Author Topic: TQ Vault, TQIT vs. TQITAE and other questions  (Read 2080 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
TQ Vault, TQIT vs. TQITAE and other questions
« on: 18 October 2022, 17:30:18 »
I reinstalled TQIT Anniversary Edition from Steam . TQ Vault did not work. I then went to https://github.com/EtienneLamoureux/TQVaultAE as recommended on the forum, and installed that version. It wouldn't work either. I get the following message when I try to start it:
“The vault path was not set.
Using the default setting.
Please verify the vault path with the configuration dialogue.”

I followed the instructions on the troubleshooting page to address this problem, but it still wouldn't work. So, I uninstalled the Steam TQIT Anniversary Edition, and installed the game from my original discs (Yes, I still have them!). But, the older version of TQVault I have on my computer is configured for the anniversary edition and it won't work either: “Index was outside the bounds of the array.”

So, what version of TQ Vault do I need and where can I get it?

Now, the TQIT Anniversary Edition is superior to the original TQIT in a number of ways, so other than problems with the vault why should I use it? The answer is I have a working version of The Defiler. And, I understand from browsing the forum that The Defiler is out of date and doesn't work with these newer versions of TQIT  Anniversary Edition. So, I am very happy to have the Defiler.

Inventory space
I seem to remember that here is a mod that increases inventory slots. What is it called and where can I get it? I particularly need it if I stick with the original version of QQIT (potions are limited to stacks of 5).

Where can I get downloads for TQIT such as Mastery Mods? The link for the forum labeled IT downloads does not work.

On a whole other note, do I remember correctly that for a pure caster it is ill advised to invest points in energy? Or am I mistaken about that.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2022, 17:39:36 by Cleglaw »
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: TQ Vault, TQIT vs. TQITAE and other questions
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2022, 20:15:54 »
I reinstalled TQIT Anniversary Edition from Steam . TQ Vault did not work. I then went to https://github.com/EtienneLamoureux/TQVaultAE as recommended on the forum, and installed that version. It wouldn't work either. I get the following message when I try to start it:
“The vault path was not set.
Using the default setting.
Please verify the vault path with the configuration dialogue.”
You should get this message only on first start of TQVaultAE. The tool should automatically detect your game path and maybe your savegame path as well. Otherwise you can set them manually. I'm using the current TQVaultAE 4.3.0 with TQ AE version 2.10.5 (GOG) and it is working fine.

Now, the TQIT Anniversary Edition is superior to the original TQIT in a number of ways, so other than problems with the vault why should I use it? The answer is I have a working version of The Defiler. And, I understand from browsing the forum that The Defiler is out of date and doesn't work with these newer versions of TQIT  Anniversary Edition. So, I am very happy to have the Defiler.
There are multiple versions of the Defiler. The newer DotNet version 1.3.9 doesn't work with TQ AE.
The old Visual Basic version 3.4.5 does, somewhat. All the patches for the exe don't work, but you can still make some edits to your characters, change stats for example.
Still, for character changes you should use TQ Respec.

As for inventory space - I don't know of an up-to-date mod for that. I modified the game myself for this purpose, using this tutorial. Sorry, it's in German, but you may find another in English if you search for it.

Caster characters should get enough energy from their masteries, but you can also try to get some gear with lowered energy cost or some increased energy regeneration to help manage the energy pool. So far, I didn't have the need to invest attribute points in energy.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2022, 01:09:55 »
Thanks. Maybe I entered the path incorrectly. I'll have to redownload the steam version.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2022, 06:50:19 »
Make sure you turn off cloud saving with TQ, the game doesn't like it at all.  Use local saves only.

Pathing for both the TQ and IT paths should be Steam - steamapps - common - Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

Vault path is Username - Documents - My Games - Titan Quest - TQVaultData

Note that the Vault data is in Titan Quest and NOT Titan Quest Immortal Throne which is where you character save folder will be.

TQDefiler is years out of date and even its replacement - GDDefiler which covers both TQ and Grim Dawn - is also years behind.  Soulseekkor still does plan to update the latter, but when he'll ever get around to that ...... 

As said TQRespec can do some editing and you can also use TQVault for some of that as well now. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2022, 02:10:17 »
I cannot get the vault to work. I am going to give up on it and just set up mules; I used to do that with D2.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal