Author Topic: ↜ Hunting Mastery by WNG ↝  (Read 29626 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: ↜ Hunting Mastery by WNG ↝
« Reply #15 on: 24 July 2018, 23:35:25 »
Try it on a Dex char and prove yourself wrong. :)
When maxed the radius can easily catch a whole group of enemies, which also multiplies the bleeding from Barbed Netting.

How high Dex?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Maniakles

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #16 on: 27 July 2018, 03:19:25 »
:) WNG, when I first got TQIT 11 years ago I also thought Hunting was mostly for ranged and such, so my first try with it was a Ranger.

Then I discovered the Warden (Hunting & Defense). WOW! I was mostly melee at the time, too, and didn't understand how powerful a melee character that pairing was. The "Hoplite" Warden (spear & shield) is still my favorite, and it's the one I'm using currently for my first run-through of the new AE+Ragnarok.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #17 on: 27 July 2018, 04:27:13 »
:) WNG, when I first got TQIT 11 years ago I also thought Hunting was mostly for ranged and such, so my first try with it was a Ranger.

Then I discovered the Warden (Hunting & Defense). WOW! I was mostly melee at the time, too, and didn't understand how powerful a melee character that pairing was. The "Hoplite" Warden (spear & shield) is still my favorite, and it's the one I'm using currently for my first run-through of the new AE+Ragnarok.

Well, it's pretty obvious that Hunting also favors spear users with skills like Take Down, Gouge, Volley... but for some reason I just didn't felt like using one. :o

But yeah, Hunting has a lot of other good combinations : Haruspex, Dragon Hunter... maybe because it's one of the strongest masteries.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2018, 08:47:00 »
added to my all masteries guide thread

no mention of how hunting fares for a caster? sheesh :)
here is another benefit of monster lure that is not easy to see when theorycrafting: when you play caster, you'd want mobs to gather in one place so when you drop your VO or eruption, or cast ice shard or lightning bolt, or even distortion wave or seal of fate, instant mob clear
« Last Edit: 27 July 2018, 11:45:27 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #19 on: 03 December 2018, 17:08:25 »
- Ensnare: this skill can be useful for caster who need to lock some monster like Dactyl. I use it to lock Dactyl then kill him with Throwing Knife + Trap by Brigand Caster char.
- Monster Lure: this dummy is quite tough when max out, its can be help you to distract enemies( even boss). I using this skill to distract many Hades to free run around and summon Bolt Trap when rung massboss with Brigand Caster char. This dummy can be your shield too, protect you from some range attack( hero's tomb stone can do that too  >:D ).
- Gouge + Volley: when spend skill points to both of these skill, when Volley Proc, that hit will have Gouge effect too.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal