Author Topic: How to make epic/legendary items enchantable?  (Read 11930 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Carl_Johnson

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
How to make epic/legendary items enchantable?
« on: 06 February 2020, 03:55:38 »
How to make epic or legendary items enchantable just like in Soulvizier Mod?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: How to make epic/legendary items enchantable?
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2020, 17:18:46 »
Most easier way is mark them as "rare" item (green item). To keep item name colors, you may rename them by prepending color appropriate tag.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2020, 20:43:26 »
how would one do that?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2020, 06:26:58 »
how would one do that?

There is two ways nowadays:

1. Download Titan Quest Lost Legacy mod, it solve this task by patching game.dll file. I'm doesn't play too much in this mod, but you generally even doesn't need their mod to play, just only need get patched executable files, and then run them over standard game or whatever mod you like.

2. Absolutely legal way in sense what you not need patch executables: like i'm described above. But without right (development) skills it will be really a painful job. (Unpack database.arz, replace in about 1500 files for TQAE, or more than 5000 files for SV-AERA, then pack this changes back into form of mod or in original database.arz...)

As for (2) i'm already done some good progress in reading and some naive writing of ARZ files, so applying patch like i'm described above (marking epic & legendary items as rare) is tooks few seconds... Actually i'm use this change as some sample. But there is still a lot of work before i'm be able to show tool. And generally it aims only to mod developers with some development skills (or who what to learn a bit).

It will look similar to next code (API is not final and varied):
Code: [Select]
            foreach (var record in database.GetAll())
            {
                if (record.TryGet("itemClassification", out var field))
                {
                    var value = field.Get<string>();

if (value == "Epic" || value == "Legendary")
                    {
                        record["itemClassification"] = "Rare";
                        record["--gx-itemClassification"] = value; // keep original value for later use
                    }
                }
            }

:P

PS: I'm keep aside fact, what applying this kind patch on regular game and then bit of tqvaultae magic - it is another grand easy mode, and generally considered as cheating.

PPS: However i'm might reconsider and start publish less polished version, actually only small part of tool is near to finish (e.g. ARZ file support only). Road map bit bigger. :( However, for me there is case when writing tooling for modding more interesting than attempt to make mod. ;)

PPPS: I'm had similar functionality applied over .dbr files before. It was sucky, it was slow and it was lost on died HDD anyway, so today i have already better thing.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2020, 06:33:05 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2020, 12:27:08 »
how would one do that?

There is two ways nowadays:

1. Download Titan Quest Lost Legacy mod, it solve this task by patching game.dll file. I'm doesn't play too much in this mod, but you generally even doesn't need their mod to play, just only need get patched executable files, and then run them over standard game or whatever mod you like.

2. Absolutely legal way in sense what you not need patch executables: like i'm described above. But without right (development) skills it will be really a painful job. (Unpack database.arz, replace in about 1500 files for TQAE, or more than 5000 files for SV-AERA, then pack this changes back into form of mod or in original database.arz...)

As for (2) i'm already done some good progress in reading and some naive writing of ARZ files, so applying patch like i'm described above (marking epic & legendary items as rare) is tooks few seconds... Actually i'm use this change as some sample. But there is still a lot of work before i'm be able to show tool. And generally it aims only to mod developers with some development skills (or who what to learn a bit).

It will look similar to next code (API is not final and varied):
Code: [Select]
            foreach (var record in database.GetAll())
            {
                if (record.TryGet("itemClassification", out var field))
                {
                    var value = field.Get<string>();

if (value == "Epic" || value == "Legendary")
                    {
                    }
                }
            }

:P

PS: I'm keep aside fact, what applying this kind patch on regular game and then bit of tqvaultae magic - it is another grand easy mode, and generally considered as cheating.

PPS: However i'm might reconsider and start publish less polished version, actually only small part of tool is near to finish (e.g. ARZ file support only). Road map bit bigger. :( However, for me there is case when writing tooling for modding more interesting than attempt to make mod. ;)

PPPS: I'm had similar functionality applied over .dbr files before. It was sucky, it was slow and it was lost on died HDD anyway, so today i have already better thing.

I am mostly asking cause i wann alearn how to edit a mods properties.

like I have downloaded an expx4 mod.

I went into the folder, edited the gameengine.dbr file in both the game folder and the xpack/game folder (putting a constant at the end of the experienceequation) and saved them both.

sadly that didnt do shit in the game and I seriously dont understand why.

there doesnt seem to be any other pklace where I could change exp stuff in that mod folder.

someone said something about a rewards and penalties section but I just dont find it anywhere in that gameengine.dbr.

sadly cant really use art manager in any way given that I messed up the 3 folders it is using, changed them to elsewhere and dont know anymore what the default settings were, so cant get any mods anymore.
but didnt even find dbr files anyways.

so yeah, changing the gameengine files in the mod's folder didnt do anything.

maybe i would need a new databse.arz file as well?

but sadly I cant use art manager anymore (which claimwise can create .arz files) so I cant repack the now edited stuff anymore :-(

I am at a loss what to do.

Why is editing an existing mod so difficult? :-(

Edit:

Wouldnt it make sense to switch these 2 lines around?
like saving the old value elsewhere before you actually change it?

otherwise the gx-itemClassification will only save them all as "Rare" cause the old values had been already overwritten beforehand.

would jsut be my guess as a programming noob :-)
« Last Edit: 08 August 2020, 12:29:32 by bernd »

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2020, 16:53:11 »
« Last Rated on: 09 August 2020, 12:37:59 »
I am mostly asking cause i wann alearn how to edit a mods properties.
like I have downloaded an expx4 mod.
I went into the folder, edited the gameengine.dbr file in both the game folder and the xpack/game folder (putting a constant at the end of the experienceequation) and saved them both.
sadly that didnt do shit in the game and I seriously dont understand why.
maybe i would need a new databse.arz file as well?
but sadly I cant use art manager anymore (which claimwise can create .arz files) so I cant repack the now edited stuff anymore :-(
I am at a loss what to do.

I'm not sure what I'm understand you correctly. I'm seen similar question from you in another topic, but i'm doesn't understand. :)

Do you edit .dbr files and what you do with them?

If you leave them near .arz file, then no: from my observations game never read .dbr files, it read only .arz file. (For custom maps - it read's mod's file and original file. Records in mod file shadow (take precedence) over records from original file.) Note: that game may read resources in unpacked form, e.g. not from .arc files. There is difference. (However for text resources i'm see what game read them only from .arc file... or may be mistaken somewhere) :)

So, once you have pack of edited .dbr files, you must use ArtManager to build .arz file from them. Once you learn how to do it - rest should be simpler. You doesn't need to replace database.arz file.

Other tools which can edit .arz file probably work, but i'm never use them (in favor to ArtManager, but it sucks...).

As for content of edits: TQAE 2.7/2.8 write log file (near saves, in Titan Quest - Immortal Throne folder, log.html and log.xml), it was useful to get errors which may present. Some equations are tricky - some should be in parens some should not... and what the great nowadays? TQAE 2.9 create log life, but doesn't write any content into it, except header. I'm did not know how to enable them in 2.9, and this makes me sad, because i'm doesn't want going back to 2.7.

I'm doesn't know. Because they create game in first place, they develop minimally necessary tools to accomplish this task, and they succeed.

It's actually not so difficult actually. Difficult is what modders do with Baldur's Gate. :) Their mods already in forms of scripts (weidu), but they often read data from files by raw offsets... :) Like read WORD from offset 0x38 (not true number here, just for example) from item file and checking some bit mask to determine or alter item class restrictions. Nowadays they has some libraries with procedures which helps, but overall stuff is non manageable and constantly comes with bugs.

Wouldnt it make sense to switch these 2 lines around?
like saving the old value elsewhere before you actually change it?

otherwise the gx-itemClassification will only save them all as "Rare" cause the old values had been already overwritten beforehand.

would jsut be my guess as a programming noob :-)

No, "value" variable already holds field's value at this moment which we read before. So actually you can reverse this lines and get absolutely same result.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2020, 16:57:32 »

Can you explain once again what you exactly do, step by step?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2020, 23:18:30 »

Can you explain once again what you exactly do, step by step?

first IU download the "test" mod (random name we'll assume it has for now).

in that "test" foldet, I have both the database.arz file AND all the folders game, creatures, etc. (basically what would be in the .arz file, jsut unpacked)

so I have the packed file there AND the unpacked folder stuff at the same time.

I now went and edited the gameengine.dbr file in the "game" folder.
changed the "experienceequation" line there.

did the same for the other gameengine.dbr file which is located in the xpack->game folder.

so i basically edited all the availlable gameengine.dbr text filöes by hand (with notepad++, jsut simple text editor like any other out there).

Î would assume, like you say, that while I changed the unpacked stuff, the game only cares about the packed gameengine.arz file (and doesnt care about all the unpacked stuff in the same folder).
and obviously, since I never modified the .arz file, it still has all the old settings.

now it's jsut my main issue that I cant modify the .arz file.

I mean, I can of course unpack it and change the single files.

but getting all the, now changed, stuff back into an .arz file is beyon me.

ususally I could probably do this with art manager.
but I somehow got it kind of broken, let alone sayxing that I dont get how it works anyways.

so I would need a tool to take the usual folder structure of such a mod and put it back into a nice and neet .arz file.

only need to find a tool for that :-(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2020, 23:22:13 »
let's say I were to try it again with art manager.

internet tells me o create a new mod and more or less "import" all the creature, game, database, etc. folders of the unpacked mod.
how do I do that?

sadly art manager has no real tutorial, so I dont know what does what in there :-/

I know how to create an empty mode.
but not how to actually fill it with stuff imported from some other folder :-/

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2020, 00:02:01 »
« Last Rated on: 09 August 2020, 12:37:05 »

I see your problem. Basically ArtManager doesn't care about too much stuff which you may read in various tutorials (setup an empty or bounce mod/etc), at least you doesn't need to care about this at all. You need care only about .arz file and .dbr files which you have (and ArtManager will not force you to care about something else).

So, what you definitely need, is run ArtManager, create your's mod's folder (let it be temp-mod) in Working directory with typical layout with set of .dbr files which you want change (i heavily recommend include only minimum required) - (importing one record in ArtManager may help do this). Now when you will try build - it will create .arz file in CustomMaps/temp-mod/database/temp-mod.arz and set of unpacked files too. If you can achieve this - then you are about of 99% job done.

So, in CustomMaps/temp-mod/database you see .arz and unpacked files. This unpacked files are used only for "change-tracking" -> ArtManager will not apply changes from source (Working/temp-mod/...), when source files are equal to this files which under (CustomMaps/...). You got idea. So you should remove unpacked files to force ArtManager apply our changes from Working (source) folder again. (It might not strictly need everytime, but i'm saying way which 100% work.)

So, generally in folder "CustomMaps/temp-mod/database" you should have only "temp-mod.arz".

Now you can put just here any .arz file, rename it as temp-mod.arz. And go into ArtManager and build temp-mod again. It will again put unpacked files in custom maps as well as apply changes into .arz file. Once this done, you can use this .arz file as normally should (e.g. rename back and place where it should be normally placed).

If number of your edits is not big, you should end faster with ArtManager.

(If you make your "temp-mod" as actual playable mod with any resources which you need - then you will need less steps to do same job again. So, if you want change existing custom map mod - then you can apply changes in it directly without redundant copying).

Otherwise you can wait for some tool from me. Generally i'm have dbr reading/writing on roadmap anyway, so i'm will be able create this sample tool relatively soon. But i'm doesn't want make empty promises, so it will not be any ETA (it might take two days, but might take week, who know?).

So, generally ping me bit later, i will try to help. But during this time there is good idea for you to make ArtManager work anyway. Applying various difficulty equations actually is not hard, and ArtManager might be useful later for something else anyway.

UPD: Add some fixes for better clearness (i hope).

ADD: Ah, sorry, I'm should reconsider/decline with .dbr. There is still might be another format or it will be another hacky interpretation of .dbr. The issue with .dbrs what they are generally ambiguous in data types and require templates to resolve this. Templates support also on roadmap, but later. However it should be still easy to make something what can edit arz, without relying on templates and still be flexible. Yes, i can read dbrs and can try to deduce missing type from exisiting arz, but this will be bad and unclear in the end. Also, from my understanding you even doesn't need to have full .dbr with every field defined/imported, in your case it might be more practical just to specify records/fields which you want to change. Still, ping me later, once i'm finish arz writing stuff i'm be able to resolve this in some way.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 00:39:21 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2020, 11:35:56 »
You sure did help me there quite a bit!

what I did:
first delete all mods for a new start.

then struggle cause subbing, unsubbing, subbing, unsubbing did subscribe me but didnt again download the mod files for me.

after lots of mod workshopping and playing the main game, one of them suddenly appeared again.

-----------------------------------------------------

anyways, I did the following:
say A folder is the one  were the actually used mods are.
like the ones you see in "custom game".

let B be the folder that for whatever sick reason art manager is programmed to think anyone would dump their mods in and where the game never looks for mods.

so at first I had the downloaded expx4 mod in the A folder. obviously.
I copy pasted it to the B folder.
deleted the database.arz inside it.

so in B folder, the unpacked stuff of the mod still remained.
did my good old "changing all gameenigne.dbr files by hand" thing.
namely changed the "experienceequation" in the game -> gameengine.dbr file.

also came to learn that the spawn desnity (spawn min and max) are located in the other gameengine.dbr, which can be found via
xpack->game->gameengin.dbr

anywas, i modified the experienceequation formula there.

then got the art manager running (yep, got it to run on it's old default folder, folder B, again).
loaded the mod.
clicked "build".

which created a new database.arz file for the mod.

copy and pasted the whole mod folder (containing unpacked stuff as well as the .arz file) back to the A folder, the one the game actually uses for mods.

start game, custom game.

------------------------------------------

Only bad thing:
it wasnt as bouncy as before and ijnstead actually loaded the game map with my level 1 chatacter that I created jsut to use bounce mods.

however, he did indeed get from level 1 to 10 just from killing a handful of monsters and the very first boss jsut across the bridge (like the thing you do in the first 5 minutes of the game, not really even leaving the first towns area).

so that kind of worked.

what i probably did wrong and why it surely wanst a bounce map anymore is that when "building" the mod, at the very end before finishing it asks you to dlete unneeded stuff or something like that.
I had clicked yes there.

----------------------------------------------

so I went ahead and rinse and repeated EVERYTHING.
just choosing no this time, when asked about deleting "unallocated" stuff and such.

well, now it works as a bounce mod again.
(meaning I go custom game, select mod, click start, get error message, get thrown to main campaing menu.)

but sadly the actual changes dont do anything right now.
I had changed the movement speed minimum and the experience equation to like 400 times the normal value.

but it surely didnt feel like it changed anything, still had the values of the mod from when I downloaded it.
(which was only exp times 3 and no changed movement speed)

----------------------------

anyways, I doublechecked both the unpacked gameengine.dbr files, the changed numbers are in there.
as well as looked into the database.arz file itself! also the changed numbers there too.

no idea why it simply wont use the "updated" mod :-/

you said something about "forcing" the game to use the updated stuff.
but I didnt exactly understand it. can you please explain again? :-)

------------------------------

Also, another guy (actual admin), had long and lengthy told me to change experience I would need to change the experienceequation as well as stuff under rewards and penalties:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1059.msg15590#msg15590

As the comments imply, I couldnt for the f*ck of it figure out when wherre and why this was to be found....

wanna know who is the dumbass?
me.

I literally had the whole thing there the whole time whenever I opened art manager.

but whenever you load a mod, the shit thing does load the "sources" first.
and only thing on the left visible will be an modname/source file.

which obviously confused me the f... off when everyone showed me directories and stuff there which I did not have.

well, guess whoc accidentally 5 minutes ago saw 3 tabs "sources" "assets" and "database" right below there and clicked them for the first time ever?

yep, I literally just had to switch to the database instead instead of the current source tab and everything was there!

well, after further inspection I saw that this only contained the unpacked folders contents anyways, nothing really new, just presented in a MUCh easier and prettier way and well organized.

but so much for asthetics.

problem remains that the mod is basically perfect, would love to sent it to you to confirm if that is okay.
but I think it is in a workable state.

jsut that the game hasnt "updated" itself yet and uses the mod in the "old" and no longer even exiting version.

how can I make it "redownload" the mod from the folder, so it uses the ery current values and stuff?

any good way to enforce that? :-)

« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 11:38:19 by bernd »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 09 August 2020, 13:29:17 »
Here is the mod as I have it now:
https://easyupload.io/wrnijw

it bounces, it does it's original exp times 3 thing (which it had BEFORE I modified it).
but i dont see or feel anything from the changed values :-(

the experienceequation had, when it was still expx3, ...*7 standing there.
which I now changed to ...350 or something like that.

still obviously should give me many times more exp than before.
but it sadly doesnt and I dont know why :-(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 09 August 2020, 18:48:58 »
You sure did help me there quite a bit!

what I did:
first delete all mods for a new start.
then struggle cause subbing, unsubbing, subbing, unsubbing did subscribe me but didnt again download the mod files for me.
after lots of mod workshopping and playing the main game, one of them suddenly appeared again.
Man, you make me cry, gods. :) So there is steam? I'm can endlessly complain about... but in short, i'm did not use it (i'm prefer GOG whenever it is possible).

Also with the fact what steamworkshop is closed for anyone who do not own their TQAE - it is dead weight for modders. (As reverse example - for Torchlight 2 - steamworkshop opened, and anyone can download mod.)

To save time in future and skip subbing/unsubbing you can sub and then archive mod files you like into some .zip file and store it anywhere you want on local disk. When you need restore it - you can do it. Not so friendly for updates, but essential in sense to not rely on some service when you need get back to fresh content.

Actually, i'm do same for game files too, so in games folder i'm have TQAE, TQAE-LL and TQAE-SV-AERA, and even TQAE.7z (archive), so i'm can restore fresh game files without rely on installer. Previously i'm had similar forlder TQAE-2.7, TQAE-2.8. The only thing need care is only about save games when switch "game type"... but i'm too lazy automate this even for self (doable with simple renaming saving folder). Also not so space efficient. But you got idea. No-one can stop you do with YOUR digital content what you like.

However there is something like offtopic.

Quote from: bernd
anyways, I did the following:
say A folder is the one  were the actually used mods are.
like the ones you see in "custom game".

let B be the folder that for whatever sick reason art manager is programmed to think anyone would dump their mods in and where the game never looks for mods.
A = CustomMaps
B = Working

In tools.ini they are referred as builddir (which should point one level above CustomMaps) and localdir (which points exactly to Working).

Working folder considered as source folder, e.g. there is where developers work on content and build final game files from. This files normally should be stored/controlled by VCS (version control system) during development. There is reason why it is stored separately, as it normally should. From developer perspective it is kind of irrelevant how game store data, .arz, .arc or whatever, because level designers normally doesn't develop game engine / etc. I'm just try explain possible reason why it is not sick or why it should be separated.

The real sick is what there is no reason for ArtManager to put flat .dbr into custom maps. As i'm say previously it is only used for change-tracking, but they doesn't needed for that. Just some fast/hacky way of doing this. However, if we back to days when it was created, probably this was easier, than do it "right".

so at first I had the downloaded expx4 mod in the A folder. obviously.
I copy pasted it to the B folder.
deleted the database.arz inside it.

so in B folder, the unpacked stuff of the mod still remained.
did my good old "changing all gameenigne.dbr files by hand" thing.
namely changed the "experienceequation" in the game -> gameengine.dbr file.

also came to learn that the spawn desnity (spawn min and max) are located in the other gameengine.dbr, which can be found via
xpack->game->gameengin.dbr
If we speak about TQAE, then there is exactly one gameengine.dbr file in game: records/xpack/game/gameengine.dbr . Any other gameengine.dbr are not used by game engine, and virtually dead weight. Game data (database.arz) hold both files, and some mods include both files for compatibility reasons, or when you are not sure which file is actually used from given two -> you just put same content in both files and don't care about implementation. (But original TQ uses only records/game/gameengine.dbr, and TQIT uses only xpack file. So again, all references to records/game/gameengine.dbr come from days before TQIT, or when modders do mod which work on TQ and TQIT without having separate version.)

anywas, i modified the experienceequation formula there.

then got the art manager running (yep, got it to run on it's old default folder, folder B, again).
loaded the mod.
clicked "build".

which created a new database.arz file for the mod.

copy and pasted the whole mod folder (containing unpacked stuff as well as the .arz file) back to the A folder, the one the game actually uses for mods.

start game, custom game.
Why artmanager doesn't already write this files into target folder (which game knows?) or you just configure it with different folder?

Only bad thing:
it wasnt as bouncy as before and ijnstead actually loaded the game map with my level 1 chatacter that I created jsut to use bounce mods.

however, he did indeed get from level 1 to 10 just from killing a handful of monsters and the very first boss jsut across the bridge (like the thing you do in the first 5 minutes of the game, not really even leaving the first towns area).

so that kind of worked.
All right. "Boncing" is completely not depends from content of .arz file. Now you got success.

what i probably did wrong and why it surely wanst a bounce map anymore is that when "building" the mod, at the very end before finishing it asks you to dlete unneeded stuff or something like that.
I had clicked yes there.
I'm doesn't remember about removing unneeded stuff. Mod doesn't bounce by default, because... bouncing mod should include special map asset, which actually just a empty/invalid/missing map (did not remember what exactly from this, but idea same).

so I went ahead and rinse and repeated EVERYTHING.
And there is was error (not strict): you already start from expx4 mod content, and modified it. So, you only need is put modified .arz back into mod OR put into your's mod in A folder all missing files from expx4 mod. So generally under CustomMaps/my-mod you should have same files as in expx4 mod, but with only your brand-new arz. I guess it is just few files to copy.

just choosing no this time, when asked about deleting "unallocated" stuff and such.

well, now it works as a bounce mod again.
(meaning I go custom game, select mod, click start, get error message, get thrown to main campaing menu.)

but sadly the actual changes dont do anything right now.
I had changed the movement speed minimum and the experience equation to like 400 times the normal value.

but it surely didnt feel like it changed anything, still had the values of the mod from when I downloaded it.
(which was only exp times 3 and no changed movement speed)
there is mysterious. experience earned from kills definitely works in bounce mods. for movement speed minimum, i'm not sure.

you said something about "forcing" the game to use the updated stuff.
but I didnt exactly understand it. can you please explain again? :-)

You probably misread something. I'm say what when you choose Build in ArtManager it will not change files which he think what file already was built. Sometimes this is not desired behavior, and to enforce it do his job - is remove any .dbr files from CustomMaps (A) folder. This change-tracking may sometimes lie under specific conditions which is not usually achievable by normal workflow (but your's workflow is not fit into normal category and there is okay/expected).

------------------------------

Also, another guy (actual admin), had long and lengthy told me to change experience I would need to change the experienceequation as well as stuff under rewards and penalties:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1059.msg15590#msg15590

As the comments imply, I couldnt for the f*ck of it figure out when wherre and why this was to be found....

wanna know who is the dumbass?
me.

I literally had the whole thing there the whole time whenever I opened art manager.

but whenever you load a mod, the shit thing does load the "sources" first.
and only thing on the left visible will be an modname/source file.

which obviously confused me the f... off when everyone showed me directories and stuff there which I did not have.

well, guess whoc accidentally 5 minutes ago saw 3 tabs "sources" "assets" and "database" right below there and clicked them for the first time ever?

Lol. All applications require some learning, and learning curve doesn't always linear or easy. Unlike modern applications - good old apps give you actual possiblities, instead of one big blue button "make me happy", when you practically forced drop this modern shit off. :)

problem remains that the mod is basically perfect, would love to sent it to you to confirm if that is okay.
but I think it is in a workable state.
jsut that the game hasnt "updated" itself yet and uses the mod in the "old" and no longer even exiting version.
how can I make it "redownload" the mod from the folder, so it uses the ery current values and stuff?
any good way to enforce that? :-)
Game read arz files from CustomMaps. They never cached somewhere. Just restart game will be more than enough. Also don't use different bounce mods during same game run. Generally bouncing work for years... but it is sucky in some details.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 09 August 2020, 18:58:12 »
Here is the mod as I have it now:
https://easyupload.io/wrnijw

it bounces, it does it's original exp times 3 thing (which it had BEFORE I modified it).
but i dont see or feel anything from the changed values :-(

the experienceequation had, when it was still expx3, ...*7 standing there.
which I now changed to ...350 or something like that.

still obviously should give me many times more exp than before.
but it sadly doesnt and I dont know why :-(

1. Your .ARZ looks fine. E.g. i see 350 in it, so you finally can do edits.

2. You changed wrong record (file). As i'm describe above, only records/xpack/game/gameengine.dbr takes into account.

ADD: This bit different than @sauruz say to you before in given link about. There is just unexplained hidden game engine convention. There is no much this kind files at all, and most of time records landed under normal locations. You just accidentally hit in this.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 19:32:02 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 09 August 2020, 19:29:44 »
 I did some changes, I basically made sure that the gameneigine files both have the same content, aka
the experience formula both ending in *350.

"build" it (which created he .arz file), then copied the whole mostrosity into the working folder.

mod is found under custom game, does it's usual bouncing.

but still no ingame change :-/

in general experience formula is the right plays if I wanna change how much exp I get for killing a monster, right?

yeah, I use steam.
at some time I bought the game somewhere and got a steam key for cheap.

Edit: fun thing:
I thought it might be cause in the experience formula, I didnt put a final pair of brackets around the final thing.

so did that, build the arz , usual business.

Now I dont get any experience at all! :-D

I literally just killed 10 lamia dudes in the third city of the forth act (after you go through madeas portal) and my exp hadnt changed by a single point!

I guess I'll just literally try everything now in order to find a working solution...
« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 19:42:53 by bernd »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal