Author Topic: Tips for theorycrafting builds?  (Read 2589 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Fisch

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tips for theorycrafting builds?
« on: 30 November 2017, 20:29:56 »
So as the title states I am looking for some tips that I can use to work out my own builds and ideas. I see very detailed guides and tons of information in them with leveling progression and this skill vs that skill which is wonderful and helpful and something I would be interested in doing for myself and heck if I make a good build maybe post it one day. The issues I run into right off the bat are that I don't understand the in depth game mechanics the way it appears many of these people making guides do. I see them calculating damage and % impact and that a certain skill may be terrible for whatever reason. I personally don't even know how to go about learning that information let alone understanding all the complex mechanics that it involves. I also see some builds that focus maybe 3/4 or more of their mastery points into a single mastery and than grabbing just a skill tree or two out of the second mastery which all seems very pre planned and also not something I really like. I wanna use both masteries effectively without favoring one to hard. I understand all the skills list what they do and how they impact the game but reading most skills I just have the reaction of "yea that sounds awesome" but what if I get to epic or legendary and just fall flat on my face? I have tried making toons before without referencing a guide and get through normal and some of epic and just get stomped beyond that. So I reference a guide to maybe tweak my build and come to find out that I am so far from optimal it hurts.

So I guess what I am getting at is do I just need to play every class and read every skill until I fundamentally understand them and what they do and how this % affects that % damage? Or does someone have tips for a noob wannabe build maker like myself? Am I just bad at the game and don't want to admit it to myself?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Tips for theorycrafting builds?
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2017, 09:27:09 »
just enjoy the game do not worry too much about messing up a toon.. i write guides myself but i only feel confident about writing guides because i have spent hundreds of hours (if not thousands) in this game.. learn what stats do and what stats you need to wear certain items.. learn what items boost what skills.. try every skill available to you just so you could have a feel of how that skill works.. have an open mind and do not just say "this skill is bad" or "this skill is better than that skill".. understand that all skills have their pros and cons and they each have their uses.. try every skill you have first then pick a skill you like and think how it synergizes with other skills, then use it hundreds of times and see how you can make it better.. nothing beats trying it yourself.. a good example is squall, we can only say it's a good skill but it's up to the player to feel how it benefits him/her best and where to place it.. after that, try the bad ones and see how you can make them good
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal