Author Topic: Regen Build  (Read 11018 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Regen Build
« on: 01 November 2018, 04:40:25 »
Has anyone really tried a dedicated regen build?  I was goofing around with blacksmith and made an almost 1000 HP/sec build which would require a ridiculous amount of farming.  But then I looked at Ankh of Isis and Viny Growth.  So, I just created a new level 40 character and threw a bunch of yellows on him.  Give him Dream and Hunting with their HP regen skills and filled him full of epic Viny Growths and Isis's.  With no items dedicated to HP regen (I had items that gave +skills which in turns boost HP regen) and putting 4 Viny Growths on my armor and 3 Isis's on my bling, I was sporting around 450 HP/sec.  I just walked around and I barely felt a thing.  Could this work with enough HP to get through spikey damage?  Would it work better with Nature with Heart of Oak +HP and Briar Ward Sanctuary for regen?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regen Build
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2018, 06:40:54 »
450 HP regen/sec sounds nice.. but you also have to make sure you don't become too squishy.. squishy characters can die in legendary in just a split second
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2018, 08:18:09 »
I did try this a few years ago as I was curious how high you could push HR in the game.  I had/have 3 characters: a Diviner, an Haruspex and a Harbinger.  Iirc because I haven't played them for a while now, the Diviner was using just green items like "of the Glade" which have HR as part of their stats, the Haruspex a mix of greens and uniques and the Harbinger was uniques only.  I also had the TQDefiler mod to allow socketing of uniques.  All the characters are into Legendary though they have died along the way several times.  In TQIT it was the Harbinger with socketed uniques who came out on top with 900+ HR while the other two have 800+ each.  Again, not checked them recently in TQAE, but I think the numbers have changed and it's either the Diviner or Haruspex who now has the highest.  Of course their resistances suck pretty much since everything is socketed with either Ankh of Isis or Vinyl Growth.  I don't currently have the characters installed on my PC so can't check exact figures but I believe the highest is now just over 1,000 HR.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2018, 10:27:25 »
With incredible optimization, I believe you can go above 3k hp. regen. per second.

But even if you get this high, you will remain potentially vulnerable to huge bursts of damage and have undesirably low resistances.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2018, 15:22:19 »
With incredible optimization, I believe you can go above 3k hp. regen. per second.

But even if you get this high, you will remain potentially vulnerable to huge bursts of damage and have undesirably low resistances.

Clearly burst damage is the real threat here.  Damage over time likely has no impact so stuff like poison should be negligible.  If you are going to dedicate to HP regen and focus to overcome the obstacle of burst damage, obviously you need to mitigate as much as possible AND have enough HP to persevere, which is really the goal.  If you have 10K HP and are hit for 11K, 2K regen won't help.  But if you have 12K HP, then you shrug it off as you are back to full health in a couple seconds.  How much HP is enough though?  Originally I thought Defense might be the best second class, but it may be Nature for the HP boost.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2018, 17:33:25 »
If you want a truly tanky toon, you should not aim for this Hp-regen gimmick and go for a classic Guardian. Have maxed recharge for permanent Colossus Form, Quick Recovery, Rally and Briar Ward for near 100% damage absorption, reflection and block chance.

You could get well above 15k HP this way, and be completely safe from one-shot attacks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01 November 2018, 17:53:52 »
If you want a truly tanky toon, you should not aim for this Hp-regen gimmick and go for a classic Guardian. Have maxed recharge for permanent Colossus Form, Quick Recovery, Rally and Briar Ward for near 100% damage absorption, reflection and block chance.

You could get well above 15k HP this way, and be completely safe from one-shot attacks.

I get that's a tanky character, but that wasn't my point.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2018, 18:29:44 »
Ah, right.

It would depend of your resistances and regeneration rate. I think 10k HP would be alright with 2k HP regen. I haven't tested it myself but if your resistances (except Bleeding and Poison) are above zero and you receive a strong attack you should be able to survive it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #8 on: 02 November 2018, 20:57:12 »
You can also consider a regen build enhanced by a specific item like Persephone's caress https://www.tq-db.net/category/axe

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #9 on: 02 November 2018, 21:00:18 »
Yeah, iirc my Harbinger is using two of those.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2018, 21:28:57 »
So, I decided to try out a Regen/Reflect build.  I felt given the items in Ragnarok, there is pretty good synergy between these two archetypes.  Now, I don't know how legendary viable this is, I am just in Epic, but here is what I am working on.

It's a templar build, and I know it isn't the first reflect Templar, but it's my first, so that's all that counts.

Templar

Regarding the skill points, clearly a lot of these abilities are fill out in the end of the game.  I started a level 40 (to make things easy) and I gifted him a set of Icescale Armor, epic Vinys and Isis's and a beautiful Epic Stonebinder's Cuffs of Restoration.

So, he has 3 Icescale pieces and the Stonebinders, each with Epic Viny's with a completion bonus of more regen.  2 Hale and 1 Hardy Rings and Amulet, a Shield that I found with this character that has a 15% reflect capability and random weapon (I'll wait for the big time regen weapons later).  While I gifted him a bunch, most of this is easily farmable with maybe the Isis being the hardest as you just gotta go all Egypt.  Icescale and Viny's, the most important part, took little to no time.

Anyway, he is sitting with about 5400 HP and a base 240 HP regen.  He had half his life taken once for a half a second and rarely sees his HP go below 5300 on Xmax.  Again, just early Epic, but it's not like he has any epic or legendary gear.  It's all green except for his weapon that I don't even remember what it is.

So, Trance of Empathy is always on providing 77% reflect.  3 Icescale armors providing 15% chance of 200%.  Shield with 10% and Emobodiment of Archimede's Mirror which is giving a nice 21% chance of 100%.  Rally is providing like 80% when it is active and I can keep it up 75% of the time with no CDR items.  I still have to attack to make things die faster, so I have psionic touch and distort reality with temporal rift for that.  Distort Reality is key as it scales with strength and can stun everything next to me for a few seconds which is all I need to heal right back up.  Colossus form is for bosses so that they can kill themselves as I absorb damage.

The dark horse ability has been adrenaline.  Now, it seems to disappear really quickly maxed out on very fast, but when it triggers which it always does, coupled with the 150% regen from rally, my 240 hp regen goes up to like 900. 

So, anyway, I really haven't faced anything yet and I'll see how itemization goes later, but I literally just can walk around and watch things melt as my HP barely even nudge.  I don't know if that is really awesome or kinda boring.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal