Author Topic: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins  (Read 488113 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins
« Reply #1005 on: 17 June 2022, 16:50:04 »
Okay, that is pretty amazing nargil.  :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #1006 on: 18 June 2022, 09:33:38 »
Thanks BG ;D It was a good challenge

Here is a more polished version (could be part of SV probably, depends on soa):

This time i changed the approach and instead of props used different animation channels and shrinked root bones. I think it's better now, transition points between differernt animals are more smooth than in the previous video.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2022, 09:37:19 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #1007 on: 18 June 2022, 19:03:25 »
When I first saw this technique, I was thinking the same thing, changing the scale of the model dynamically to make the transitions flow in a way that was easier on the eye, less jarring.

I just assumed it couldn't be done lol

The truth is that I couldn't do it :))

But you did it you sonofab*tch, you really did it :D

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1008 on: 19 June 2022, 04:15:58 »
« Last Rated on: 13 July 2022, 21:48:34 »
Haha, first time it makes me happy to be called sonofab*tch  :D
Btw, you probably imagine it harder than it is... some day i'll write a tutorial, and you will see it's easy. Just a lot of back and forth with renaming and combining root bones in animations, but nothing too complex.

Continuing on Proteus - more tweaks on skills, changed textures and such:

For those who want to learn more about who he is in myths, here is some info:
PROTEUS (Prôteus), the prophetic old man of the sea (halios gerôn), occurs in the earliest legends as a subject of Poseidon, and is described as seeing through the whole depth of the sea, and tending the flocks (the seals) of Poseidon (Hom. Od. iv. 365, 385, 400; Virg. Georg. iv. 392 ; Theocr. ii. 58; Horat. Carm. i. 2. 7; Philostr. Icon. ii. 17). He resided in the island of Pharos, at the distance of one day's journey from the river Aegyptus (Nile), whence he is also called the Egyptian (Hom. Od. iv. 355, 385).
And here is a description of the various forms he changes into:
For in their grasp the Old Man Proteus took on changing shapes, weaving his limbs into many mimic images. He spotted his body into a dappleback panther. He made his limbs a tree, and stood straight up on the earth a selfgrown spire, shaking his leaves and whistling a counterfeit whisper to the North Wind. He scored his back well with painted scales and crawled as a serpent; he rose in coils squeezing his belly, and with a dancing throb of his curling tail's tip he twirled about, lifted his head and spat hissing from gaping throat and grinning jaws a shooting shower of poison. So from one shadowy shape to another in changeling form he bristled as a lion, charged as a boar, flowed as water--the Indian company clutched the wet flood in threatening grasp, but found the pretended water slipping through their hands. So the crafty Old Man changed into many and varied shapes . . .
Source:
https://www.theoi.com/Pontios/Proteus.html

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1009 on: 20 June 2022, 06:49:26 »
Upcoming god model - Sun Wukong (Monkey King):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Testing animations (more martial style, WIP):
« Last Edit: 20 June 2022, 21:38:20 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1010 on: 21 June 2022, 01:45:53 »
Tonight i'll do something more fun than animations. Here is a new set with more exotic looks (possibly can fit Atlantis):
Spoiler for Hiden:
People had requested Aztec/Mayan Act before... that's beyond my capabilities, but this is the least i can do :)

Modified Chimera to make Mushussu (Babylonian monster):

Need some fixes, retexturing and add horns, to make it look like this:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit - more finished:
« Last Edit: 21 June 2022, 11:25:39 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1011 on: 22 June 2022, 02:27:23 »
Back on the exotic "witch doctor's" set from previous post - made a special enemy to carry it - Atlantean Pygmy:
Spoiler for Hiden:

In Greek mythology the Pygmies are a tribe of small humans that live in the farthest south part of the world, near the shores of world-encircling river Okeanos. They have a sworn enemy - the crane birds, and are constantly in war with them.
In this case i decided to add them to Atlantis, since it's a "lost world". I may add some more animalistic features to the model later (like sharp teeth) + war paint to make them more savage-looking. But they will be of Humankind race, since there are not enough humans in TQ.

Edit - almost ready to export:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit2 - The work on Pygmies continues... i ported them to the game, just to find out that their feet sink in the ground and their stance is "unstable". I used bones from child peasant NPC, thinking it was a good idea... but it wasn't. So i skinwrapped from Keres, because their animation fits best. This time it worked - no more sinking, no more floating. Now i face a second problem - some of their new sounds crash the game. I have to check them one by one to find which one is glitching. Damn it.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2022, 02:28:05 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1012 on: 23 June 2022, 17:17:14 »
Today's progress - all sounds are fixed. Here is an early preview of the Pygmies:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Need to reduce their vox sound chance, because it's annoying right now.

Edit - Added warpaint, reduced sound frequency, increased their speed, slightly reduced size. They are now a type of greenskin (like Goblins) and of Beastman race.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Edit 2 - something I did last night:
« Last Edit: 24 June 2022, 10:28:07 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1013 on: 27 June 2022, 02:24:07 »
Last two days i'm a bit tired to work on more "serious" mods... and i know that i said that the last Ariadne is final, but... the truth is when i work on the model, it helps me recharge and relax. So i probably won't stop tweaking her in the future. And she improves by a little bit each time, so why stop? That model and the goal of making a pretty/sexy female chatacter for my favorite game was one of the main reasons i started learning 3ds max and Blender in the first place. Here is a link to the latest iteration:
Previews link (contains nudity, you have to confirm your age to see it):
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have pretty much reached my limits here, BUT there are still possible ways the model can be improved further:
1. I can try to contact someone with experience in 3d sculpting/knowledge in anatomy and ask for pointers or help.
2. Can also try to find someone who can weight paint the model (because i hit a "stone wall" each time i try).
3. Or search a way to weight paint it in Blender and then somehow export back to 3dsmax... (as for now I don't know how to do it properly). At this stage i think the model is looking too good to have those ugly deformations. Imagine all the awesome new goddesses that i can do with a fixed Ariadne as base...

Speaking of goddesses, found this nice outfit yesterday (from Sims 4 mod):
Spoiler for Hiden:

Now my hands are itching to make an alt variant of Persephone, i think it will fit great for her.

Edit - Here she is, almost ready to export:
Spoiler for Hiden:

I'm only not sure about the hair, may search for more epic one.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2022, 07:20:46 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline brsamael

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1014 on: 27 June 2022, 20:38:06 »
Please tell me how to replace the model of one item with another? Specifically interested in EE staves. I unpacked Resources\XPack4\Item.arc, found the staff I needed, replaced it with file-by-file renaming to another one, from a folder nearby, adjusted it to Database. Changed the path - "XPack4/Item/equipmentweapon/..." and "Item/equipmentweapon/..." and "Items/equipmentweapon/...". But there are no changes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1015 on: 27 June 2022, 22:52:09 »
Please tell me how to replace the model of one item with another? Specifically interested in EE staves. I unpacked Resources\XPack4\Item.arc, found the staff I needed, replaced it with file-by-file renaming to another one, from a folder nearby, adjusted it to Database. Changed the path - "XPack4/Item/equipmentweapon/..." and "Item/equipmentweapon/..." and "Items/equipmentweapon/...". But there are no changes.
Weird, what you did seems right... even the model is not changing? Which staff you want to replace? I can try do it and then send it to you, just as example.

---

After some sleep, finally found a hair that will fit more. It reminds me a bit of Arwen's hair from Lord of the Rings. I think it's perfect:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline brsamael

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1016 on: 27 June 2022, 23:08:44 »
Weird, what you did seems right... even the model is not changing? Which staff you want to replace? I can try do it and then send it to you, just as example.
Strength of the Nile. Ideally, I want to replace it with Praxidikae. For the sake of simplicity, I myself tried to replace it with Dream Whisperer, Dragon King's Staff, Pride of the Fallen.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1017 on: 28 June 2022, 00:15:06 »
« Last Rated on: 28 June 2022, 07:02:42 »
Ok, give me some time until tomorrow, i'll see what i can do. Just to finish Persephone first.

@brsamael Here is Strenght of the Nile replaced with Praxidikae:
Spoiler for Hiden:
See attachments for download.

I forgot thet in Xpack 4 each item is in a separate folder. Just unpack the ARC and follow the pattern.

Btw, Persephone will be delayed, because the new accessories are too HD (have to reduce the poly count) and the dress is not properly skinwrapped.
« Last Edit: 28 June 2022, 05:32:54 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline brsamael

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1018 on: 28 June 2022, 07:03:53 »
@brsamael Here is Strenght of the Nile replaced with Praxidikae:
Spoiler for Hiden:
See attachments for download.
But I did the same thing, why didn't it work?.. In any case, thank you very much, I will continue to experiment based on your files.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline NervProtocol

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #1019 on: 02 July 2022, 03:25:30 »
Hello, good nights/evenings/mornings for all. I'm pretty new to the game. (Installed yesterday) I like the gameplay and stuff but I'm kinda dissapointed bcs there's no customization of characters at all. That's why I'm here :) and luckily I found this post and this tremendous piece of passionate modder. I've been watching your works and d##m, you've done a pretty good work through years!

The thing is: how can I use the skins that you create in my game?. I have the clean installation, as I say the game was installed yesterday. Hope you can give me an insight bcs there are beauty skins that I would like to play with instead of the default ones!

Cheers!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal