Author Topic: Problem with keypresses in TQ  (Read 2762 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hal900x

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Problem with keypresses in TQ
« on: 24 January 2018, 23:45:11 »
I am unable to register simultaneous key presses in TQ, including mouse buttons. For example, if I want to Thunderstrike a group of mobs, then hold down LMB for main attack, while dropping Runic Mines and Seal of Fate I must release LMB for a full second before dropping the mines, and I cannot drop SoF and Mines at the same time. The keypresses are not buffered at all, and the game cannot accept multiple simultaneous button presses (about 70% of the time this is true, hard to be exact with a bunch of things going on). I wonder if this is an issue with TQ or my laptop. Laptops often have memory-resident programs that govern the keyboard, mouse, trackpad etc. I am looking into both sides and checking with you guys if this is common behavior in the meantime. Perhaps there is a key buffering section in an .INI file for TQ somewhere? Now that I'm into Legendary it's becoming more and more "fraction of a second" timing and this is now a problem, so thank you in advance.

EDIT: It could also be too MUCH buffering, for example a ton of LMB clicks filling up the keyboard buffer and preventing other presses from registering.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2018, 23:46:49 by Hal900x »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Problem with keypresses in TQ
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2018, 13:49:19 »
The only related issue that comes to my mind is the old slowcast bug of TQIT. Since then I haven't really noticed anything like this. Might still be a general problem that I just don't notice, however.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal