Author Topic: Can someone explain the rarity of affixes?  (Read 3108 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Feli900

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Can someone explain the rarity of affixes?
« on: 06 January 2022, 13:07:09 »
Hey guys, I'm new here.

So I was farming for the Soldier's Unyielding Will shield hoping I'd get a decent one and I noticed the game favors certain affixes over others. From the 9 shields I got, 4 of them had the "of Erudition" suffix and at least 1 or 2 that I didn't pick up. Do affixes have different rarities or is it just bad luck? Also is it possible to drop one in legendary difficulty with the "of Focus" suffix, even though it's a level 25 suffix? I can't find any information on that.

Another thing, I tried to get Hale rings of Immortality from vendors and what confuses me is, for example, the one in Rhodes almost exclusively sells "Wraithlord's" rings and whatnot, but has like twice the amount of rings than others. I thought it's entirely random. Any suggestion what vendor and difficulty is best to do this? Or maybe a boss that likes rings I can farm with Massbosses?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Can someone explain the rarity of affixes?
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2022, 01:01:58 »
1. Do affixes have different rarities or is it  ... >> Affixes are weighted on item drop pools based on what the "stipulated" zone level is. So if u need a lvl 25 affix, I'd say u need to farm late Act 2. Now since Unyielding will only drop from formicids, devs add a lower weight to affixes from earlier zones on such an MI.

2. "Of focus" i could only spot 2 items in my vaults & both were helms, dunno if it's supposed to drop on shields but I have seen "of concentration" a LOT on vendor staffs megara to delphi normal, so hit megara to delphi epic vendors to check maybe.

3. Green/yellow jewellery does not drop from bosses routinely, more from chests. Massbosses bumps equipped green drops so that's also not viable at bosses. In my personal observation, birds (harpies, crows etc) drop more jewellery than other mobs.

If you're getting blocked on progression, u may wanna try either Blacksmith tool or MI shop mod, smithy tool is VERY VERY limited in what u can get from it but MI vendor mod is harder to get & deploy these days.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2022, 23:08:15 »
Correction :(

https://imgur.com/a/l3UO83r

PS: don't know why i cant paste snips here

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Feli900

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2022, 16:01:50 »
Thank you. Yeah, "of Focus" is able to roll on shields, that's what TQDB says. I was trying to get something similar IceFreeze is using in his Guardian build, MI shield with -20% recharge. I'm just guessing it's that suffix, can't find anything similar.

So what would be the best difficulty and vendor to get Hale rings of Immortality? Does it even matter? I found one Hale ring in legendary Megara I think, but for example in Rhodes there's nothing like that. Checked like 100 times and never found anything but the same 3-5 affixes on his rings.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2022, 21:10:39 »
Hale is 21, Ive seen hale drop in on Changan magic vendor normal (yes normal) very rarely, esp now since current Changan arcanist has low jewellery stock. Immortality is Legendary ofc, I used to see it a lot on Elysium portal arcanist on TQIT (Pre-AE).

For vendor farming I used to cycle between Elysium >> Plains of Judgement arcanist,

Again, since Smithy tool is pretty rudimentary, for green jewellery, i very highly recommend ShopMI mod, finding it & making it work will be your personal nightmare, sorry :(

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal