Author Topic: TQRespec: The respec tool for Titan Quest  (Read 66793 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: TQRespec: The respec tool for Titan Quest (updated 2019-07)
« Reply #15 on: 11 September 2019, 09:58:07 »
Unless someone's stolen the code from Soul then there isn't one.  The GDDefiler is a combined TQ/GD Defiler meant to cover both games, but it's been a while since Soul updated it.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-gd-defiler/28264

It works with Ragnarok, but seems to be flaky if you have Atlantis as well depending on what you're trying to do with it.  I only use it to see where my characters are waypoint/riftgate wise mostly so not sure how much of the editing capability is working.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 11 September 2019, 11:54:32 »
I tried the current GDDefiler version 0.2.4.0 but it also crashes with unhandled exception errors when loading Ragnarok characters and for other characters it displays their stats but I cannot change anything. GDDefiler even crashes when trying to set the TQ AE folder in the options.

I guess TQRespec is the only properly working tool we have for TQ AE at the moment. I'm happy with it because the only thing I wanted is to reallocate attribute points and change masteries or try out some skills without the need to buy all points back.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #17 on: 11 September 2019, 15:30:47 »
@Xerxes TQdefiler still can using to reset skills, masteries with characters which don't touch any content of Atlantis dlc.
And you can use TQVault to reset attributes since previous versions.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
« Reply #18 on: 13 September 2019, 00:46:56 »
dont know what i was thinking, there isnt a AE version.

i use the old TQDefilerNET to edit my characters. works fine for me on all my characters unless i change waypoints. i can edit xp, gold, available stat points, skill points, etc...
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DarkBeaver

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2019, 11:01:05 »
Hi. I tried copy character but when i start game, he is not in the list of available chars. He is just missing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shard

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #20 on: 20 June 2020, 20:23:38 »
Is there a 32 bit version?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bfair123

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: TQRespec: The respec tool for Titan Quest (updated 2021-12)
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2022, 00:14:41 »
I've downloaded the latest version of TQRespec (0.11.0), but when I try to run it nothing happens. I'm on Windows 10 and have TQRespec folder at D:\TQRespec. I have installed the TQ:AE from Steam and have it on my D:\ drive (D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Titan Quest Anniversary Edition). After I launch TQRespec, when I look in Task Manager, it is listed as a running process and I can End Task it. So, for some reason it is starting but maybe just freezing or something - it never shows any kind of a screen. I tried to copy the database, savedata, and gamedata from under my SteamLibrary area to the same folders under the TQRespec folder (following the instructions for running without the game installed), but still the same thing occurs. I also installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2015-2022 package as well and it seemed to have no effect. Last, I downloaded the previous release version (0.10.2) but the same behavior seems to occur. Really at a dead-end here. Any one have any ideas?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 30 August 2022, 11:06:43 »
I just started playing TQ AE again (2.10.5) and ran into a strange problem with TQRespec (0.11.2), which I haven't noticed previously in an older version of the tool. When I start TQRespec it throws an error message:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Code: [Select]
br.com.pinter.tqrespec.core.UnhandledRuntimeException: Error loading text resource
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.Txt.preload(Txt.java:70)
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.Main$2.call(Main.java:180)
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.Main$2.call(Main.java:170)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1426)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: StorageType not implemented: 0
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.models.StorageType.lambda$valueOf$1(StorageType.java:38)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Optional.java:403)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.models.StorageType.valueOf(StorageType.java:38)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.data.ArcFile.<init>(ArcFile.java:123)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.data.ResourceReader.<init>(ResourceReader.java:38)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.data.ResourceReader$Builder.build(ResourceReader.java:99)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.Text.loadText(Text.java:129)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.Text.loadTextFromAllPaths(Text.java:112)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.Text.preload(Text.java:83)
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.Txt.preload(Txt.java:68)
... 5 more

The reason for this message is the "Text\Text_EN.arc" file, which I have modified to add text for a new skill. What I did is add these lines to "skills.txt":
x3tagSkillStormBlizzard=Blizzard
x3tagSkillStormBlizzardDesc=Cast a whirlwind of icy air that slows and freezes your enemies.

Is it a known issue that modifications to the English text file break TQRespec?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 30 August 2022, 15:45:48 »
I just started playing TQ AE again (2.10.5) and ran into a strange problem with TQRespec (0.11.2), which I haven't noticed previously in an older version of the tool. When I start TQRespec it throws an error message:
Spoiler for Hiden:
br.com.pinter.tqrespec.core.UnhandledRuntimeException: Error loading text resource
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.Txt.preload(Txt.java:70)
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.Main$2.call(Main.java:180)
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.Main$2.call(Main.java:170)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1426)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: StorageType not implemented: 0
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.models.StorageType.lambda$valueOf$1(StorageType.java:38)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Optional.java:403)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.models.StorageType.valueOf(StorageType.java:38)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.data.ArcFile.<init>(ArcFile.java:123)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.data.ResourceReader.<init>(ResourceReader.java:38)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.data.ResourceReader$Builder.build(ResourceReader.java:99)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.Text.loadText(Text.java:129)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.Text.loadTextFromAllPaths(Text.java:112)
at br.com.pinter.tqdatabase/br.com.pinter.tqdatabase.Text.preload(Text.java:83)
at br.com.pinter.tqrespec/br.com.pinter.tqrespec.tqdata.Txt.preload(Txt.java:68)
... 5 more

The reason for this message is the "Text\Text_EN.arc" file, which I have modified to add text for a new skill. What I did is add these lines to "skills.txt":
x3tagSkillStormBlizzard=Blizzard
x3tagSkillStormBlizzardDesc=Cast a whirlwind of icy air that slows and freezes your enemies.

Is it a known issue that modifications to the English text file break TQRespec?

Hi !

Your changes in the text should work. The .arc is being created in a way that is not parsed correctly by TQRespec. The message "StorageType not implemented: 0" from the stacktrace above means a field in the .ARC that should be 1(uncompressed) or 3(compressed), is set as 0. How did you create this .arc ? If you tell me the tool and options used, maybe I can reproduce and fix this issue.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 30 August 2022, 19:13:00 »
Your changes in the text should work. The .arc is being created in a way that is not parsed correctly by TQRespec. The message "StorageType not implemented: 0" from the stacktrace above means a field in the .ARC that should be 1(uncompressed) or 3(compressed), is set as 0. How did you create this .arc ? If you tell me the tool and options used, maybe I can reproduce and fix this issue.

I placed the modified "skills.txt in the TQ AE folder and then used the "ArchiveTool.exe" that comes with the game.
The command was:
ArchiveTool.exe Text\Text_EN.arc -update skills.txt .\ 9

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 05 September 2022, 16:45:43 »

I placed the modified "skills.txt in the TQ AE folder and then used the "ArchiveTool.exe" that comes with the game.
The command was:
ArchiveTool.exe Text\Text_EN.arc -update skills.txt .\ 9

I published a new version(0.11.3) with the problem fixed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 05 September 2022, 18:17:00 »
I published a new version(0.11.3) with the problem fixed.

Great! Thank you. I just tested it and it started without problems.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zjapper

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TQRespec: The respec tool for Titan Quest
« Reply #27 on: 22 August 2023, 20:58:21 »
Downloaded and opened the respec tool. But for some reason i can't chose the charecter that i want to edit?
It only shows 3 out of 5 charecters in the select menu, but when i click the "watch chraecters" button, i can see the one i wanna edit, but i can't make the respec tool to open it.
I can only archive and explore the charecter, but not open it to edit.

Any advice?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline epinter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 22 August 2023, 21:26:25 »
Downloaded and opened the respec tool. But for some reason i can't chose the charecter that i want to edit?
It only shows 3 out of 5 charecters in the select menu, but when i click the "watch chraecters" button, i can see the one i wanna edit, but i can't make the respec tool to open it.

Any advice?

See if the characters appears in the list as "Mod". Mod characters editing are not supported.

At some point, THQ Nordic told they would support multiple simultaneous mod in Titan Quest, since then I kept waiting the feature to appear in the game to start development in TQRespec, and they never released the feature. I will take look at this when I have free time, but no promises.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zjapper

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 23 August 2023, 00:49:28 »

Any advice?

See if the characters appears in the list as "Mod". Mod characters editing are not supported.

At some point, THQ Nordic told they would support multiple simultaneous mod in Titan Quest, since then I kept waiting the feature to appear in the game to start development in TQRespec, and they never released the feature. I will take look at this when I have free time, but no promises.

That's exacly what's wrong then. The charecters i wish to edit is mod. And it seems that mod charecters aren't supported in either respec, TQVault, Defiler or GD Defiler, sadly.
Are there any way to bypass this? Or any way to make the mod char into a main char so it'll then be supported?

Me and my sister are both huge TQ fans, and we're playing multiplayer together with new chars, and completing the game together. But the mistake we made it seems, is that we have used a bounce mod to x2 the monsters and bosses for more fun. But my sister has now at the end of normal playtrough, regrets about her secondary mastery (nature) as the lack of strenght, but not enough intelligense keeps her from using most of what we find.
So we're trying to figure out a way for her to change that mastery into the defence mastery instead before moving on to epic.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal