Author Topic: Important farming spots  (Read 29743 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Important farming spots
« on: 27 September 2021, 20:23:42 »
What are your "statutory" farming spots for almost every class that you play with?

It would be very useful for every player.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Important farming spots
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2021, 21:40:45 »
For me

Act 1 - Parnassus Warcamp to Gorgons (have great monster density and good chances to have good MIs )
       - Minoan Labyrinth ( gorgon cuffs and telkine and minotaur lord)

Act 2 - Valley of Kings ( 7 tombs , some of then have fixed heroes and telkine plus some magical chests along the way)
        -Last Temple after Thebes to Sandwraith lord ( fast progress from waypoint its very narrow path )

Act 3- Wusao to Olymps

Act4 - Hades Palace - Tower of Judment and Sonoris swamp

Act5 - i dont know as i dont go that area much i guess Sutr Fortress.

Atlantis i guess Atlantis city up to telkine

note - In act 1 you can choose Athens to Hydra but sometimes hydra causes huge fps drops making the game unplayable if you dont log out the game
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2021, 23:36:57 »
For me

Act 1 - Parnassus Warcamp to Gorgons (have great monster density and good chances to have good MIs )
       - Minoan Labyrinth ( gorgon cuffs and telkine and minotaur lord)

Act 2 - Valley of Kings ( 7 tombs , some of then have fixed heroes and telkine plus some magical chests along the way)
        -Last Temple after Thebes to Sandwraith lord ( fast progress from waypoint its very narrow path )

Act 3- Wusao to Olymps

Act4 - Hades Palace - Tower of Judment and Sonoris swamp

Act5 - i dont know as i dont go that area much i guess Sutr Fortress.

Atlantis i guess Atlantis city up to telkine

note - In act 1 you can choose Athens to Hydra but sometimes hydra causes huge fps drops making the game unplayable if you dont log out the game

I was trying to get some early game items for my future hardcore Auramancer-Eruption-DR almost-all-in-INT evoker and from waypoint of Parnassus to Pythian Cave helped me a lot. Found Staff of the Magi, prolly one of the best staff for caster earth in the game. Good area to farm but I gave up on normal SBC, almost 50 runs, no luck.

Btw playing with Templar named Baphomet, and I found it very powerful.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2021, 15:59:46 »
How are Alastor's drops? Just created my Auramancer (at least for now, she'll be turned out into caster Diviner after Act IV or whatever), and need some %fire stuff. Have some "of the Magi" items, but need more and especially %fire damage ones. Alastor worth to farm, any type of caster items?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2021, 16:17:16 »
Nah not really, Alastor doesnt have any special itens, you can pray if his majestic chest can drop anything usefull
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2021, 11:33:17 »
Also Dark Spirit Conduit is a hero that provides great xp. Idk if it's random or not but it's always in there for me.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2021, 14:51:08 »
Its have a fixed spawn in that tomb , he can appear 95% of time, if not its appear  it will  random mechanical trap.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2021, 05:15:50 »
Okay, so i'm typing this for newcomers, please don't assume i'm trying to lecture the TQ veterans here  :D

Keep in mind i mainly play melee, trown or bow and arrow characters... or in other words, buils that focus on raising Strength and Dexterity. This is how i do it on my hardcore solo self-found characters.

First of all, before we get to the actuall farming, my main gear source have to be the vendors, at least in normal difficulty. Sure, they might not be great for armor pieces in Epic and Legendary, but they can carry you through normal difficulty, and sell you viable weapons even in later difficulties. You'll be amazed what you can et from them, if you always check their merchandise when you're in town. It's great what the developers did with the trading in this game, because they give you a reason to gain large amonts of gold and a place to spend it. And you will need a lot of gold, because the really good stuff costs millions, but no worries, i will mention where you can make tons of gold too.

NORMAL DIFFICULTY

Act 1:

- Nessus the Centaur Chieftain - I always arive at the spartan war camp around level 5-6 and i farm Nessus intil level 8 when you get your second mastery. Of course he's not necessary to farm, he is more of a personal preference of mine. There are two items i normally expect to get here - Outriders Tunic and Outriders Buckler, which both have the best chance to drop from Nessus. You can also get some early game epics from him, like Helot's Rage, which is a great beginner's helm.

- The Arachnos quest cave in Tegea - Farming for Arachno's MI's, mainly the Deathweaver's Legtip. Also that cave often contains a majestic chest, sometimes more than one, so you can get some other cool stuff as you farm the Arachnos. I always farm here untill i get the Legtip, if i drop it on the very first run, i continue my journey through the act.

- Cyclops - Better than Nessus for epic and rare drops... also a good (not the best) early spot to get the best lesser crafting formula - Shroud of Eternal Night. I would normally do no more than 10-20 runs here, then continue forward

- The Gorgon Sisters - i don't really care about them. Their majestic chest seems to drop no more than the Cyclops one. But if you need experience, the skeleton ruins leading up to the gogons are a good source, and while you're at it might as well kill the gorgons too, and if you're lucky, get an early Stonebinder's Cuffs. Other than that, i see no point. If one follows the other farming suggestions before the Gorgon's, he'll be way overleveled anyway.

- Last rebirth fountain in the Minoan Labyrinth - best place for Stonebinder's Cuffs of course, and the the last fountain before the act boss. I always farm for Stonebinder's and then run Megalesios until i get at least 2 of each act 1 relics fully completed. I don't look for specific gear from him, but he always drops some epics here and there, that might be useful. Oh, yeah... almost forgot... if i don't have Shroud of Eternal Night up until this point, i stay and farm the Telkine until it drops. He has the best chance to drop it and that relic is just way to good to pass on. THat being said i once wasted 5 hours farming him on normal, but the damn formula never dropped... i have never been so angry at this game for more than 10 years playing it. :D

Act 2:

- The lizardmen from The Nile's Farmers Quest - Best place to make money, before Act 3. Also the best place if you're looking for Overseer's Mantle and Overseer's Crest MI's. Just farm the quest monsters that are at Nile's shores, right next to the farmer's village, pick up everything they drop and sell it. Every run takes no more than a minute with the loading screens, and you can make around 2 million gold in 10-15 minutes of lizard killing.

- The Skeleton Ruins past the Farmer's Village waypoint are a great source for XP if you need it. You get crazy enemy density there and 3 Dark Obelisks which grant lots of XP

- Iznu and the Dune Raider's camp in Fayum Desert - best spot to farm Eldrith's Bow, which is the best Bow before Act 4. Iznu has the best chance to drop it, followed by the Hyena Riders that use bows... that camp usually spawns one or two of them, somewhere around Iznu

- The Telkine in the Valley of Kings - Just focus on him and the three Dark Obelisks on the way for extra experience. I would once again spend no more than 10-15 runs here, unless i want something specific... like a lesser formula that will part of a Greater or Divine craft in the future... yeah, i tend to pre-plan stuff. :D Don't bother with the act boss, the Sandwraith - he sucks ass!

Act 3

- The small village after the fight with Chimera - there are a bunch of quest Ichtians there that drop a lot of rare items that you can sell to make money - it is the best place to farm gold all difficulties... even better on epic and legendary, where even yellow items sell for the max price. If you have act 5 unlocked in legendary, just farm there, and then sell everything in act 5 for the best return possible. You can make dozens of millions in no time. Also, the Ichtians drop a really nice weapon for spear wielding builds - the Ichtian Harpoon - It has a better base speed than most, if not all spears in the game, and it outperforms the MI spears from act 4, unless you get them with a good affix. Then again, if you get the Harpoon with a good affix...

- City of Chang'an - grab the fountain inside the city, where you pick a bunch of quests. Then go outside in the farmlands on the other exit of town, to kill tigermen for their MI's. I focus on two of them - the Sabertooth, which is the best melee weapon until act 5, and the Prowler's Cuirass, oh though you will need to get that one with a good prefix, like  Veteran's, Juggernaut's or Mountaneer's, to be worth having... with a good suffix in addition, it will be a godly armor to have.

- Once you get to Chang'an, you can also start running the vendors for a Hallowed Helm - just focus on the main traders in act 3 and skip the traveling ones.

- Typhon - the only boss that is worth farming for loot in Act 3. But he is a pain in the ass on normal difficulty, so i normally don't bother doing more than 5-10 runs here... if my kill speed in bad, i don't bother farming him at all.

Act 4

- At the very start of Act 4, i grab the portal to reach the first city in the Atlantis act - from now on i do my item selling here, so i can you look for Tinkerer items at the vendor. I don't play the Atlantis act, because i find it boring, tedious and broken as fuck! So i can't suggest any farming spots in that act, besides the vendors for Tinekerer stuff

- The Swamps past Medea's Grove - killing Anourans for the Bramblewood Bow wich is the best bow until middle of Act 5 - they also have other MI, that can be useful, but only if you get lucky with the affix roll... the spear is not that good if you already have the Ichtian Harpoon.

- Believe it or not, i don't farm anything else in act 4 on normal. Hades is just not worth the trouble... he's too far away from the fountain and you'll not be able to reach him and kill him fast enough, for the grind to be effective. And why bother? Act 5 is amazing for gearing anyway, it's almost guaranteed to get godly epics there. But let's say you don't have the expansion... i would still recomend skipping the Hades farm and jump straight to Epic difficulty where you can gear up easier and faster.

Act 5

- Killing the Tritons for their MI tridends, but not necessarilly... even the rare tridends they drop can be way better than the Ichtian Harpoon. Just have to hope for some additional attack speed and damage roll. They drop all the time, so with little patience you will get an upgrade here... just pick a spot with Tritons where you think it gives you the best chances. I recommend the the small town with the harbor from which you set sail to the north

- The Golden Boar - this is the only boss i farm in act 5 normal - I'm sure Surtr has better drop chances, but the Boar is so quick to farm that it's just better for me... but once again, i'm talking about normal difficulty.

- The Ichtians in the Ichtian Fjord - you can farm them for the Ichtian Stinger which is probably the best bow up until Act 4 on epic, but it might be outperformed by the epic Eldritch's Bow, if it gets a crazy roll on affixes.

- The Einherjar Battleborns in Asgard - these guys have a bunch of MI's than can roll really well, but on normal i only care about Einherjar's Fate, which is the best sword up until act 3 epic, where you get the epic Sabertooth. You will have to be patient and wait till it drops with either an additiona physical damage or attack speed roll and then wait till act 1 epic to upgrade it with the Embodiment of Valor of Achiles with 25% attack speed as a completion bonus. After that the Einherjar's Fate can hardly be outperformed by other weapons before Act 3, it will have to be and act 2 vendored piece with an insane roll.

EPIC DIFFICULTY

Act 1

- Boar Snatcher - great for completing epic relics early on... not so great for loot

- Talos the Master Automatoi - Best place for loot in epic Act 1.

- Minoan Labryrinth - the same as normal difficulty - get the epic Stonebinder's Cuffs, but skip the Telkine this time, no need for him when you have Talos. If i'm in the mood for time wasting i might do 10-15 Telkine runs, just to see if i get better luck from him.

Act 2

- Iznu and the dune raider's camp if you want Eldritch's Bow... i normally don't bother

- The Telkine - again, i don't bother too much here, but i might do 10-15 runs to test my luck

Act 3

- Ichtians (the same spot as normal difficulty) for the Ichtian Harpoon and MONEY!

- Prowlers for the Sabretooth and the hopes of a godly roll on the Prowler's Cuirass. Again, in the same spot as normal.

- Typhon - now... on epic he's a different story. He drops legendaries and epics quite often, and you'll be able to kill him much faster now... if you've played your cards right up to this point. I do at least 50 runs when i reach him on epic. If you're playing a class with Defense MAstery, use Colossus form to run past all enemies on the path to the summit, it will make the runs much faster and less tedious

Act 4

- Farming the Bramblewood Bow from the same spot... and that's it for me in that act.

- Once again i don't think Hades is worth the trouble. If you want to test your luck with him, better have that Defense Mastery, so you can use the Colossus for to skip most enemies on the way... it's a risky strategy, but it will cut a lot of time from the runs

Act 5

- The same as normal difficulty - the Tritons if you need a spear, the Ichtians for their Stinger Bow the Battleborns for your next sword upgrade, or maybe a nice roll on some of their other MI's. And of course, the Golden Boar for items in general... this time i would do around 100 runs here. And once again, screw Surtr, not worth it.

LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY

Act 1

- Boar Snatcher - again, to complete some legendary relics early on, nothing more.

- Lalrnean Hydra forever - very risky boss if you're trying to complete the game deathless... but the risk is worth it, because the Hydra has the best loot table and drop rates in the first 3 acts, except for Typhon of course. I do around 500 runs here, with every solo self-found characters. You will need to gear up for the challenges ahead, and patience is needed

- Stonebinder's Cuffs - same spot

Act 2

- SKIP!

Act 3

- It's the same as Epic - Ichtians for money and their Ichtian Harpoon. Prowlers for the Sabertooth. I would run Tyhon at least 200 times. Also consider farming the Tropical Arachnos in the jungles before Chang'an for their Exotic Carapace MI shield -  it has some nice bonuses to it, but you will need good affixes to be worth your time.

Act 4

- The cave past Medea's Grove - the Formicids there drop an MI shield called Soldier's Unyilding Will that can be insanely good with the right roll... Plain as it is it grants a huge bonus to defensive abillity, but it also needs godly rolls

- Past the Formicid caves there are some Lamia camps there - Lamias have some crazy MI's for Brigand builds, but they are quite rare and on top of that you'll need them to roll well

- The Bramblewood Bow again - before Ragnarock, its legendary version was the best bow in the entire game. Now it still has a place up in the top 5, and with the right roll it's only second to the Ichtian Stinger in my opinion

- The Troglodytes past the Charon boss fight - they have the Folg MI mace/club. The reason i don't recommend farming it on normal or epic, is beucause it's a mace type and attacks quite slow. But on legendary it's worth farming because if you can roll it with the Alacrity suffix and a physical damage preffix and then upgrade it with legendary Valor of Achiles with attack speed completion bonus, it becomes one of the best melee weapons in he game... And i know you can roll the Alacrity on the epic one too, but is it really worth wasting time farmig it on Epic difficulty? Not for me.

- Gigantes in Hades' Palace - They have a variety of MI"s that all have a set bonus to recistances and Defensive Ability - farm them only if you have a specific build in mind, that focuses on high defense rather than ofense, a build with maxed resistances and DA in the realms of 2000+. I did such a build once and it was insanely tanky, but not viable for solo self found, as it takes hundreds of hours to farm these pieces with good rolls... i had to do it on XMAX to shorten the time and increase the drop chances.

- Hades is deffinitely worth farming on legendary, but the path to him is very dangerous. If you have Colossus Form at your disposal, use it to run past everything

Act 5

- Same as Epic, but this time you can also farm the new boss Fafnir and the Ichtians for their damage reflection gear if you're working on reflection builds... the Ichtian Stinger on legendary is now the best bow the game, but you will need to get it with Alacrity, which is a pain in the ass to roll. Surtr has terrible drop rates for some reason, despite him having one of the best (if not the best) loot tables in the game. Most of the stuff that drops from Surtr can also be dropped by the Golden Boar, but with lesser drop chances... still when you consider how much faster the Boar is to farm, it kind of evens the odds...

- Oh yeah, and keep an eye on the vendors on legendary, especially in this act, because they have the highest damage bases in the game... An act 5 heavy hammer/mace with a damage prefix and the Alacrity suffix, upgraded with legendary Valor of Achiles with 35% attack speed completion bonus, will be one of the best, if not the best melee weapons for a Templar, Conqueror or any other heavy hitter build.

Well, i guess thats it from me. I hope to see more opinions and strategies shared in this topic. I can certainly learn something from the awesome people here. Thanks!

« Last Edit: 30 September 2021, 05:37:44 by Zardoz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2021, 10:25:27 »
let me offer a little bit different perspective. if you're just doing general farming for whatever character, then secret passage hydra, typhon... no i won't talk about that

what if you are playing self-found, no deaths allowed? in this case i encourage green items. that means merchant farming. you look for hallowed, divine/sacred amulet, occult for casters, wraithlord rings and the like for petmasters.

now what do you socket them?

demons blood - shadowmaw. in normal, as long as you have about 250 DA and some fire res, shadowmaw shouldn't be too big of a problem

rigid carapace - i like playing mages but i like em with shield. what i used in my rogue/earth no death run was a normal tinkerer shield socketed with higher difficulty relics/charms. valley of the kings or giza are good farming spots. you need a little luck for good completion bonus but if you can't get lucky, you just do it over and over again. rigid carapace farming should be pretty safe

last fountain before minotaur for SB cuffs and/or sthenos wisdom

act 2 telkine - act 2 telkine should be pretty safe to farm. you just load up on fire res

dragon liche in act 3 - act 3 has some good relics like monkey kings trickery, code of hammurabi, dragon kings, guan yus. what's good about them is their standard completion bonus is pretty good. pierce, elem res, elem res, bleed res.
this is for legendary. for normal and epic, the gargantuan yeti should do
i don't know about bandari. in my experience, he doesn't drop that much relics

i think blackbeards booties is worth it farming in primrose passage act 5. you can farm it in normal and use it all the way to the end

atlantis merchants in for tinkerer items.
bonus info: the 3rd and 4th portals in Atlantis have merchants that sell dex based torso armors. doesn't have to be tinkerers. transcendent, impenetrable, honor guards, curative (?) (was it curative for poison res?) are all useful affixes. dex based armors are useful for characters with low strength
p.s - it's long ago so I'm not very sure if it's the 3rd and 4th portals. it's easy to check tho
« Last Edit: 30 September 2021, 10:27:05 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2021, 01:01:20 »
i knew i was forgetting something.
exotic carapace - this is a good shield for a self-found run. a legendary exotic carapace socketed with legendary rigid carapace with 40% pierce res would give you a whopping 120% pierce res and 40% poison res. in just 1 item slot. farming spot would be the stalker in the woods in act 3

i can't remember if the 3 sisters mobs is a good farming spot for prowler's cuirass. it's also dex based torso armor
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02 October 2021, 00:29:59 »
I'm going to use this topic to seek some help for farming Ragnarök and Atlantis items. I don't fully trust the information on the TQ Item Database when it comes to drop chances, so...

- Which act 5 boss would you recommend for getting the really rare Ragnarök legendaries? I hate Surtr, his drop rates are awful, and he's slow and boring to fight? Is Fafnir a more viable source? Are there any items that only Surtr can drop?

- Is it just me, or there's something wrong with the gambling in this game? I just spent 350 million gold on the 5 million loot orbs in Gadir, and i'm only getting the same crap legendaries again and again. Not to mention, almost no epics. But the worst of all, i didn't get a single Ragnarök or Atlantis item in this whole gambling session. Everything that dropped, i can get with no effort (and for free), from Typhon farming, and it will probably be faster too... This is just not worth it. Are Ragnarok and Atlantis items impossible to gamble?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2021, 10:26:36 »

- Which act 5 boss would you recommend for getting the really rare Ragnarök legendaries? I hate Surtr, his drop rates are awful, and he's slow and boring to fight? Is Fafnir a more viable source? Are there any items that only Surtr can drop?

Fafnir , the golden boar in scandia , jottun king and shroom king, mostly how fast is the rebirth fountain into reach then.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline ShadowHunter

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #12 on: 10 March 2022, 05:31:39 »

Normal

Act 2
- The Skeleton Ruins past the Farmer's Village waypoint are a great source for XP if you need it. You get crazy enemy density there and 3 Dark Obelisks which grant lots of XP

There might be a better one a bit further. It's just before you reach Memphis, you take the nearest rebirth fountain at the edge of lower Nile just before Memphis Outskirts. The tomb to the North has a boss dark obelisk that has a fixed spawn in the tomb. You get on average 42257 XP on one run and it takes about 2-3 minutes to kill the enemy's on your way to the tomb and clearing it. You also get some early game epics.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline ShadowHunter

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #13 on: 11 March 2022, 20:51:15 »
boss dark obelisk

Dark Spirit Conduit...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nytesong

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2022, 13:30:41 »
This topic is great!  Thanks OP for making it and all of you veterans for taking the time to write up your posts.

I just started the game - with a ranger -  and am about to get the "Jade Figurine" for the wealthy collector quest in act 3.  I farmed the Minoan Labyrinth so much that my character level is 35 at the moment.  I will probably take Zardoz' advice on what to do once I reach Chang'an.  As far as items go - I have a better idea of what to look for from botebote77's suggestions for petmaster.

Great stuff here, really enjoying the game.  Cheers!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal