Author Topic: need help with my harbinger  (Read 9624 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 5322516

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
need help with my harbinger
« on: 19 December 2018, 16:41:43 »
hello, so the problem is in my sustain, every boss is one shoting me. I have 59 lvl harbinger (warfare + dream) with 1200 dmg per second, 4k hp 600 str and 370. I was doing some runs for telkine in act 2 cuz im down with 2 shots in act 3, cerberus killed me more than 20 times before he died, and i have never seen hades third form at epic difficulty xd idk what am i doing wrong, i cant loot better items than i have, spent like last two days with xmax mod and nothing changed actually... my resistances are pretty nice i guess, cuz every single one but life forces (or whatever) are over 0 even to 70. If there is a way that i can introduce you to my champion with more details let me know, I really need that help, I'm desperate xd

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Empath

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: need help with my harbinger
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2018, 18:15:05 »
Cerberus uses poison based attacks and you could also be suffering from a Defensive ability issue through lack of dex. Are you taking constant criticals?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2018, 18:46:02 »
Can you upload some picture that show your character stats, items, resistances, skills?
Cerberus is deal many Poison dmg, and the room its its place its full of Poison dmg when green flame raise. Lure its to the door can make you more tough when facing it.
If you being shot by " arrow " too hard then you should improve Piercing Resistance.
1st and 2nd form of Hades deal much physical dmg, Vitality and Bleeding dmg. You should improve those resistances.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 5322516

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2018, 19:06:14 »
Gonna do the screenshots when I get home, how am I supposed to improve my stats when I'm dying from everything, what runs do you suggest? Cuz I was raping telkine act 2 so hard and actually didn't get anything special

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2018, 23:14:32 »
Typhoon is better to farm than  2nd telkine. even 3rd telkine is good .

But as far i see, your issue are your resistances. Sometimes the green itens with the correct enchants are even better than blues itens

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 5322516

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2018, 03:47:10 »
ohhh, im so silly, i focused so hard on that i can make artifacts with relixs and stuff that i missed the fact that I can enchant my eq with those -.- gonna make some changes then, thx :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 5322516

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Last Edit: 20 December 2018, 14:30:04 by 5322516 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2018, 20:46:09 »
take all your skills away from ToW and put them on ToC.. it won't help much because the RR is %age not absolute.. and you deal physical and physical resist is usually at zero

put at least 1pt on the summons: nightmare and ancestral warriors.. just shave a few points on the upgrade of distort

also put 1pt on the damage absorption from dream, the proc only skill

farm for some demons blood

sands of sleep can help if you're having trouble against mobs, especially archers.. if not then you can ignore
« Last Edit: 20 December 2018, 20:51:19 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2018, 21:47:17 »
If I can make a few recommendations :

Gear-wise: Weapons are ok, armor seems alright except the greaves, wich you should change at once. Doesn't look like giving any wild bonuses that you couldn't get from other greaves. Torso armor has low armor but it has its uses with the nice resistances. Another artifact might be in order too, depending on what you can afford.

Skill-wise: Move from Trance of Wrath to Trance of Convalescence, as you've been suggested earlier : your health pool is a bit low and this might help your survivability. Put at least one point in Distortion Field. Ancestral Warriors could be fine meat-shields. I would cut the points from the Battle Rage tree.

Others: Up your Vitality Resistance, as it's one of the most important in Act 4.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #9 on: 20 December 2018, 22:59:30 »
Your stun resistance is prohibitive, its the first one you should have tried to improve at all. With vitality very low too surely demon's blood can save you. You need a green ring for that. So best find some hale ring and put demon's blood on it. It will improve your hp too. You should try to get 5K hp for legendary. Better even more, 6K+. Also 1200 DA. Thats some numbers to strive for.

If you get some green or yellow greaves with resistances you can use legendary Hermes sandal relic on them with DA completion, it rolls 100 DA. There are lots of other useful things it can roll though. There are also several greaves and chests with high DA in game of epic and legendary quality, so be on the lookout for such items. It does not have to be the most awesome purple item, like this https://tq-db.net/set/diomedes-armor

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2018, 22:48:09 »
All good advices already given: stun and vitality resistances capped for Hades. Find Hp boosters in legendary. 1000 DA is a minimum. 1200 is nice.

regarding Cerberus: take any green of the glade, socket it with hydradon hide, and go loaded with  80% poison res. Hence you should survive to Cerberus.

In legendary, make merchant runs to find weapons with better base damage (although the perks on your current weapons are good).

Edit: don't overlook the fact that Hades deals 50% vitality, 50 % physical. Physical resistance is hard to find but you can find some in veteran 's green gear and in the 2 rings set of Gladiator's creed.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2018, 23:01:58 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hunkar

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #11 on: 26 December 2018, 08:08:58 »
hello, so the problem is in my sustain, every boss is one shoting me. I have 59 lvl harbinger (warfare + dream) with 1200 dmg per second, 4k hp 600 str and 370. I was doing some runs for telkine in act 2 cuz im down with 2 shots in act 3, cerberus killed me more than 20 times before he died, and i have never seen hades third form at epic difficulty xd idk what am i doing wrong, i cant loot better items than i have, spent like last two days with xmax mod and nothing changed actually... my resistances are pretty nice i guess, cuz every single one but life forces (or whatever) are over 0 even to 70. If there is a way that i can introduce you to my champion with more details let me know, I really need that help, I'm desperate xd

Harbinger (Warfare+Dream) is absolutely best class in the game. Totaly faceroll. If only you build it in the right way. The key is Trance of Convalescence and Epic Viny Growth + Embodiment of Anubis' Wrath. Everything what can support health regeneration and give you Life Steal. You can just stand, sip a coffee and look with a malicious smile as the boss or any other enemy tries to kill you. However, the speed of health regeneration will always be greater than the damage dealt by the mobs.
A few years ago I make a build I called a Wolverine and that was Harbinger with a massive health regen. Trust me. That is the key.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #12 on: 27 December 2018, 14:57:35 »

Harbinger (Warfare+Dream) is absolutely best class in the game. Totaly faceroll. If only you build it in the right way. The key is Trance of Convalescence and Epic Viny Growth + Embodiment of Anubis' Wrath. Everything what can support health regeneration and give you Life Steal. You can just stand, sip a coffee and look with a malicious smile as the boss or any other enemy tries to kill you. However, the speed of health regeneration will always be greater than the damage dealt by the mobs.
A few years ago I make a build I called a Wolverine and that was Harbinger with a massive health regen. Trust me. That is the key.

I don't want to deny what you said but I do have some questions : how high was your regeneration and how high was your DPS?

I had made a couple tests and tried to get the most regeneration possible. The character could indeed take hits for eternity but its damage was subpar, its resistances low and the health pool rather limited.

Now, you might have gone less crazy on the regeneration than I did, wich should technically means you have higher DPS, resistances and health. Despite that, the Harbinger remains a very fragile character and whether you have crazy high regeneration or not, your resistances and health are more important since they can block bursts of damage, wich the regeneration can't prevent. For that reason, a regeneration-focused build is a gimmicky pick, fun to play for sure, but certainly not contender for the best class in the whole game.

But maybe I'm entirely wrong, uh. I'd be curious to see how your setup was like.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 27 December 2018, 17:49:54 »
there is no best class in the game  O:-)

it all depends on the items
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hunkar

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #14 on: 28 December 2018, 07:57:05 »

I don't want to deny what you said but I do have some questions : how high was your regeneration and how high was your DPS?

I had made a couple tests and tried to get the most regeneration possible. The character could indeed take hits for eternity but its damage was subpar, its resistances low and the health pool rather limited.

Now, you might have gone less crazy on the regeneration than I did, wich should technically means you have higher DPS, resistances and health. Despite that, the Harbinger remains a very fragile character and whether you have crazy high regeneration or not, your resistances and health are more important since they can block bursts of damage, wich the regeneration can't prevent. For that reason, a regeneration-focused build is a gimmicky pick, fun to play for sure, but certainly not contender for the best class in the whole game.

But maybe I'm entirely wrong, uh. I'd be curious to see how your setup was like.

You must forgive me, but I do not remember. It was few years ago. War was my first championship I chose. I chose the dream only later and played the Harbinger class until the end of the game. I went through it on all degrees of difficulty, and to check the efficiency of my build I used trainers to increase the number of enemies several times. From what I remember, none of the boos, even the special ones, could kill me. Only three Hydras or two Mantikors could threaten me if they attacked simultaneously. My build was the only one who could stop the boss without attacking him and without doing anything.
I just bought TQAE + Ragnarok and I just started playing with my friends. Maybe I will remember everything in time. In my free time I will also look in the net and maybe if I find items, my memory will come back to me.
Now I remember only that the basis of my build was Trance of Convalescence and amulets increasing health regeneration. That was the key. Life Steal in weapons was only little support.
I remember that I had two variants of this build, if I got guns for weapons. In one of them I used Folg to increase the damage. I used swords in another, but I'm not sure. Probably this for LS but can't confirm that right now. Both variants worked very well.
If the mechanics of the game have not changed in the TQAE + Ragnarok version then I should be able to do my buil again. Unfortunately, I do not have so much time to play now. And that was a few years ago. Then I bought myself a boxed version of the game with Immortal Throne.

If any enemy, even the boss could kill me, it is the best class in the game.
Dream Mastery is not without reason called OP in the TQ player environment, so there is a reason why War Mastery is considered the best, giving the greatest potential for attack.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal