your enemies at lightning speed, becoming hard to hit in the process. Assign this skill to your left mouse button.
5 Energy Cost
10 Lightning Damage
+444% Movement Speed
10% Chance to Dodge Attacks
10% Chance to Avoid Projectiles

Spirit

Soul Drain: Cause Life Drain to explode outward, causing harm to body and soul.
8.0 Meter Radius
12% Reduction to Enemy's Health
150 Vitality Damage
6% Energy Drain
2.0 Seconds of Sleep
+200% Damage to Ghosts

Soul Vortex: Concentrate your Spirit power to voraciously absorb all life force and energy in your immediate surroundings.
70.0 Seconds Recharge
120 Energy Cost
4.0 Second Duration
5.0 Meter Radius
36 Life Leech per Second
12 Energy Leech per Second
50% Slowed for 1.0 Seconds
100% Life Leech Resistance
100% Energy Leech Resistance

Nature

Earthbind: Summons roots from the earth to slow and immobilize all foes around you.
20.0 Seconds Recharge
65 Energy Cost
22.0 Meter Radius
36-48 Poison Damage per Second
50% Reduced Defensive Ability for 1.0 Seconds
1.0 Seconds of Immobilization
66% Slower Movement for 2.0 Seconds

Sylvan Protection: The Nymph calls upon the vines of the undergrowth to keep enemies at bay.
12 Energy Cost
68-90 Damage
35-45 Piercing Damage
8% Reduction to Enemy's Health
66% Reduced Defensive Ability for 1.0 Seconds
1.0 Seconds of Immobilization
75% Slower Movement for 2.0 Seconds

Rune

Rune Storm: When the situation calls for it, combining mismatched runes can create a dangerous storm of unforeseen effects.
51.6 Seconds Recharge
300 Energy Cost
10.0 Second Duration
4.5 Meter Radius
30 Damage
Chance for one of the following: 1.0 Seconds of Skill Disruption, 1.0 Seconds of Stun, 1.0 Seconds of Fear, 1.0 Seconds of Confusion
20 Elemental Retaliation

Rune Field: Create more runes across a larger area.
(Improvement of Runic Mines)
25 Energy Cost
0.5 Second Duration
6 Projectiles

Dream

Dream Image: Draws forth a mirror image of yourself from the dreamworld that briefly fights at your side.
140.0 Seconds Recharge
150 Energy Cost
Extra Lifetime 10 Seconds
Doppelganger Attributes: Lifetime 10.0 Seconds, 3840 Health, 1920 Energy
Doppelganger Abilities: 384-480 Damage

Psionic Beam: Improve the psionic focus within your magic staff to channel a rapid-fire attack. Works only with Staves.
10% Chance to pass through Enemies
10% Increase in Projectile Speed

Warfare

Slam: Hit all enemies in a straight line with staggering force, disrupting their aim and spellcasting.
7.0 Seconds Recharge
80 Energy Cost
60-80 Damage
20% Reduction to Enemy's Health
70% Chance of Impaired Aim for 1.0 Seconds
1.0-1.5 Seconds of Skill Disruption
1.0-2.0 Seconds of Stun

Lasting Legacy: Forming a deeper connection with your ancestors allows their spirits to remain at your side for longer.
4 Energy Cost
Extra Lifetime 4 Seconds

Defense

Unyielding Phalanx: Summon the shades of fallen comrades to form a line with you once more, engaging any enemy that dares to approach.
80.0 Seconds Recharge
112 Energy Cost
Extra Lifetime 6 Seconds
Elysian Soldier Attributes: Lifetime 6 Seconds, 250 Health
Elysian Soldier Abilities: Basic Attack, 141 Damage, 60 Piercing Damage, 40% Slower Movement for 2.0 Seconds

Perfect Block: Raise your shield to become temporarily invulnerable and stun any enemy attacking you in a melee.
15.6 Seconds Recharge
12 Second Duration
100% Damage Absorption
-100% Attack Speed
-100% Casting Speed
1.0-2.0 Stun Retaliation

Rogue

Blade Barrier: Summons a field of whirling blades that can transmit effects like a regular weapon.
30.0 Seconds Recharge
100 Energy Cost
10.0 Second Duration
2.5 Meter Radius
10 Bleeding Damage per Second
20 Piercing Damage
0% Reduction to Enemy's Health

Poison Mayhem: Throws multiple Poison Gas Bombs at a time.
1 Projectiles
0% Chance of Impaired Aim for 4.0 Seconds
2.0 Seconds of Fear

Hunting

Finesse: Increases your group's chances to inflict critical melee damage.
(Improvement of Call of the Hunt)
2.0% Chance of 20% Reduction to Enemy's Health
+100 Offensive Ability
+10% Offensive Ability

Spear Dance: An impressive display of spear mastery causes surrounding enemies to falter.
18.0 Seconds Recharge
60 Energy Cost
360 Arc of Attack
-20% Physical Damage
8.0 Chance of 1.0-3.0 Seconds of Fear
-50% Slower Attack for 2.0 Seconds

Separate spoiler for personal comments:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Of course I'm pretty stoked for the new Earth spells. Earth still doesn't get resistance reduction, which is fine, and overall they don't seem that interesting, though both could go well with Stone Form, which is neat.

I don't know how Lightning Dash is going to work but I'm glad that Storm got a left-click skill. I never focused much on the Wisp so I don't know much about that, either.

Spirit gets some added viability to Life Drain and some flat life leech on a skill, those have to be pretty interesting!

Nature gets Earthbind and... Nerfed Earthbind on the Nymph. I wish they weren't so close to identical, but they look interesting, and the massive defensive ability penalty makes this look pretty good for supporting melee classes as well as the immobilizing and slowing for supporting casters and ranged attackers. Seems fun!

Dream gets a doppelganger (seems like a lot of fun!) and an improvement to a left-skill staff attack! Interesting. Not sure how it'll compete with Ternion, but I like some variety.

Rune didn't inspire me too much, to be honest. Runic Mines seemed like a fun skill so more range and more mines look good, though I'll need to try that one with my Thunderer. Rune Storm seems a bit odd.

Warfare gets Slam (I assume this is the attack Polyphemus has) and some improvement to Ancestral Horn. The former is more exciting to me - it's something to use against archers and casters, and might be a very real skill for Battlemages, for which I'm excited.

Defense gets a summon skill and... basically a second Stone Form that lasts a lot longer, and apparently allows you to move, which is honestly pretty huge. A Juggernaut with Stone Form and Perfect Block and then Eruption and all the new skills that do stuff over time... wow. This could be getting somewhere.

I really like Blade Barrier from Rogue from the look of it, and it seems that transmitting weapon effects with skills might be Rogue's specialty. Making an overlooked skill better is something I can definitely get behind.

The improvements for Hunting seem to focus on spears, but that's fine with me. I like Finesse on a dual-wielding Slayer I was planning for a while, but I think that the health reduction part could work on ranged attacks, too. Whether that's worth it, considering their DPS, is another question. Spear Dance seems like War Wind, minus the charge, that can only be used with spears (or so I assume based on the name, the tooltip didn't say so).

Phew, done.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2019, 22:21:29 by Firebrand »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: New Expansion!
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2019, 22:22:28 »
If you find any bugs or have feedback to give to THQNordic then please use this public redmine to do so.

https://redmine.thqnordic.com/projects/titan-quest-atlantis-community

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: New Expansion!
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2019, 01:00:37 »
Can't wait to play this new expansion but they caught me at a bad time when it comes to money, lol. Definitely looks great!
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal