Author Topic: my caster paladin trying to finish game from normal to legendary without 0 death  (Read 3962 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
I'm at normal 1 atm. Just killes polyphemus without any problem. Starting with storm but going melee for now, till I get torrent max, after I'll bump all points to %cold damage skills, and will switch to defense for some survivalbility. Also trying to get Oracle set for msss shotgun ice shards, just found its helmet but I'll need one more piece of it at least for boosting my mana regen.

Is that ice shard paladin viable for legendary? I'm always playing hardcore (0) death and untwinked.

Ino it's gonna be chancelling but is it viable and is it possible to finish whole game without 0 desth.

Is it able to finish the gsme with 0 desth

Thanks!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Don't know if anyone's tried it myself.  I like seeing people trying out odd builds in the game though.  I've got a staff using Paladin myself, again not very far along so no idea whether it can complete the game or not. 

I think your main problem will be gear - unless you're using caster gear you're going to need str/dex to wear the other stuff while intel will boost your damage so you may spread yourself a bit too thin attribute wise.

If you decide it's not working for you here's an old tqcalc made by Irma2 for an elemental Paladin which may help.

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Paladin&master1=8&master2=5&sa=21&m1=32-0-10-6-0-8-8-0-12-0-0-0-6-12-0-0-1-1-0-8-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-1-6-1-1-8-6-6-6-1-6-1-6-8-2-6-12-1-6-0-0-0

He said to use a sword for this build which is why it doesn't take Concussive Blow.  And you'd have more points to play with since this was for the original TQ/IT and doesn't include Ragnarok and Atlantis points.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
@MedeaFleecestealer weird. why do you even fancy a staff for a caster paladin when you have armor handling?

@Bughuul I've played this before but in TQIT. there is an easier way to get some reduced energy cost early game self-found. golden fleece and spellbound amulet. you spend some 30 min to 1 hour doing nothing but visiting merchants in act 2. they probably sell it in later acts but just from experience, it's easier to find in act 2

mid to late game, i suggest a weightless torso armor. but scratch that. maybe a tinkerer armor with epic and legendary golden fleece? then maybe you can let go of spellbound amulet? after all you have access to strength based armor because of armor handling. i don't know.

exotic carapace would be a good shield. i don't think persephones caress is necessary. i would even say don't go for it because it requires too much strength and armor handling doesn't cover weapon strength requirements. a simple neiths will should do. or maybe even blue dragon scales. or maybe a spear with +1 all skills if you find one.

no deaths, i would think it's possible as long as you play it carefully
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well, iirc he's not casting much, just Squall. And I just wanted to be a bit crazy and see how it would work.   :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well, I died early... I gave up on my paladin for now and did vitality damage based caster Diviner but died early as well.. however it was my first time on Tartarus, and I stucked in somewhere, idk if it was me or kinda bug shit but I couldn't move and died slowly lol. Need to read and watch some things before I do Atlantis if I want 0 death..

Now, looking for a new and interesting toon, and cannot decide what can I run. ToE based pet ritualist, maybe reflection Templar for finishing the game, but they both seem unattractive. Any recommendation @botebote77 I know you play with kinda extraordinary hybrids or something, give me some suggestions that I can play with tons of fun, and viable on legendary and for no death style of playing!
« Last Edit: 01 November 2021, 08:05:51 by Bughuul »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Also created a Guardian and it's so zZzz.. just finished Act 1. Killing speed will suffer later it seems so lol. Ino killing speed is not that important when it comes to hardcore 0 death but I like to have fast killing speed personally..

Waiting for some recommendations!

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This game doesn't really have fast killing speed especially not early in the game.  Fastest killing is probably a pet build, but even then you're not talking anywhere near PoE clear speeds. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
if you have Atlantis, dream + earth psionic beam. start with dream and try to rush psionic beam. just put 1pt on earth mastery and 1pt on earth enchantment
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
if you have Atlantis, dream + earth psionic beam. start with dream and try to rush psionic beam. just put 1pt on earth mastery and 1pt on earth enchantment
Hmm tell me more about it please!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
so i used to play an evoker but died because my mouse battery was dying, it literally stops responding for some milliseconds then moves again. I've had a new battery ever since, but it's too late

it was built around tinkerer staff with prometheus flame and anubis wrath, and SB cuffs with primal magma. after act 3, and before i start act 4, i merchant farm in Atlantis for a tinkerer fire staff

you have those 2 items, skills will be straightforward. earth enchantment and psionic beam. my trance was ToC

you might not need to put any on str even though legendary SB cuffs requires 170 str. you'll get some str from act 4 quests, and you might get some str from other items. but if you really have to, it's just around 8pts. no big deal
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
nope. did a quick calculation

dream - 80 str

lampidos potion normal and stygian lurker - +10 str
epic - +14 str

50+80+10+14 = 154

170-154 = 16
16 ÷ 4 = 4

need only 4 pts to str. that's without any + str from items
« Last Edit: 03 November 2021, 08:14:25 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Will def try it, thanks!

Also do you play nowadays?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
@botebote77 also trying hybrid spellbinder, life drain all the way - vit damage focused gear, str int dex hybrid stats (min str, just for gear, and int scales vit very well) and new atlantis skill ofc, should be viable for 0 death, what ya think?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
no    :P
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I started with ice sharder paladin yesterday. 0 death/hardcore untwinked. Just killed Typhon. Things were very easy. But I know it's getting serious from Act IV. Let's see if I finish whole game with paladin - deathless.

My gear atm,

Head - stheno's helm (diogenes)
Weapon - shitty green with %8-10 cold/frostburn damage (what can I use for this one.. mmhmm, blue dragon's for recharge and energy cost?)
Shield - jin dun
Torso - prowler's cuirass with golden fleece - rolled with vit resist
Arms - oracle for fast mana regen
Legs - same as above
Artifact - touch of the fool (for energy cost and casting speed, but can switch it for something else)

Any recommendations are welcomed!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal