Author Topic: botebote's A Certain Magical Challenge  (Read 16029 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
botebote's A Certain Magical Challenge
« on: 24 March 2019, 07:14:09 »
Greetings to everyone. I am proposing a new hardcore challenge. This is centered around xmax x3 and hybrid stat characters. Due to those eccentricities, I don't know if anyone is interested to join :) but anyway i am listing the rules just in case

1.) Must be played xmax x3. The Achaean Pass quest and 3 sisters quest seems to be bugged on any versions of xmax. For those quests, completing in vanilla is allowed. Why only x3? Because i lag too much in full xmax. This way, those who play on low end PCs can also join

2.) Regarding the hybrid part, the more i think of it, the more i think this part is complicated. So i decided to make it a little simple. Feel free to put your stats wherever you want, so long as beginning act 3 epic, you are required to be wearing at least one warrior item and one mage item. No requirements on stats so as to allow the use of requirement reductions. For characters with rune, you are required to equip at least one warrior item besides weapon and shield. But i don't mean low quality warrior or mage item. Mage items should be at least with 350 int requirement and Warrior items should be at least with 400 str requirement. Those are because some purple mage items only require 350+ int and some purple warrior items only with 400+ str.  Again this rule only starts at epic act 3. Why epic at 3? Because at xmax HC challenge, you only get listed on the fallen heroes once you reach epic act 3. AND it's difficult to play hybrid starting from lvl 1. You can choose whatever class you want and whatever playstyle you want (even a petmaster) so long as you meet above requirements

2.5) Dual wield elemental melee builds are allowed, however you build it. Even if it doesn't meet rule 2 requirements. However, elemental melees with rune relying on runeword: feather should still show it looks like a hybrid by following rule 2. No easy way out  :P

3.) Unedited pics of 1st and 2nd page is required after every boss kills (pls hide the pics in spoilers)

4.) You are NOT required to kill random bosses like Shadowmaw and Dactyl BUT if they spawn, you are required to kill them. Permanent secret bosses (toxeus and others in secret passage, primrose passage, Hydra, dragon liche in act 3, and manticore) should be played. If you don't have overlord yet, farm for it and go back to the secret passage. Same for primrose passage. On epic and legendary, killing manticore is required. Also Dragon Liche - Lord of the Undead in act 3. Same for Hydra on legendary. You are NOT required to complete all maps. (side tip: hydra loves to attack pets)

5.) No escape quits

6.) No accomplished heroes

7.) Use of corselet of freyja and giant's tooth is NOT allowed. (i just hate those stupidly OP items). Use of the orb * is also not allowed as well as any edited cheat items. No MIshop mod items

8.) Transfer of legendary blacksmith quest reward enhanced items between characters are allowed but the use of said items are limited to one on normal, two on epic, and three on legendary. This is to prevent equipping 6 legendary blacksmith enhanced items.

Twinking is allowed but if you want to play self-found, feel free to do so. Potions are allowed but if you also want to play no potions, you are a crazy masochist. Feel free to do so. Just a reminder, this IS a hardcore challenge. One death and you're out

I am open to suggestions so if you want to suggest some rule changes or additional rules, pls post it in the comments section

If anyone is interested to join, I will update as much as i can. You will just see it on this main page

So why the title? Let's just say it's a tribute to the first character to join this challenge

botebote77 - Shirai Kuroko - prophet lvl 63 Rhodes (twinked)
« Last Edit: 27 April 2019, 20:35:38 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: botebote's A Certain Magical Challenge
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2019, 07:17:15 »
First character to join: Shirai Kuroko
she is just a stormcaller for now.. lvl 7

Spoiler for Hiden:

i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2019, 07:33:30 »
- Can i use TQVault to storage items and combine all health/mana potions to 1 slot( to save inventory space)?
- Just Corslet of Freyja vaf Gian's Tooth is not allowed? All other items allows?
- Should discover, run to unlock( no fog) all place on maps, except when you don't have key to open some place.
- Dactyl at x3 is somehow not danger as at xmax or Massboss, the most dangerous thing with almost builds is Torxeus :v

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2019, 08:03:02 »
- Can i use TQVault to storage items and combine all health/mana potions to 1 slot( to save inventory space)?
- Just Corslet of Freyja vaf Gian's Tooth is not allowed? All other items allows?
- Should discover, run to unlock( no fog) all place on maps, except when you don't have key to open some place.
- Dactyl at x3 is somehow not danger as at xmax or Massboss, the most dangerous thing with almost builds is Torxeus :v

1) yes
2) yes except cheat items and the orb *
3) do you mean completing all maps? if so, no except hydra, secret passage and primrose passage (for those with ragnarok)

(added some clarifications on rule 2 hybrid part)
« Last Edit: 24 March 2019, 08:10:01 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2019, 08:09:59 »

1) yes
2) yes except cheat items
3) do you mean completing all maps? if so, no except hydra, secret passage and primrose passage

(added some clarifications on rule 2 hybrid part)

- Do i need to completing all maps at any difficult mode, or only Legendary? Because if someone play without items they already have from other character, hard to have all keys to run Secrect passage, Prism Rose at Normal, Epic. Or we can rush to Legendary, get all key needed then comeback to Normal, Epic to unlock and completing them?
- Does farming is free to do, right?
I mean if fresh character, don't use any items from other character, it should be farming to get items( can be much) before fight some boss.
- I play game with Nymph mod( character display mod) addon version( so can run game with all custom maps), that addon mod don't change any game mechanic( as far as i know and tested long time). Does is ok?
- Should you require monster kill counts( for non pet character and pet character)?.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2019, 08:15:32 »
1) you don't have to complete all maps.. so completing the primrose key is not needed if you already have it
2) yes.. twinked and self-found are allowed
3) as long as it doesn't change anything except appearance, yes
4) no
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2019, 08:22:30 »
1) you don't have to complete all maps.. so completing the primrose key is not needed if you already have it
2) yes.. twinked and self-found are allowed
3) as long as it doesn't change anything except appearance, yes
4) no
So may be i will joint this challenge, farming long enough to get more items, lvlup, skills up before fight some tough boss.
And ofcourse get gold from farming to change skill anytime. Maximum gold need to respec 1 skill point is 45k gold :D.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 24 March 2019, 20:11:07 »
added an 8th rule

@icefreeze , it's ok?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2019, 20:42:32 »
added an 8th rule

@icefreeze , it's ok?
You mean the items that enchanted by Legendary Blacksmith's Quest at Dark Lands, or items that add relic/charm ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2019, 21:15:43 »
the legendary blacksmith quest
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2019, 04:51:01 »
the legendary blacksmith quest
Lol, I just finished about >10 characters with 3 difficult mode that quest but enchanted with that Blacksmith about 1 or 2 items for now.
Feel free to set that rule :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 25 March 2019, 12:33:30 »
Shirai Kuroko is now lvl 15 at Crisaeos Falls.. still a stormcaller

Spoiler for Hiden:
cyclops

arachne

i still don't know what my 2nd mastery will be but i always start storm the same way so I'm almost mechanical at this stage

Shirai Kuroko looks more like her onee-sama railgun.. if anyone even knows what i mean
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2019, 06:33:14 »
About stats and items, i think i shouldn't must using some warriors gears.
Hybrid have many type, Str:Dex, Str:Dex:Int, Dex:Int, Str:Int( of course Dex is still need enough to using gear for any builds that don't using Dex to boost dmg.
E.g: i play characters that allocation stats point into Dex and Int, so how can they wearing warriors' armors?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2019, 09:50:26 »
E.g: i play characters that allocation stats point into Dex and Int, so how can they wearing warriors' armors?
that's part of the challenge dude.. 2 stat builds are too simple  :))
besides, all mage gear with weapon and shield is allowed.. as long as it meets required str on the rules (400) (the shield req, not your stats) (and except rune)

update for Shirai Kuroko

finished act 1.. stormcaller 22 - rhakotis

Spoiler for Hiden:
gorgon queens

alastor

mino lord (almost died against these big baddies)

telkine

« Last Edit: 29 March 2019, 09:57:02 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2019, 11:03:49 »
If that so i think this challenge is should called " 3 stats character Challenge ".
And it will limited number of effective builds. Because there are some class that don't have skill to get boost from any typical stats.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal