Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 133989 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #195 on: 15 December 2018, 18:25:56 »
Maybe, but not the obvious maybe.

Back in the day a long time ago, I downloaded a template mod where someone (can't remember who) updated all the template parameter information flavor text for all the templates. In the art manager, you could select View --> Descriptions and the flavor text the modder implemented would show in a column next to the parameter names.

In a couple, he placed the flavor text in the default value by mistake.

Both these items had flavor text descriptions in the template level requirement value slots.

Maybe some change in AE engine vomits when it sees "Level requirement for item" instead of a number? I removed the offending text from the items, that's all I can see that's different in these two items right now.

Took time today to add mystery shrines to act 5. I had just put in some from other acts, but I created all the shrines needed for all of act 5.

While I was at it, the loot shrines now have a guaranteed unique drop for that act and difficulty.

As for the mastery +%damage per level, there isn't any fractions so it goes from 11 to 11 to 12 to 12 to 13 to 13. Imagine +60% damage for level 100, I don't think so.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #196 on: 15 December 2018, 18:58:04 »
could be it ,i remenber Melonie MI sword had same problem before ( couldnt sold it), and i think it hadnt status requirements

im almost half way to lv 65, i will see how it goes the mastery up bonus go to lv 46,who knows
« Last Edit: 15 December 2018, 19:01:54 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: 15 December 2018, 19:59:11 »
Yep, the Melinoe sword had that text in the level requirement slot, too.

So I did a search and replace for that text and replaced it with "0". If that was the problem, it isn't any more. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: 16 December 2018, 00:18:01 »
i lvl up, up the mastery to lv 46, and everthing is working as intended, it shows the physical dmg bonus and every other bonus, im assuming lv 44 is working as well even if isnt writing on the info. so its good news

few monsters are lost on the other side of the wall, pets are crazy :P

lost souls and tagged as undead and ghost, it is right ?

it just me our stygian fungoid~brutes are easier to take down than the regular ones ?

i forget to say, the gaia sprites found in the cave around forest of ancients, where marid boss lives, are tagged as magical , not sure if this is right.

fun thing, while i was clearing the pools of Mmemosyne, i was saying to myself " this area could be a nice place for a boss"..and then, i saw the red name monster, ahah, nice suprise :D
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: 16 December 2018, 02:53:03 »
I moved the proxies there to prevent that from happening

lost souls are undead and ghosts yes...they are like some kind of zombie ghost

I buffed the fungoid brutes a bit, but they are technically much stronger and better armored and have more life than regular fungoids. You are just a brute killer :D

changed the sprites to demon

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: 17 December 2018, 13:26:32 »
another few reports post

it have no  description ( only so far in the act) and is asking for act 4 normal relics

Bonescourge - Soul-feeder, in Necromanteon, droped a party box and gave act 4 relics from normal difficulty. Also i find it curious and funny, it was from him i get party box while i was in normal, must be lucky lol.

Erinyes~curses ,mostly dont come down, they prefer to attack from the skies, only the pets can attack then.

While i was  into Delian Caves  and cave of artemis, i notice something was missing..then i saw there are no hephaestus spiders, just magna arachnos. it is intended ?
« Last Edit: 17 December 2018, 13:28:25 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: 17 December 2018, 15:24:58 »
Fixed all this but the party box.

Can't figure out why normal relics spawned. So I removed the party box.

I removed the hidden aspect of all Eryines, they just spawn visible now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline fingolfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #202 on: 18 December 2018, 10:41:19 »
Hi,

Been playing through act 1 with the previous update  encountered no major problems/crashes so far.

There was a scary encounter however, with  Thanatos  (Deity of Death) when I opened one of the chest in the spider cave near Parnassas.  I died  3 times in a row trying to take him down  eventually succeeded with trusted pets  (horn of Apollo/call of the woods)  The reward  was a huge party box  full of goodies.   Is Thanatos a random spawn throughout the acts?

Also looking at Rogue mastery the  knife throwing mastery  is no longer a passive skill.  It is also no longer selectable for the LMB only for the right.   Does Knife throwing mastery skill  combine with the shadow blade skill which is assigned to the LMB?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: 18 December 2018, 11:53:55 »

There was a scary encounter however, with  Thanatos  (Deity of Death) when I opened one of the chest in the spider cave near Parnassas.  I died  3 times in a row trying to take him down  eventually succeeded with trusted pets  (horn of Apollo/call of the woods)  The reward  was a huge party box  full of goodies.   Is Thanatos a random spawn throughout the acts?

He can appear inside of any tomb on any act.

I did found him in act 2 in epic

:)

edited : i did play a litle bit before playing new patch, i fought only with 2x shades from crystal of erebus. The shade of set ( i think i spell it right) is super strong ( couldnt damage him) and minotaur lord ( could defeat it)
« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 12:00:47 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: 18 December 2018, 14:45:52 »
Rogue has no passive to support ranged one handed weapons anymore.

Any passive I make for ranged one handed is already duplicated somewhere else. Especially hunting.

The Shadowblade skill works with piercing weapons: Sword, axe, spear, bow and ranged one handed.

He can appear inside of any tomb on any act.

I did found him in act 2 in epic

:)
I have only made two of him, one that can spawn in Act 1 and 1 that can spawn in act2. I've never spawned any of them unless I created a test spawn.
edited : i did play a litle bit before playing new patch, i fought only with 2x shades from crystal of erebus. The shade of set ( i think i spell it right) is super strong ( couldnt damage him) and minotaur lord ( could defeat it)
I nerfed the shade of the avatar of set in the crystal quest spawn. I think I added an extra zero to his health on accident :)

I tweaked the minotaur as well.

I was thinking, maybe I should increase the range on the ranged one handed projectiles? They are all set to only 11m whereas arrows are 19m.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: 18 December 2018, 20:35:37 »
the range on the ranged one handed projectiles? from who ? im kinda lost

some things:

From Boar Snatcher cave, they are tagged as demons.
Nice feature you added ! How about when you destroyed the web, the monsters will attack you , boosted with frenzy. Crazied from being imprisoned.

it have wrong name, i suppose

did you change the colour of green itens our MIs? right now common greens itens have a colour of MIs, didnt found a MI yet to check the colour

Also, oracle leggings are missing pet bonus description.

« Last Edit: 18 December 2018, 20:39:04 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: 18 December 2018, 21:08:10 »
Yes. All ranged one handed weapons.

All the projectiles for all ranged handed weapons are separate files from the weapon you equip.

All ranged one handed weapon projectiles have a range of 11 meters hard coded in the projectile "range" slot.

I could change that value for all ranged one handed projectiles to anything I want.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: 18 December 2018, 22:32:21 »
Yes. All ranged one handed weapons.

All the projectiles for all ranged handed weapons are separate files from the weapon you equip.

All ranged one handed weapon projectiles have a range of 11 meters hard coded in the projectile "range" slot.

I could change that value for all ranged one handed projectiles to anything I want.

Ahhh! i see

11m seens quite close,  you can have a choice to equipe 2x throwing weapons, the attack speed and dmg can make dueling safe , if they have long range distance. mhm

Giving extra 2m our 3 m could help the player agaisnt meelle brutes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: 19 December 2018, 07:12:16 »
Continuing with the Harbinger through epic, in Outer Mongolia now. Some bugs:

- exotic armguards MI has 2x invalid skill profile
- distortion wave and it's modifiers ultimate lvl is +4 of max lvl (idk if not intentional)
- the 3 neanderthal heroes in sacred weapons quest can drop green or better weapons.
- Summoner's totem artifact have +3 to invlid skill profile
- ninjas in outer mongolia have missing name tag
- some ninja proxies in mongolian plateau are not attacking and cannot be killed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: 19 December 2018, 14:19:41 »
Me: Spend hours importing monster dbrs, MI dbrs and loottables. Hook up all the MIs, update the skills and petbonuses, create proxy pools, create proxies, open the map editor and add bandit proxies, build the mod and dust my hands off...place my hands on my hips and declare ALL DONE!
nargil66: You missed a controller
Me: D'OH!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal