Author Topic: Is the champion guide still good  (Read 19776 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Is the champion guide still good
« on: 05 February 2019, 17:12:13 »
I wanted to try it and i saw the guide on steam, but 2 person in the comment said they changed a skill so you can't keep recasting up the ancestral warriors .

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-champion-guide/

And which equip should i use int based gears or strength gears

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Is the champion guide still good
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2019, 21:29:29 »
Check those videos, i think it can help you

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2019, 00:12:13 »
The Kirmizi guide seems outdated now. I guess that the intelligence route was motivated by pet bonus on staff.

Now with Ragnarok, you can find bonus pet on strength gear. Some new blues were clearly designed for a petmaster.
Ideally, your weapon would be the fervor of Leucetius if you can find one: https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/fervor-of-leucetius

Furthermore the strength route will give high armor so that you can fight next to your pets, with all the tools of the warfare class.
To my mind, ancestral warriors are not the key skill for a champion because of the cooldown, even with refresh.

Battle standard is the main skill.

It will help to boost your dps, you and your pets, and help you surviving a boss. BS should be maxed.
On the other hand, you can save points in the war horn tree, 1 pt is enough imo. But well it's more of a gameplay styte, war horn won't help you much against boss.
The onslaught tree deserves all the points you can afford too, even if you play with a throwing weapon. And Susceptibility in the plague tree for later difficulties.

« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 00:22:08 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2019, 02:42:06 »
there is merit to getting int.. and that is archmages clasp.. i know for a fact you can get ancestral warriors up at all times with CDR and refresh.. that said, the author lost me when he said:

str or int? choose only one

i been playing with a permanent battle standard build and experience says no matter what you do, you'll still end up in melee range most of the time.. especially in act 5

if it was me, i would build it somewhere in between of that guide and line of epic heroes build

edit:
requirement reduction
thoths glory
archmages clasp
gear dependent :)

edit 2:
BAKURYUHAAAAAA!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 03:32:35 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2019, 04:04:32 »
Woud a soothsayer be better ?, i already have my character at level 11 speced as a soothsayer, and i wanted to go champion instead but after seeing tgat it was changed/nerfed i think i might stay soothsayer, and i unfortunately used stats in int and dex only so far, should i go melee for a soothsayer aswell or stay the int route.

I do not own the dlc so some option might be out of reach

Also , i have another character i am building as a assassin, and i was wondering if there was a updated guide , the one i saw was from 2008 , and the one on steam dont show end build skill placement and is mostly using trap
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 04:11:42 by renkotsu »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2019, 00:13:03 »
don't want to steer you to any class..
just try 1 and stick with it  :))
ask questions if you must and we will answer
then after you get a feel for that class, try others
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2019, 02:02:49 »
Its still work, but need to be more research for items setup suitable.
Pet force build from The line of Epic Heroes guy is somehow weak to me, almost of his build, even with single game he played.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2019, 14:08:17 »
I play with key of elysiumn on my champion, I didn't focus on melee at all, just buffing pets. I went 3x pet jewellery and specced hybrid, I don't have archmages clasp but the idea was to get one eventually. I stopped playing it in legendary because it was a little boring, it's very strong though. People say you can't level with wolves but I found they worked fine, as long as you upgrade your pet jewellery along the way. The key of leysium randomly summons an ancestral warrior (i dual wield it) and with whirlwind I always proc at least one warrior and sometimes two. I tested to make sure the dual wielding stacks, and it does, you can get up to 5 warriors without using ancestral horn. the only problem is your dogs kill stuff so quickly you often won't be able to melee long enough to get them all 5 :p
« Last Edit: 07 February 2019, 14:10:01 by Billy_pilgrim »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2019, 14:53:29 »
I play with key of elysiumn on my champion, I didn't focus on melee at all, just buffing pets. I went 3x pet jewellery and specced hybrid, I don't have archmages clasp but the idea was to get one eventually. I stopped playing it in legendary because it was a little boring, it's very strong though. People say you can't level with wolves but I found they worked fine, as long as you upgrade your pet jewellery along the way. The key of leysium randomly summons an ancestral warrior (i dual wield it) and with whirlwind I always proc at least one warrior and sometimes two. I tested to make sure the dual wielding stacks, and it does, you can get up to 5 warriors without using ancestral horn. the only problem is your dogs kill stuff so quickly you often won't be able to melee long enough to get them all 5 :p
You can Combine Warwind + War Horn to summon soldier from Key of Elysium :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2019, 19:34:19 »
this is what i had in mind.. I'm not a fan of the nehemean lion hide set

and yes get war wind and war horn
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 07 February 2019, 20:25:18 »
i just remembered this build since you mentioned soothsayer.. this is a pure petmaster build

https://amp.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/72ydyj/summoning_build/

it is easier because of circle of power.. can't say better though in the long run.. but maybe with a bunch of mind controlled monsters and pet rings it can be on par

edit: skill distribution isn't so good.. but you get the idea:
hide in briar ward, cast circle of power, summon outsider, refresh, rinse repeat
« Last Edit: 07 February 2019, 20:30:02 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 08 February 2019, 00:37:11 »
I already added some point in the spirit tree so i am stuck as a soothsayer , doesn't really bother me

, also i plan on making a class that use a spear i was thinking rogue but i dont know which secondary to use, i already got a harbringer , so i dont really want to use dream or warfare mastery , what would be a great second mastery for this?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AXidenT

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 14 May 2019, 09:11:46 »
Is there any use for dex? I have an old champion I was going 2:1 Str:Dex on I think and feels like that Dex is a waste now - I think I was aiming to be able to equip Stonebinders Cuffs if I wanted to. Atlantis didn't introduce an option to respec attribute points like you can in Grim Dawn did it?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2019, 12:03:59 »
Dex boosts your Defensive Ability so yes you still need it.  And for Stonebinder's the Dex requirement is way higher than it used to be.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AXidenT

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 14 May 2019, 22:11:07 »
Dex boosts your Defensive Ability so yes you still need it.  And for Stonebinder's the Dex requirement is way higher than it used to be.

Ah that's annoying! I just checked and with a consistent 2:1 distribution and maxing out the Masteries it still gives enough Dex to wear them, so I think I'll stick with that distribution for now (unless I find I need to more energy or health I guess, though I seem to be doing ok without).

Do we know if Atlantis grants any bonus attributes or skill points?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal