Author Topic: Hamunaptra Mod - Development  (Read 92948 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Hamunaptra Mod - Development
« Reply #30 on: 05 May 2018, 19:25:43 »
Hype, hype, hype.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 07 May 2018, 10:58:17 »
Posted an update about the new area over on the website too  8) www.hamunaptramod.com

Definitely have the Forsaken Wastes in mind for a solid farming area, especially for gearing up before entering the 2nd chapter.  It'll be one of two places I'm working on that will be of a higher level than the rest of the initial content in the 1st chapter.  Of course, bosses will be throughout the other regions and worth running for certain MI's etc, but it's always good to have high level areas.  This leads to my next train of thought; Legendary items. 

By the time you unlock the western gate in Memphis leading out to the Wastes, you should be nearing late 20s to early level 30s, so am thinking that after having cleared this area as a kind of chapter one 'end game' you'll be gaining more levels and wanting to see some purple shinyness haha.  This also ties into my intention of being able to obtain all tiers of loot due to the mod not having the traditional difficulty progression.  So the difficulty in these areas will be high and rewards high too, particularly in places like the Tombs of the Lost.

Let me know your thoughts  ;D

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 07 May 2018, 15:37:41 »
...This also ties into my intention of being able to obtain all tiers of loot due to the mod not having the traditional difficulty progression.  So the difficulty in these areas will be high and rewards high too, particularly in places like the Tombs of the Lost.

Let me know your thoughts  ;D

Well! Your decision to confine the campaign to one difficulty could work. It would make Hamunaptra a shorter but tighter experience.

I can imagine the later parts of the game being totally frantic and heart-pounding. I like the idea. ^^

Also judging from you latest trailer I see that you've succesfully mimicked the tombs of Act 2 Diablo II. Ha! This is no small feat. This totally reminds me the desert "Dry Hills" in Diablo II.

Keep it up, Prosoro. 8)
« Last Edit: 07 May 2018, 15:40:24 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2018, 23:37:15 »
aaaand a familiar tomb entrance....
You got it   ;)

About gear, maybe a set or two dedicated to a fallen heroe in this area (like the Tal Rasha set in D2).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 14 May 2018, 21:45:40 »

Here's an editor shot of the Ancient City:

I dont know if you based it on some real map or made it by imagination, but it looks authentic... Nice work, Prosoro!

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 14 May 2018, 23:51:12 »

I dont know if you based it on some real map or made it by imagination, but it looks authentic... Nice work, Prosoro!

Spoiler for Hiden:

Hahah that Imhotep pic gave me a good laugh Nargil!

Thanks heaps for the positive feedback :J While I did reference screenshots and videos of Diablo's Act II, this was for inspiration and what you see is indeed my own creation :D I've actually since added more to the Ancient City last night to make it feel more 'complete'.  I'll upload another editor screenshot of it tonight.

@CrocMagnum You summed up my thoughts on difficulty progression exactly Croc, hopefully with a lot of playtesting and tweaking I'll be able to achieve this.  Appreciate your confidence for sir! And yeah, I worked hard on the tombs to try achieve the closest look while also keeping it unique :D

@Tauceti Nice idea! Perhaps have the set within a secret coffin somewhere...
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 15 May 2018, 13:53:39 »
Updated city shot as promised  :P ..still more to add to it though

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 06 June 2018, 13:58:43 »

Lately burnt out trying to make a boss work..  not much luck so far siiigh

Here's some kind of an altar I made though

Spoiler for Hiden:

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #38 on: 06 June 2018, 17:22:34 »
Updated city shot as promised  :P ..still more to add to it though

Looks better than the actual Egypt act... 0,0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 11 June 2018, 13:29:21 »
Looks better than the actual Egypt act... 0,0

Thanks WNG  ;)

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 11 June 2018, 14:01:37 »
New undead enemy - the Necro Priest! (first iteration, name/skillls still need final tweaking)

This guy is the first of a list of summoner type monsters I want to add to the mod.  The Necro Priest is the classic necromancer, raising skeletal legions to aid him in his diabolical, eternal quest to add the living to his ranks of undead minions.  One or two of these fellows aren't too much trouble to deal with, but beware! You can easily be ambushed by scores of them, and each Priest can raise four warriors at a time up to a max of eight at any one time.  Add to this all the other fiends of undeath that'll likely accompany them, along with their buffs, and you will be overwhelmed quickly!  :D 

Spoiler for Hiden:

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 11 June 2018, 14:10:04 »
New undead enemy - the Necro Priest! (first iteration, name/skillls still need final tweaking)

This guy is the first of a list of summoner type monsters I want to add to the mod.  The Necro Priest is the classic necromancer, raising skeletal legions to aid him in his diabolical, eternal quest to add the living to his ranks of undead minions.  One or two of these fellows aren't too much trouble to deal with, but beware! You can easily be ambushed by scores of them, and each Priest can raise four warriors at a time up to a max of eight at any one time.  Add to this all the other fiends of undeath that'll likely accompany them, along with their buffs, and you will be overwhelmed quickly!  :D 

Spoiler for Hiden:

I definetly like this unit. Just wondering if its minions vanish when it dies?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 11 June 2018, 23:27:42 »
Nice one, what is Egypt without it's necromancers? What is tht blue orb btw, or it's a secret :P?
P.S. Just an idea - have you ever tried to tick the summoned minions "Survive after Master Death"to 1 and see what happens? It might fix the freezing in the air bug if summoner is killed. Haven't the time to test it out, so I'm not sure.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 12 June 2018, 13:10:39 »
...Just wondering if its minions vanish when it dies?

Yeah as it is at the moment if you kill the Priest his summons will die.

Nice one, what is Egypt without it's necromancers? What is tht blue orb btw, or it's a secret :P?

Heha the mod just wouldn't be legitimate without them  ;D  and yeah that orb on the altar.. you'll have to find out when you play ^^

P.S. Just an idea - have you ever tried to tick the summoned minions "Survive after Master Death"to 1 and see what happens? It might fix the freezing in the air bug if summoner is killed. Haven't the time to test it out, so I'm not sure.

I had a look at the variables for the Summon Monsters skill but couldn't see this option..? Then thought maybe you're meaning the death parameters for the Priest himself, but again nothing there.  Back to the skill, I did try adding a large number to the "spawnObjectsTimeToLive" parameter under Spawn Config in the hopes that the minions spawned will live for x amount of time regardless of his master dying or not.  Tested and didn't seem to effect them  :-\ killing the Priest's still causes his summons to die too.

Thoughts?

edit: Also added Deathward (level 11) to the Priests haha kind of a 'soft' workaround to keep him alive longer which keeps his summoned minions alive longer which = more challenge and more fun lol
« Last Edit: 12 June 2018, 13:15:32 by Prosoro »

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 12 June 2018, 14:15:12 »
killing the Priest's still causes his summons to die too.

It's changeable in the dbr of your spawn skill, under Spawn Config. Set the bool surviveAfterMasterDeath to 1 (true).

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal