Author Topic: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins  (Read 487891 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
Re: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins
« Reply #465 on: 10 January 2020, 03:48:51 »
That is much better indeed.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #466 on: 19 January 2020, 18:02:59 »
New Greek skin pack is on the making. Concept:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm doing the color variations right now.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #467 on: 20 January 2020, 14:15:06 »
Ok, for a long time I was posting separate packs, time for all-in-one:

Female Skin Megapack (Soulvizier Compatible)

This pack contains:
- Latest Greek skins
- Latest Egypt skins
- Latest Loincloth skins
- Latest Asian skins
- Latest Hades skins
- Celtic skins are remade to double sided, but are yet to be updated
- Compatible with the main game and with @soa 's Soulvizier update 1.2
- Latest skirtless female mesh
- Fixed some Act 5 female NPCs not showing correctly

How to install:
1. Unpack the archive.
2. Copy the 3 folders from inside in your main game Database folder.
3. The vanilla skins/meshes are now replaced. Start the game.

Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!JKgUgILJ!PhChVNx_EghPT8-S_UdsKJbUqSb2EAfYG2qSAaGBUlA

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #468 on: 20 January 2020, 15:01:04 »
I like the face (both shape and detail) of elf or half-elf mod than new one.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2020, 16:27:31 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #469 on: 22 January 2020, 19:26:51 »
Half-elf and elf mod uses vanilla meshes. Sorry icefreeze, im not gonna return to vanilla after all the efforts to make a better model. But... i thought about making a more proper elf pack, replacing Norse skins... will see.

Last few days i extracted/converted some new meshes from the vanilla game and other sources. For example, all weapons carried by Olympus gods statues can now be used by the player. Another thing on the making is a more lore friendly Maenad MI set. Early preview:

I'm only not sure of what greaves/armbands should i use. There are 3 options:
1. To make them leopard like the torso:
Spoiler for Hiden:
2. To make them snake-like (in many depictions of the maenads they are carriying snakes, wrapped arround their wrists):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Alternative is just use Spakona's Serpent Coils:
Spoiler for Hiden:
3. To make them wear bangles on arms and legs like some more wild tribes (in Africa for example):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Which of the 3 ideas you like most? Or you you have another one, please share your oppinion.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #470 on: 22 January 2020, 19:37:15 »
- The problem with face of new model is shadown lightnig in game, it make the face of character looks too thin, skinny, like v-shape.
- I think character outfit with leopard leather should only it alon, not combine with other cloth behind. So to make it looks more "suite", i think  you should make leopard outfit cover all the cloth behind, or make character wear "bikini", so those bikini not show out.
- I like the 2nd the most of 3. But if you make the sandal wire cover higher the leg, it can be looks even better.
- If you like the snake detail, just make the waist with snake shape, it will looks more uniqe than wristlet, wristlet can be other shape.

You can refer those picture:
Spoiler for Hiden:

« Last Edit: 22 January 2020, 19:48:39 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: 22 January 2020, 19:45:01 »
- The problem with face of new model is shadown lightnig in game, it make the face of character looks too thin, skinny, like v-shape.
- I think character outfit with leopard leather should only it alon, not combine with other cloth behind. So to make it looks more "suite", i think  you should make leopard outfit cover all the cloth behind, or make character wear "bikini", so those bikini not show out.
Hmm, what resolution are you playing on? I'm on wide screen (laptop) and the face looks not too skinny.

About the character outfit - can you give an picture example of your idea?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: 22 January 2020, 19:50:00 »
- I play at 1280x720 res (720p).
- I just edit previous post with sample picture.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: 22 January 2020, 19:56:21 »
Ok, i like the first picture (bikini one). I'll reshape the top part to look more like it.
You mean I should make the snake something like a belt?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: 22 January 2020, 19:59:53 »
Yeah, belt, make it looks like a snake will make it looks more nature and more fashion than make it looks like belt with snake shape.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #475 on: 22 January 2020, 20:32:20 »
Half-elf and elf mod uses vanilla meshes. Sorry icefreeze, im not gonna return to vanilla after all the efforts to make a better model. But... i thought about making a more proper elf pack, replacing Norse skins... will see.

Last few days i extracted/converted some new meshes from the vanilla game and other sources. For example, all weapons carried by Olympus gods statues can now be used by the player. Another thing on the making is a more lore friendly Maenad MI set. Early preview:

I'm only not sure of what greaves/armbands should i use. There are 3 options:
1. To make them leopard like the torso:

2. To make them snake-like (in many depictions of the maenads they are carriying snakes, wrapped arround their wrists):

Alternative is just use Spakona's Serpent Coils:

3. To make them wear bangles on arms and legs like some more wild tribes (in Africa for example):

Which of the 3 ideas you like most? Or you you have another one, please share your oppinion.

This looks far better than first maenads.
I thought about serpents but didn't tell you because I believe it would not be possible to implement. But now, I'd say 2 is a good option, first picture (I don't what mesh it's based). Alternatively you could use
https://www.tq-db.net/en/equipment/grimhild's-serpents
I don't know any Sakona item.
Snake belt, it can be an idea but in all pictures I've seen, the snakes where around the forearm and hand.
Last option could be to have different variants, some snake, some leopard, for the sake of variety. The MI set could consist of some parts inspired by leopard and some others by snakes.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #476 on: 22 January 2020, 23:07:23 »
"Leopard bikini" version:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I stretched the top's vertices, so the pelt is less revealing, more asymmetric and with rougher edges (to make it look more like skin scraps and less like cloth). Its around the best i can do, without changing the model entirely.

This looks far better than first maenads.
You mean the nymph ones? Do you think i should just make them like human women with long hairs and not nymphs? In most classical depictions they dont have any difference than human women (as most lore nymphs btw). Btw, here is another human-like version i made long ago, maybe it can be used?
Spoiler for Hiden:

I thought about serpents but didn't tell you because I believe it would not be possible to implement. But now, I'd say 2 is a good option, first picture (I don't what mesh it's based). Alternatively you could use
https://www.tq-db.net/en/equipment/grimhild's-serpents
I don't know any Sakona item.
Snake belt, it can be an idea but in all pictures I've seen, the snakes where around the forearm and hand.
Last option could be to have different variants, some snake, some leopard, for the sake of variety. The MI set could consist of some parts inspired by leopard and some others by snakes.
Hmm, how about two different sets - one for melee/archer and one for casters? This will add enought variety and allow leopard and snake versions.
About snakes - if i'm to stay close to the lore, i should add them on the arm and maybe leg.
About Grimhild's Serpents - they are called Spakona Serpent Coils in the resource files (same item).
In greek vases, the snake is sometimes also wrapped around the head like a headband. Some pictures:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: 23 January 2020, 11:41:46 »
V2 with the edited pelt and better wreath:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Now remains to make footwear from Grimhild Serpents and i can start making the male variant.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2020, 11:49:34 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #478 on: 23 January 2020, 19:53:14 »
You mean the nymph ones? Do you think i should just make them like human women with long hairs and not nymphs? In most classical depictions they dont have any difference than human women (as most lore nymphs btw). Btw, here is another human-like version i made long ago, maybe it can be used?
Yes, I was talking about the nymphs but honestly, I don't really see a big difference between humans and nymphs. It's mostly the animation and skin tone (different hair doesn't make you human or nymph)
Human version in your pic has a nice belt+leopard tunic. This could be the "common" version of the MI leopard armor, only for variety.
I would keep this model with a dress for a hero, again for variety. Again nymph and human is not very different if you don't change the skin tone.

Hmm, how about two different sets - one for melee/archer and one for casters? This will add enought variety and allow leopard and snake versions.
About snakes - if i'm to stay close to the lore, i should add them on the arm and maybe leg.
About Grimhild's Serpents - they are called Spakona Serpent Coils in the resource files (same item).
In greek vases, the snake is sometimes also wrapped around the head like a headband. Some pictures:

OK for two sets. Snakes twisted around arms and legs are good, if you can mod it.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: 24 January 2020, 16:17:31 »
OK for two sets. Snakes twisted around arms and legs are good, if you can mod it.
Done:

I think to make a tiger pelt texture like in the long dress picture (for the rare MI version).
Edit - Tigris variant:

For those who are curious, a little info about the connection of Dionysus and his followers with great cats:
When Dionysus had grown up, Hera threw him also into a state of madness, in which he wandered about through many countries of the earth. A tradition in Hyginus makes him go first to the oracle of Dodona, but on his way thither he came to a lake, which prevented his proceeding any further. One of two asses he met there carried him across the water, and the grateful god placed both animals among the stars, and asses henceforth remained sacred to Dionysus. According to the common tradition, Dionysus first wandered through Egypt, where he was hospitably received by king Proteus. He thence proceeded through Syria, where he flayed Damascus alive, for opposing the introduction of the vine, which Dionysus was believed to have discovered (εύρετὴς ἀμπέλου). He now traversed all Asia. When he arrived at the Euphrates, he built a bridge to cross the river, but a tiger sent to him by Zeus carried him across the river Tigris. The most famous part of his wanderings in Asia is his expedition to India, which is said to have lasted three, or, according to some, even 52 years.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2020, 18:24:38 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal