Author Topic: Untwinked hardcore no potion challenge  (Read 7210 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Untwinked hardcore no potion challenge
« on: 28 January 2019, 17:58:00 »
Hi guys,

Not sure if this challenge has been suggested here before:

1) Untwinked hardcore, as the title suggests.
2) No health OR energy potions allowed.
3) -Recharge and "N% reduction to damage by X monster type" usage capped at 50% (this could be further lowered).
4) You are not obliged to complete all side quests, but you DO need to kill all special/secret bosses, including a Dactyl, in all 3 difficulties. Secret passage is not included, as I don't view it as part of the actual game, but more of an Easter egg/end-game content.
5) Strictly unmodded (no Xmax accelerated farming).
6) No Esc-Quits.

The challenge is not as extreme as naked hardcore, but it's still very fun and refreshing. Balancing your hero build between damage, resistances and health/energy regeneration can be quite tricky!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Untwinked hardcore no potion challenge
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2019, 21:46:49 »
Almost forgot!

7) [only for real hardcore junkies] NO magic scrolls allowed (insert evil laughter)  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2019, 07:34:54 »
Not come across this one before so good luck with it.  :)

Stormyboy did complete the Xmax HC with no potions on the old forum and is currently trying it again in the challenge here.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2019, 08:52:04 »
I'm new here so I don't know how long ago "old forum" refers to... Was it back when recharge wasn't capped? Also, was his toon tweaked? If he did the Xmax no potion challenge untweaked and without abusing -recharge gear, then mad props to this lad. But with those 2 things on the table, I can easily see a stacked Guardian, for example, making it through. If anything Xmax could play into your favor when Plague is on the table  ;D

Also, regarding my own version of the challenge - I've completed this once back in the days of TQIT with a Champion, wielding an Onager. Regeneration is buffed in Ragnarok, but on the other hand you've got Vitality/Bleeding resistance to worry about, so in a way, it might get much harder later on. I'm currently giving it a go with a Juggernaut (only Act II so nothing interesting to share yet) - I'll keep you updated on my progress  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2019, 09:23:27 »
The old titanquest.net forum closed in the autumn of 2017 suddenly and without warning.  Stormyboy ran his Haruspex untwinked and is doing the same in the new Xmax challenge.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2019, 09:40:32 »
Ah, Haruspex... yikes!

I try to steer away from the Dream mastery, as it seems too godly for my liking. It's just so damn good in combination with literally anything. Or maybe they nerfed it and it no longer is - to be honest, I wouldn't know as I crossed it from the hero table a long time ago. Perhaps I should reconsider picking it up :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2019, 09:52:28 »
autumn is like the ber months right? we had this conversation before on reddit.. it was dated april 2017

https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/64ptjk/what_happened_to_titanquestnet/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ%3D%3D

i wonder if the "old guard" the dude was referring to was you guys  ;)

and if you read my comment there.. it seems my wish had been granted.. so thank you guys  :)

and the topic starter of that thread is now a member of this forum although he's currently silent
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2019, 10:17:08 »
Yes, fall for you Yanks.  ;)

And yes, a lot of the "old guard" did migrate to GD, though many of us were there right at the beginning supporting Medierra in his efforts to get the game made.  Others came later as word spread of his new project, then the Kickstarter, etc. There's a long thread on the whole sorry TQ.net saga over on the GD forum.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38608

What really annoyed me was the first loss of the site for several weeks for which iEntry apologised and then they went and cut us off dead with no warning anyway.  Tried e-mailing them a couple of times to find out what was going on and got no response and I don't think anyone else did either.  Another crazy thing to me as well is that iEntry's boss still pays several thousand a year to keep the domain name for which he now has no use whatsoever.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2019, 10:24:34 »
tqrunner, yeah I think Haruspex is still a pretty powerful class to play.

And if you haven't yet discovered TQIT's spiritual successor Grim Dawn, then hop over to the forum and have a look see.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/index.php

As said Medierra who was lead game designer for TQ/IT started working on it way back in 2008-9 after Iron Lore closed down.  The Kickstarter he ran in 2012 was very successful and enabled him to hire full time staff.  Even so the game wasn't fully released until February 2016, though it was in early access on Steam from 2013.  An expansion for the game adding two new masteries, two more Acts, new factions, etc, was released in October 2017 and in March last year Crate announced a second expansion Forgotten Gods which is due out any time between now and end of March.  That will add another new mastery, a new Act, some new factions, etc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2019, 11:17:49 »
I did have a peek at Green Dawn a long time ago, when it was still a work in progress. I found it rather "aesthetically unpleasing" at the time, so I never really gave it a try =)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2019, 15:27:40 »
Yeah, it's not bright since it's a world at war.  But it uses the TQ engine which has been much overhauled and improved and the skill system of course.  A lot of work has been done on the atmospheric feel of the game so it may not be to your taste.  I know a lot of people don't particularly like it. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2019, 18:39:17 »
I think it is possible that problem with old forum originated much before this topic http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38608 because before they started to slowly shutting it down periodically, all the time weird things were going on there, long loading pages (sometimes infinite) and even some redirects to who knows where, different errors, anti-virus reports, cloud-flare report deceptive site - if I'm right about this or just browser, and forum software was too buggy and unstable to keep going. Saying all this because I reported 2 or more times different problems that happened to me while trying to visit forum, remembered that Father Squid was without solution or idea for my problem. Father Squid was most of time powerless so he had to request some things to be done by not known person to most of us.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal