Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA bug topic  (Read 32325 times)

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Soulvizier AERA bug topic
« Reply #45 on: 19 May 2020, 23:58:20 »
I don't see any issue in the game files. Was one of those items dropped in the vanilla game or both in Soulvizier ?
I installed the Soulvizier hard mod version. This char is self-found, therefore these 2 items are dropped in Soulvizier. That said, this bug may exist in vanilla game, i can't say.

Here, I'd have to modify manually (won't be dynamic text) the name of the skill with a different color to simulate a description, and it will look bad because if the description is too long, it will widen the window of the item too much instead of adding the text below. Or I'd have to modify the skill to make it an active buff with a separate trigger, but then it won't be the same % health trigger.
So maybe one day, because it would need to chance every skill like that, now not a priority.
Ok don't mind, the skill works.

Offline xiaorantu

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +8
« Reply #46 on: 20 June 2020, 14:00:16 »
1.it seems that no star mark on the head of hero monster?
2.new weapon,called like forged waepon? no basic attack number

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #47 on: 20 June 2020, 17:56:04 »
1.it seems that no star mark on the head of hero monster?
2.new weapon,called like forged waepon? no basic attack number

1. On purpose, because the stars dont disappear on monsters death. Maybe I'll add them later as an option.
2. I can't understand, can you tell the exact name of the item or upload à screenshot ?
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #48 on: 21 June 2020, 00:02:19 »
@soa In Act 1 i'm noticed what there is exist big presense of Blighted prefix. It drops probably mostly from skeletons, not sure, but looks logical, and they are only + specific skill. But fireforget prefix is different and makes bad feelings: fireforged can be almost everything. This looks like someone love too many earth mastery, because there is no real drops for another prefixes (but a lot for fireforged). Feel unfair in this case. (However there is not a thing about which i'm will choose gear, but just it is about what i'm regularly see.)

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 21 June 2020, 00:06:10 »
@soa another thing abour "War Dance" skill. If you apply this skill it do 4 swings as i'm see. But there is has trick which i'm not noticed initially: if target to which you apply skill died before all 4 swings applies - dance stop. So, instead do 4x flurry of attacks - you may do single... I'm not sure if there is possible to do with this something, and there is not so big disturb, but there is gives not consistent gameplay when you apply this skill. Sometimes early i'm use it and it is funny, some times it do "nothing".

Offline Antifringe

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #50 on: 22 June 2020, 08:57:12 »
There's some weirdness going on with the Flame Surge skill from Earth.

The tooltip says that the recharge time is "-4.0 seconds."  When you use it, the skill has zero cooldown, kind of like Ice Orb from Storm.  Id say that this is intentional, but the next synergy of the skill, Barrage, reduces the cooldown of Flame Arch, starting on the second point invested.  When you buy the second point, Flame Arch goes from zero cooldown to, uh, something bigger than zero.  That makes Barrage a sidegrade (and a pretty bad one at that), and doesn't feel intentional.  MY guess is that the negative recharge time is bugged in the original skill.

There's also a problem with the Freezing Blast skill from Storm.  It has a substantial radius of effect in the tooltip, but only affects one target in actual play.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 22 June 2020, 20:25:56 »
@soa In Act 1 i'm noticed what there is exist big presense of Blighted prefix. It drops probably mostly from skeletons, not sure, but looks logical, and they are only + specific skill. But fireforget prefix is different and makes bad feelings: fireforged can be almost everything. This looks like someone love too many earth mastery, because there is no real drops for another prefixes (but a lot for fireforged). Feel unfair in this case. (However there is not a thing about which i'm will choose gear, but just it is about what i'm regularly see.)
Fireforged has the same probability to drop as Blighted (even 2x less because Blighted can give a bonus to Skeleton Soldier or Deathchill Aura).

@soa another thing abour "War Dance" skill. If you apply this skill it do 4 swings as i'm see. But there is has trick which i'm not noticed initially: if target to which you apply skill died before all 4 swings applies - dance stop. So, instead do 4x flurry of attacks - you may do single... I'm not sure if there is possible to do with this something, and there is not so big disturb, but there is gives not consistent gameplay when you apply this skill. Sometimes early i'm use it and it is funny, some times it do "nothing".
I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2020, 19:19:36 by soa »
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 22 June 2020, 20:28:48 »
There's some weirdness going on with the Flame Surge skill from Earth.

The tooltip says that the recharge time is "-4.0 seconds."  When you use it, the skill has zero cooldown, kind of like Ice Orb from Storm.  Id say that this is intentional, but the next synergy of the skill, Barrage, reduces the cooldown of Flame Arch, starting on the second point invested.  When you buy the second point, Flame Arch goes from zero cooldown to, uh, something bigger than zero.  That makes Barrage a sidegrade (and a pretty bad one at that), and doesn't feel intentional.  MY guess is that the negative recharge time is bugged in the original skill.
Yeah, I already fixed it, the fix will be in next patch.
The cooldown is supposed to be 6s (base skill) and reduced with Barrage, like vanilla (except vanilla has a bug that applies Barrage reduced cooldown at level 0).

There's also a problem with the Freezing Blast skill from Storm.  It has a substantial radius of effect in the tooltip, but only affects one target in actual play.
I'll try something in next patch to fix this.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2020, 20:32:13 by soa »

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 23 June 2020, 16:57:46 »
Fireforged has the same probability to drop as Blighted (even 2x less because Blighted can give a bonus to Skeleton Soldier of Deathchill Aura).

Damn, my eyes. I'm mysteriously misread "Fireforged" prefix first time and thinked wrongly all this time... (I though what it was +1 to all Earth skills). After re-looking again everything becomes fine. Sorry!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 29 June 2020, 23:20:32 »
Is Storm's Concussive Blast works as intended? I'm played in raw AE last time and noticed big difference: it forks and strikes as it described. But in SV-AERA - each forks looks like strike enemies multiple times, looks like about 4 times. It makes it very good spell surely :) but just not sure if it is really expected.

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 30 June 2020, 01:34:26 »
In 1.6 you can sell many items by much better price at Soul Collerctor. Say some staff which sells at Helos at 3500gp, Soul Collector buy by 10000gp. :) (So when i'm sell some things, instead of getting total of about 10K income, i'm now can get 100K income in 10 yellow items. Works not with every yellow item.).
« Last Edit: 30 June 2020, 02:03:49 by lixiss »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 01 July 2020, 22:01:58 »
In 1.6 you can sell many items by much better price at Soul Collerctor. Say some staff which sells at Helos at 3500gp, Soul Collector buy by 10000gp. :) (So when i'm sell some things, instead of getting total of about 10K income, i'm now can get 100K income in 10 yellow items. Works not with every yellow item.).
OK, will fix in 1.7.

Is Storm's Concussive Blast works as intended? I'm played in raw AE last time and noticed big difference: it forks and strikes as it described. But in SV-AERA - each forks looks like strike enemies multiple times, looks like about 4 times. It makes it very good spell surely :) but just not sure if it is really expected.
Not my work, but I consider it intended, vanilla skill has low precision, SV version makes it worth of use.

Offline UnBorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #57 on: 27 July 2020, 17:12:37 »
Just restarted game so i figure to give some feedback. Started with Warfare Mastery.
- % resist on start of game that's just unreasonable

-Armor and weapon don't really follow some consistency in early game so it take a loot of time to look, hope this does not persist.

-Souls sims boring and uneventful, i don't see reason they have attribute requirements and sacrifice. After dropping first quest boss soul i just find out 80 int requirement strange for jewelry and after looking at some other souls in shop i find them obsolete.
Honestly they just supper charge certain builds that already got easy start of game and sims boring for what it's supposed to represent. Idk how balanced old souls where but i don't remember looking at them searching for what sacrifice they ask and what attribute i need. In my opinion souls should be just Legendary difficulty items with quality instead of this clutter. Its reasonable to get into this problem so limiting may be only way to make them actually matter as exciting concept.

-Skeletons before sparta consist mostly of massive range ambushes. I considering Ragnarok range weapons as a one of the reason, but still i find it unreasonable. Most aoe melee got restrictions on targets number so it not great place.

-War Wind changes as its called now War Dance is horrible, removing ability to charge is just bad when playing melee. Just imagine targeting archers or mages, now you move slow and when you get there they run off...

-After sparta i found the hero monster i encounter last time before quitting. Aniketos the Sacrifier, Beastmean. I mean you show me how you kill him at lvl 8? He summon like 10 magic beast that crit even this mele char. Those magic boars sims little less tanky then last time tho its hard to tell when he melt you in 3. sec. Also he got dodge and move constantly and you cant even target him when his summons surround you. My best take is 75% of his life with scroll that buff damage and battle rage, and that's only because he decided to not start summoning immediately.

-I got broke shopping potions and scrolls. Getting levels, items and still don't find a way to do added content. It's rather inconsistent feel to the game, dragging time, some balance problems got amplified. I mean you got limited with your abilities and potions are pain. Pets, retaliation and spells that dont care for target numbers can make it feel better. Most of time you can only click and hit where monsters reign supreme with skills and buffs. Yeah i feel like i'm hunted and rewards sims to bad to ever change that.
People look for rewards, new build ideas and challenges. That's a lot of rambling, but generally souls sims week as it stands now, concept of them sims to ben lost, and some changes hit painful and amplified balance problems.

Im frustrated for not wanting to skip content but i give more feedback as this is advertised as friendly to no legacy items game play.
Revisiting ideas oft mods, finding those eventful moments, meaningful rewards and keeping strong concept is not easy task so keep it up.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2020, 17:41:08 by UnBorn »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 27 July 2020, 21:18:30 »
Just restarted game so i figure to give some feedback. Started with Warfare Mastery.
- % resist on start of game that's just unreasonable
? You probably never played this mod before ? It was -10% in the old SV mod.

-Armor and weapon don't really follow some consistency in early game so it take a loot of time to look, hope this does not persist.
? Don't be so vague. Comments like this are useless if you're not specific.

-Souls sims boring and uneventful, i don't see reason they have attribute requirements and sacrifice. After dropping first quest boss soul i just find out 80 int requirement strange for jewelry and after looking at some other souls in shop i find them obsolete.
I don't know what you mean by boring or uneventful. I mean, have you ever looked at the vanilla game ? That's boring.

Honestly they just supper charge certain builds that already got easy start of game and sims boring for what it's supposed to represent.
Useless comment, too vague.

Idk how balanced old souls where but i don't remember looking at them searching for what sacrifice they ask and what attribute i need.
I'm not the original author of the mod and most of its souls. In the original mod they were immensely broken, they absolutely require drawbacks to get a little balance. That's what the original author was adding in the last versions of the old SV mod. They were still overpowered, I had to make them non-enchantable with relics and add requirements to get some sort of balance. Some people still ask to reduce their power, for now I think it's more a matter of specific cases (improving some and nerfing others).

In my opinion souls should be just Legendary difficulty items with quality instead of this clutter. Its reasonable to get into this problem so limiting may be only way to make them actually matter as exciting concept.
Make them only Legendary is not serious and would be hated by the vast majority of players.

-Skeletons before sparta consist mostly of massive range ambushes. I considering Ragnarok range weapons as a one of the reason, but still i find it unreasonable. Most aoe melee got restrictions on targets number so it not great place.
Don't know what you mean. This is vanilla.

-War Wind changes as its called now War Dance is horrible, removing ability to charge is just bad when playing melee. Just imagine targeting archers or mages, now you move slow and when you get there they run off...
Not my work. That's because a new animation was added. I don't really know if it's possible to keep it and add movement speed.

-After sparta i found the hero monster i encounter last time before quitting. Aniketos the Sacrifier, Beastmean. I mean you show me how you kill him at lvl 8? He summon like 10 magic beast that crit even this mele char. Those magic boars sims little less tanky then last time tho its hard to tell when he melt you in 3. sec. Also he got dodge and move constantly and you cant even target him when his summons surround you. My best take is 75% of his life with scroll that buff damage and battle rage, and that's only because he decided to not start summoning immediately.
I've already planned to reduce the number of summons (6 max instead of 9 + a maximum lifetime) and reduce a bit their damage.

-I got broke shopping potions and scrolls. Getting levels, items and still don't find a way to do added content. It's rather inconsistent feel to the game, dragging time, some balance problems got amplified. I mean you got limited with your abilities and potions are pain. Pets, retaliation and spells that dont care for target numbers can make it feel better. Most of time you can only click and hit where monsters reign supreme with skills and buffs. Yeah i feel like i'm hunted and rewards sims to bad to ever change that.
People look for rewards, new build ideas and challenges. That's a lot of rambling, but generally souls sims week as it stands now, concept of them sims to ben lost, and some changes hit painful and amplified balance problems.
Im frustrated for not wanting to skip content but i give more feedback as this is advertised as friendly to no legacy items game play.
Revisiting ideas oft mods, finding those eventful moments, meaningful rewards and keeping strong concept is not easy task so keep it up.
I mean, do you really think I'll be able to do anything with a comment like this ? There's no valuable information in there.

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 27 July 2020, 21:59:25 »
I'm not the original author of the mod and most of its souls. In the original mod they were immensely broken, they absolutely require drawbacks to get a little balance. That's what the original author was adding in the last versions of the old SV mod. They were still overpowered, I had to make them non-enchantable with relics and add requirements to get some sort of balance. Some people still ask to reduce their power, for now I think it's more a matter of specific cases (improving some and nerfing others).

You are surely bit tricking here. Original SV imply ability to enchant everything, while you personally saying what you will not spend any second of life on this feature. Also, soul requirements, together with their requirements are often no have sense: they are too high. And don't say what you can wear +stat item - they NEVER should be worn, unless you wear unique gear, because you can and should get better affixes instead simple stat bonus. For item requirements - Stonebinder Cuffs is good example here - requirements so high, what makes this item not useful at all (for some builds). Original game also has similar issue - some items doesn't grow linearly in their requirements, while character surely already has non-linear stat grow. If back to souls - some of them comes without drawbacks or come with neglible drawbacks (like pierce resistance) or come with huge drawbacks (like 10-15% speed penalty) - i mean here you can see what drawbacks are not equal, and to compensate them is different roads. But, doesn't read me as complaining, please. My char was needed in some dmg bonus, and i'm used some soul with drawbacks which adds me lot of damage and this works perfectly. Once i'm leveled, i'm switched to other, more better rings (shopped some greens) instead. I'm understand what with all given input (leveling, enchanting), - you done more like good things, rather than bad, but this doesn't meant what it is good balanced now. Also when game doesn't allow players to play like they want - they start to complain. Good game never fairly balanced in favor to player (by some reasons, like stupid AI or everything else), but mods shift balance value into different directions, but again, to be fair - it is need titanic number of time to get at least feeling of changes, i'm not saying about make it really balanced (interesting / still offer challenge, but without stupid one-hit dies). New enemies in 1.6 (oceanids or how they named) - are far less balanced than everything rest in this game. Never died from them, but they are real kick-asses, and more dangerous than any boss in act 1. So, i'm appreciate you work, really! But i feel you some times just parry feedback, instead just take account on it (this doesn't imply what you should fix something).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal