Author Topic: Using flame surge skill  (Read 9025 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Using flame surge skill
« on: 23 February 2019, 15:59:55 »
I've been trying to build an evoker around using two close range spells, flame surge and DR/TR with TOW. Ran into problems with flame surge damage in epic act 5. Looks like a clear warning, if it has issues in epic, it will run into a wall in legendary, and I don't seem to know how to fix it. Or perhaps I do, 2x seals of Hephestos, Eye of Ra, Hesione's Golden Veil, but I don't want to do that. It will ruin resists and other stats and playing melee with poor defenses is unpleasant. I'm not sure it will suffice to fix it either.

TitanCalc

Flame surge was buffed in anniversary but apparently is still a poor skill. Its damage is approx on par with ice shards. Ice shards can shotgun, while flame surge hits with one projectile per cast unless the target has a very large hitbox.

Skill has one more infuriating "feature": it can't hit certain mobs that hover above the ground, like valkyries and Hades in final form.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Using flame surge skill
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2019, 19:35:27 »
that's a poor caster build actually.. short range with not enough reduced resists.. late game ToW does not hold for me.. unless maybe it's a tanky enough melee build

maybe if you have corselet of freyja + torc of the ancestors + crest of hypnos, you can still fix resists even with 2x seal of Hephaestus.. you'll still have problems with archers though

i think evoker is best played as true hybrid.. but still i won't take ToW over ToC because reducing resists is doable through weapon attacks
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2019, 20:11:30 »
Pairing Flame surge with TOW was a good idea though. If you encounter problems in late epic, even RR rings won't help past mid legendary..
This skill tree deserves a last tiers. I hope upgraded skills will be introduced in the incoming patch.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2019, 20:31:09 »
Pairing Flame surge with TOW was a good idea though.
i don't think so  :P   all offense for a short range full elemental spell.. if you get str you nerf damage.. only ice shard can do that because it already damages mobs from far away so when they get close, their health is lessened already.. and it has squall which can be cast anywhere.. maybe the DR + TR with flame surge was a good idea.. but no skills in dream boosts fire
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2019, 15:55:12 »
short range with not enough reduced resists.. late game ToW does not hold for me.. unless maybe it's a tanky enough melee build
Thats a feauture. Close range spells are a thing in other arpgs, there are others close range spells in dream, and this one was meant to be played that way. But it has issues with numbers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal