Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General discussion  (Read 68152 times)

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Soulvizier AERA - General discussion
« on: 12 March 2018, 20:25:41 »
MAIN PRESENTATION TOPIC IS HERE :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0

19 April 2020
This is the general discussion topic for the Soulvizier: AERA mod.
You can discuss anything related to the mod for the Anniversary Edition here (for the TQ:IT version, there is another section on the forum).

This topic starts with all the past discussions about the making of the mod (there was an old topic in the "New Projects" section. It has been split so that I can gain ownership of this topic).

12 March 2018 :

I started the project of porting SV to the Anniversary Edition a few weeks ago, but never announced it.
So far, I only ported :
- Masteries (new skills of SV) and expanded Runes with two pets and 1 unused skill the devs left (Earthbind). Made small tweaks to skills in the 9 first masteries (unfinished skills from Soulvizier mod ; some skills reverted to their SV0.96 version)
- Creatures, FX and items from SV
- Some gameplay elements such as XP curve (needs testing because AER changes the progression), life/mana regen depending on your life/mana total, several gameplay equations tweaked, general difficulty increased (more monsters, approx x3 except bosses, more heroes encounters, general stat boost for all monsters)
- Tweaked class names

Things that are needed are :
Items
- Adapting items (SV and Ragnarok) to the new skills of SV and Ragnarok - for now, i'm looking into relics - for some of them, the Ragnarok version is better, for others, I prefer SV version
There were tons of new items and several new item types in SV. SV_AER should include :
   *Unique Souls for most heroes and monsters, 1 version per difficulty level ; they use a ring slot
   *New charms & relics including elite charms
   *Wands from SV =>1H ranged ; 1H orbs from SV => can now receive relics (either in R or L Hand)
   *New 1h ranged items (throwing weapons)
   *Mythic formulas and items (above legendary)
   *Vitality staves
   *Mercenary contracts

- Some item features such as penetration (pierce ratio) for axes and life/mana regen for rings
- Item formulas (create equipment with a new feature from SV, forging formulas) + adding some for act V

Creatures
- Creating new heroes/elites monsters for act V
- Adjusting the difficulty level of act V bosses ? They are far too easy. That being said, SV adds a general buff to all monsters, so testing is needed

Graphical
- UI mod : bringing back UI from Underlord mod should be appropriate, but it needs to be adapted to the AE changes (life/mana bar...)
- Blood & Gore (Death Effects 1.6 Mod) or an equivalent should be in the mod, in my opinion - haven't tested this mod
- Main menu should be reverted to SV, or IT or AE, Ragnarok one is pretty bad
- Camera Mod : camera rotate + proxies are hidden from view - I know these features at least are possible
- Most boss fights should have a barrier that closes behind the player when fighting (Typhon, Nessus...) - remove the Benny Hill feeling

Gameplay
- Some items should give increased Weapon mastery (increased damage and attack speed when you use these weapons)
- Potion cost and cooldown should be greatly increased
- Incorporate Caravan XL + Inventory XL mod
- New affixes
- The forge in act V should be used an infinite amount of times, for Epic or Legendary items, and require a lot of gold and special relics.

Map
For now, as map mods are very time consuming to make, I think map modifications should be limited to :
- adding merchants - New merchant type "Alchemist" - sells artifact formulas - these should no longer drop
- changing proxies if needed
Maybe when the mod is up and running, maps mods would be a good idea ("elite" maps at the end of Legendary)

Things that in my opinion should not be ported in this version of Soulvizier, or maybe optional. In any case, I won't work on these.
- Enchantable Epic and Legendary items (too much imbalance)
- Blood Cave, Secret Passage, secret vendors (they don't fit the original game atmosphere)
- Quest in Blood Cave
- Diablo 3 UI (not fit for this game)
- Infinite level (imbalance ; lvl 90 or so should be new maximum)
- Resistances penalties (or maybe not as much as before ; coherent with blue/purple not enchantable)
- Materials => no longer dropped or sold (inventory cluttering ; they are only needed in formulas ; should be replaced in formulas by charms or relics that were previously never used as ingredients)

blue : my personal suggestions
maroon : existing mods that should be part of the mix (my opinion)
green : existing features of SV that need to be expanded in act V
The rest in black is as in Soulvizier (last version 0.98i).
« Last Edit: 21 October 2020, 21:06:06 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Soulvizier AERA
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2018, 00:36:58 »
Nice list. I agree on the things you suggest not to be imported. Btw, are you planning to port as a hard mod or soft one?
For start I can help on most of the graphical section and importing caravan, except the barrier idea maybe.
One more point for the list - adapting poison and bleeding damage duration for Ragnarok.

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2018, 02:52:20 »
i agree with most.. but repeatable legendary craftsmanship? how about only once but the attribute values don't change and you get to choose the bonus? (if that's possible)

i actually like the personalize quest reward from diablo 2.. can that be tied to the legendary craftsmanship quest? (again if that's possible)

i remember one issue on soulvizier was that nobody wanted to use rings anymore because souls were so much better.. that didn't come from me but i agree and was told amgoz agreed also but i think it was around the time amgoz stopped working on SV

i was sent before a list of balance suggestions for SV (done by loose friends of amgoz).. but maybe it's too much work.. gathering people to help is the first step.. i don't know anything about modding :(

those are up to you guys.. you can ignore everything i said :) i don't play much anymore.. i spend more time on forum than actually playing

edit: @nargil66 i just read that suggestions on improving TQ post of yours.. god, i like that character customization and caravan storage pages suggestions
« Last Edit: 13 March 2018, 03:18:48 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2018, 08:02:14 »
- Blood Cave, Secret Passage, secret vendors (they don't fit the original game atmosphere)

Please leave them alone.

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2018, 10:17:25 »
if they leave them alone, they won't get included in the new SV

from what little i know, they have to port the maps to AE/R for it to be included

stupid me.. i know what you mean.. but maps i think are too much work.. not that I'm saying it's not worth it.. i can't really say because i never completed either of the secret maps.. blood cave, there was a point where my pc would lag too much i had no choice but to force close the game.. secret secret passage, the game would outright crash to desktop.. no error message.. if this project ever finishes and if the secret maps get included, i hope my poor 4gb ram can handle it :(
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2018, 18:59:28 »
Wait,wait,wait!Hold up a minute!Is it even possible to port such a complex mod like Soulvizier to TQ Ragnarok?I mean,Im just asking.Im not really an expert modder.

Offline SziserTrue

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2018, 20:05:00 »
Hi all,
Actually, I already started a project like this a few weeks ago, but never announced it.
So far, I only ported :
- Masteries (new skills of SV) and expanded Runes with two pets and 1 unused skill the devs left (Earthbind). Made small tweaks to skills in the 9 first masteries (unfinished skills from Soulvizier mod ; some skills reverted to their SV0.96 version)
- Creatures, FX and items from SV
- Some gameplay elements such as XP curve (needs testing because AER changes the progression), life/mana regen depending on your life/mana total, several gameplay equations tweaked, general difficulty increased (more monsters, approx x3 except bosses, more heroes encounters, general stat boost for all monsters)
- Tweaked class names

Things that are needed are :
Items
- Adapting items (SV and Ragnarok) to the new skills of SV and Ragnarok - for now, i'm looking into relics - for some of them, the Ragnarok version is better, for others, I prefer SV version
There were tons of new items and several new item types in SV. SV_AER should include :
   *Unique Souls for most heroes and monsters, 1 version per difficulty level ; they use a ring slot
   *New charms & relics including elite charms
   *Wands from SV =>1H ranged ; 1H orbs from SV => can now receive relics (either in R or L Hand)
   *New 1h ranged items (throwing weapons)
   *Mythic formulas and items (above legendary)
   *Vitality staves
   *Mercenary contracts

- Some item features such as penetration (pierce ratio) for axes and life/mana regen for rings
- Item formulas (create equipment with a new feature from SV, forging formulas) + adding some for act V

Creatures
- Creating new heroes/elites monsters for act V
- Adjusting the difficulty level of act V bosses ? They are far too easy. That being said, SV adds a general buff to all monsters, so testing is needed

Graphical
- UI mod : bringing back UI from Underlord mod should be appropriate, but it needs to be adapted to the AE changes (life/mana bar...)
- Blood & Gore (Death Effects 1.6 Mod) or an equivalent should be in the mod, in my opinion - haven't tested this mod
- Main menu should be reverted to SV, or IT or AE, Ragnarok one is pretty bad
- Camera Mod : camera rotate + proxies are hidden from view - I know these features at least are possible
- Most boss fights should have a barrier that closes behind the player when fighting (Typhon, Nessus...) - remove the Benny Hill feeling

Gameplay
- Some items should give increased Weapon mastery (increased damage and attack speed when you use these weapons)
- Potion cost and cooldown should be greatly increased
- Incorporate Caravan XL + Inventory XL mod
- New affixes
- The forge in act V should be used an infinite amount of times, for Epic or Legendary items, and require a lot of gold and special relics.

Map
For now, as map mods are very time consuming to make, I think map modifications should be limited to :
- adding merchants - New merchant type "Alchemist" - sells artifact formulas - these should no longer drop
- changing proxies if needed
Maybe when the mod is up and running, maps mods would be a good idea ("elite" maps at the end of Legendary)

Things that in my opinion should not be ported in this version of Soulvizier, or maybe optional. In any case, I won't work on these.
- Enchantable Epic and Legendary items (too much imbalance)
- Quest in Blood Cave
- Diablo 3 UI (not fit for this game)
- Infinite level (imbalance ; lvl 90 or so should be new maximum)
- Resistances penalties (or maybe not as much as before ; coherent with blue/purple not enchantable)
- Materials => no longer dropped or sold (inventory cluttering ; they are only needed in formulas ; should be replaced in formulas by charms or relics that were previously never used as ingredients)

blue : my personal suggestions
maroon : existing mods that should be part of the mix (my opinion)
green : existing features of SV that need to be expanded in act V
The rest in black is as in Soulvizier (last version 0.98i).

Great ! Just pm me if I can help somehow ,but there are some things that I don't agree or want to request:
- Enchantable Epic and Legendary items -let it please
- Infinite level -let it please
- Resistances penalties -let it please
- Blood Cave, Secret Passage, secret vendors -let it please
- Quest in Blood Cave - let it please
^^^^Those are things I loved in SV
-Additional skills (SV style) for new Ragnarok mastery
- Main menu - it's better to add additional option in main menu instead of deleting - I love new MM.
And one more thing ,I think we can look for some diferences beetwen classic TQ,AE and AER and find out how additional mastery was added ,maybe adding rouge or even more next to Oculltist (Eat cake and have cake) - TQ with 15 masteries ? 15 ,balanced and working together masteries which fits game well - that would be insane (f.e. something connected with ocean or sea) ,maybe Atlantis or included additional City in Egypt (there was such mod for TQ AE - we can ask). We can extend the content of the mod and TQ AER :)
« Last Edit: 13 March 2018, 20:08:29 by SziserTrue »

Offline raz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2018, 14:51:13 »
+1 vote for enchantable epic and legendary items

Offline Gussl

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2018, 20:24:40 »
Hiho!

Absolutely stunning to hear that this mod's porting is being worked on. As it comes to the content, I share the opinion with the extra secret and hidden passage and vendors, that does not fit in the style of the game. However, this was never a problem since you could simply ignore it and play SV just up until legendary hades.

What made me play SV over the retail version of Immortal Throne for the last 10 years was the more distinct customization of your character, mainly achieved by the 40 points masteries but also with the enchantable rare and legendary item. That's the only point I disagree with in the list above. You mentioned that rings were not used anylonger from the moment on the overpowered souls were introduced. Well, same goes for the enchantable rares and legendaries. Whenever I find a blue or purple item in Ragnarök I feel pretty meh about it since I can hardly customise it any further. Imbalance is a flimsy point here. If the hero is growing too strong, the enemies are just too weak ;) Activate Xmax and you're in for a challenge :D.
Having this said I do also agree with the infinite uses of the act V forge cuz being honest, who does not make a backup of his savegames before using it just in case it get's fucked up.

This game and mod was always so much fun, but it never had the intention to become a competitive espots game, so my vote is for features over balancing (just think about the excitement of a triple mastery mod :))

Anyways, enough talking, just on last big shoutout to all the people who are tackling this issue! I wish you all the best and even more endurance on your task!

Regards,

someone who just registered here :)

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2018, 05:58:36 »
i share gussls excitement.
is this actively being worked on?

Offline Lallushe

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #10 on: 30 August 2018, 02:27:50 »
Guys, I need to know if you are still working on the mod. I can inform people, if someone interested, to join the cause. Please reply

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 01 September 2018, 11:19:50 »
Well, to be honest, I've only been working on my own since march. I think for now, the mod should remain as a soft mod (maybe hard after), considering there might be new patches for the game.

Items
I'm currently unifying all items between Ragnarok and SV. Remember this is a long work but I don't think it's a good idea to have a lot of people working on it because you need consistency and balance. Weapons are almost done for 5 acts, armors and jewelry are done for 3 acts. Relics and charms are done, Artifacts and formula items not started (few changes on artifacts but formula items need an upgrade because of new act V).
Work on affixes table is done, however since bugs have been reported on the original game, a fix is needed (torso affixes on bracelets and so on).
After that a work on loottables will be needed.
Finally, a big question : what to do with souls ? Let them as rings ? But rings are quite useless then. Another proposal : make some of them become relics for rings. Balance things like this : 1 max soul as a ring, and 1 max soul as a relic (otherwise a major penalty is given to the player). What do you think ?

Creatures
Next i'll need to unify creatures between TQ AER and SV. SV creatures need an upgrade because of new act V. Plus many creatures drop souls.
A boost for existing boss & heroes in act V is planned too.

Graphical and UI :
Caravan XL, Blood & Gore, main menu reworked : nargil66, are you ok if your features or mods ports are used here, with proper credits of course ?

Work that some people (voluntaries needed) should do is to create new content for act V :
- heroes and a few bosses, with souls
- elite green monsters (variations of existing ones)
- new items (new MI for these elite monsters, formula items, or other items like blue/purple)
- new affixes
- new charms & relics including elite ones

Submit ideas first, then we'll see.

Other things
- Other things include fixes for the original game (bugs or broken items left by Nordic Games, like correcting things listed here or here)
- I already said I wouldn't work on Blood Cave or additional maps from Underlord/SV (actually, I would need to bring them back; it's not that I don't want to leave them alone, because they don't exist in the main game, and I don't think it's as simple as a copy/paste to bring it back).
- Same goes for allowing blue/purples to have relics, it's an horrible idea and complete unbalance (works in Grim Dawn 'cause it was planned at the beginning of the development). The game is fine and "balanced" with 1/ rare and difficult to get green items, but these can have personalization with affixes or relics and are the most powerful; 2/ blue/purple that are easier to get (not one particular item, but one powerful enough to increase your power), but not upgradable. The game needs a complete rework on item requirements in general though (the most powerful items can be worn too soon).
- I have an idea but I don't know if it is doable in a reasonable amount of time : trade ingame. Like every item in the game (MIs, blue and purple) could be forged with formulas. The ingredients would be orbs that you get by "recycling" your unwanted MIs, blue and purple items. The idea would be that staves give an orb of a certain type, that in turn is needed to craft melee weapons (for instance). This way, the poor RNG system could be fooled (you know, when you're a physical warrior and you get mage items, or bow user and only get axes or maces). Of course, this would require a considerable amount of work to create formulas and balance, as orbs would need a power (u can't trade a lvl 7 sword for a lvl 58 staff).

Finally here are a few screens of Runes mastery.
https://imgur.com/a/fYop4xw

There are two new pets (I still need to know how pets can heal each other, the Runic Guardian heals me but not his Runic Warrior mate). No more Menhir Wall, but Runic Guardian can cast it instead.
Rune of Life is tweaked with no duration but active mana cost. It's an aura with almost no radius until lvl 6, after that it grows up to 18m (like Heart of the Oak)
Restored an unused skill in the mastery (used on a staff in the game) called "Earthbind". Runic Guardian can use it with an upgrade.
Frightening Power (will be changed to Dazzling Power) won't do fear any more but fumble and impaired aim.
Maybe I should tweak Mines, but I don't know how. Ideas welcomed.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #12 on: 01 September 2018, 12:42:32 »
Looks very promising.

I would volunteer to make new heroes with spells and stuff, you would have to tell me what are your criterias.

Also, I had made ~100 new affixes for my previous mod, they were made for a Legendary level, but making a Normal/Epic version is not a problem.

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 01 September 2018, 14:26:34 »
Yes! Thank you for continuing on this. And ofcourse you can use my stuff, the cause is great and is totally worth it! I'll make a new menu screen especially for Soulvizier :)
Only one suggestion - don't use the gray interface from Underlord. Vanilla UI is fitting the game world better imo.
About new heroes - I can help with skins for sure, if you need the whole package (skills, souls, etc.) I'll try, only don't know how good I am in balancing.
You can find the source files for Enhanced Gameplay here:

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 01 September 2018, 16:06:14 »
Criterias for heroes would be to stay in the same spirit as Soulvizier :

- Context : random heroes/bosses encounters (like 95% heroes/5% bosses). Here by "heroes" I mean heroes or bosses, and by "bosses" I mean randomly encountered ones (they're basically uber-heroes).

- Strong heroes that can prove to be difficult to kill.
For bosses, you might just not be able to take them down and need to gear up and come back a few levels after (but they appear randomly so you mustn't quit to do that).
For heroes, you should be able to kill them, but not without putting an actual fight. In most of the original game, you kill heroes in a few hits or you don't even realize they are heroes. I remember a troglodyte hero in Soulvizier A4 with some sort of Spellbreaker spell, the fight lasted like 5 minutes. He was very resistant, not that dangerous but you couldn't kill him like that.
   -> meaning good overall stats and resistances
   -> some have defensive spells (like a buff, or heal ; spells that make the player miss his attacks)
   -> some are summoners with many summons
   -> some have spells that break the fight, while the hero regens (temporary invulnerability, Spellbreaker, teleportation, etc.)

- Heroes can kill you on their own. Random bosses might one shot weak characters.
   -> meaning they get strong offensive spells and skills. The player has to pay attention to heroes, they are not mere yellow champions with just +20% damage. They say attack is the best defense, so increasing heroes' power will result in them lasting longer
   -> some have resistance reduction, or armor reduction
   -> some get skills that cripple the player : slow of course, stun, entrapment, but also rarer things like sleep, petrify, freeze, convert the player pets... So resistances against that will prove more useful.

- Heroes must have souls, at least for new heroes. Existing ones should have too, for the most part. There were 516 souls (for each difficulty level !) in SV...
A possibility is to upgrade and reinforce existing act V heroes instead or before making new ones.
- Heroes can get MI stuff if you feel to, it may be new MI gear meant to be shared with elite monsters. I'm not a fan of hero-exclusive stuff (except souls), like Anaplekte stuff, because while the armor looks very good and all, it is too difficult to get (only one source of drop + you need to get good affixes...)
- Graphically, you may try to give heroes unique textures, surrounding auras, FX on their weapons and such to make them more appealing.
- All parts of act V should be covered, with most types of monsters (humans, ichtians, undead, dvergrs, elves, etc.)
- Some heroes are meant to work in pairs, or sometimes heroes spawn together in the same pool. You may have one warrior and one healer, or one fire based hero accompanied by a cold based one, etc...

Remember however that there are differences in SV, and if you forget/don't know them, things may become over the top.
Heroes should be good but not overly strong at first glance because :
- in SV, Health gives +% Health Regen (+0,5% per HP). Makes it hard/impossible to drop heroes with a lot of health, so don't push it too much (good health but not extra strong. If you put 100,000 HP, it means +500 Hregen. For instance during a Grey Sisters fight, the last one standing gets massive abs damage, resistances and has lots of hp, resulting in an almost impossible fight. That example in SV0.98i will need some balance)
- heroes with their souls (if it's a ring) are stronger because they wear it
- all monsters get a global boost in SV (monstergamebalanceattributes.dbr) : stats, speed, damage, resistances. So monsters may be good but not that impressive.
- be careful with summons, I think they need a limitation in number or lifetime. In SV0.98i, you had one hero in China who could summon lots of monsters (spirit boars and such), but I don't think they had a fixed lifetime or number limit, resulting in swarming the player unendlessly if you couldn't kill the hero in 10 sec. I'm not sure it was intended, anyway even if the limit is high (like 12 summons with no time limit, or 30-second lifetime with no number limit and 2s recharge), there has to be one.

You should get the original SV mod and check SV heroes and souls to get an idea and be on par with them.
Here is for reference the list of existing souls, and what they do (its just an extract from the database without formatting). Plus the DB and Resources from SV. I don't have the source files.
https://mega.nz/#!574GwCaR!2OIQxqTp6yztjyAc-EKHonimjsvwWJt9Gzn9bhF_jJU
https://mega.nz/#!0j5W2IwT!fkCs_Sc2d-WMb8YmtihYo4On95HxnK7J1oqZxrXZ2Is
https://mega.nz/#!gqgAFSIJ!RdDFK7Q-hEoVLcKrUMQbU4-WpaQ-ZhOeute5nTgyIJE

For affixes : OK, but i'd like to have a list of what they do if you have it. Or send me the files, I'll see what can be done (I don't know if too much affixes is a good thing actually, because the more you have the less chances you have to drop every single one of them)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal