Author Topic: TQCollector v1.4 - Eternal Embers + TQVault v4.0+ Support  (Read 69185 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nytesong

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: TQCollector v1.3 - Eternal Embers Support
« Reply #90 on: 06 June 2022, 14:56:31 »
Hello, I just started playing the game and am having a great time with it!  I found TQVaultAE 4.0.0 and started using it too without any issues.

I found your program looking for a similar solution Grim Dawn has to highlight the rarity of the suffixes and affixes on the game items(So I can know an item has rare suffix/prefix the moment it drops), but wasn't able to find it.  I did find this, however.  I wanted to start a collection right away when I found it, naturally.

I ran into a bit of a problem getting it to see my vault files, and i'm wondering if anyone can help out.  Here's some images I hope might help to figure out what's going on.
Here's my vault files.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Here's the message I get when I click the executable.
Spoiler for Hiden:
When I try and use the Load Custom Directory button.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Could it be that because I haven't bought Eternal Embers it's not working? 

My thought was that because my "Vault" files are ".json" it's not working.  I didn't see a reference to this filetype in other posts.

I also originally disabled Steam Cloud because I was afraid it would interfere with TQVaultAE 4.0.0.  I re-enabled it thinking that maybe all the other users here probably use steam cloud.  It didn't fix the issue, as I expected.

Is there anything further I can provide to help get this cool tool working for me?  8)

Thanks for taking the time to read and give any advice!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #91 on: 07 June 2022, 09:23:06 »
The path for the Vault should be My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest\TQVaultData.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nytesong

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: 07 June 2022, 11:46:09 »
It is.  I've made sure to put the vault files where the program is telling me the default location is, and it still is highlighted red.  I click on This pc > Documents > My Games > Titan Quest > and this is where TQVaultData is.  I have TQVaultAE 4.0.0 saving the vault files to that location as well, and it works perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nytesong

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: 07 June 2022, 12:13:33 »
Ok, so I thought to move all vault files (not just where it saves TQVaultData) to the \Documents\My Games\Titan Quest folder.  Previously the vault files were being saved to a separate folder than where I had put the vault when I first installed it.  Now everything's in the same location, which is the default path TQCollector wants me to put the TQVaultData.

The first time I started the vault after moving it to that location I got this dialog box:
Spoiler for Hiden:

That is the SAME dialog box I got when originally installing the Vault.  Of course I do what it says and the vault works fine.  I just thought it had something to do with why TQCollector can't see the Vault files, even though I have them in the right place (where it says the default location is).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gege

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: 07 June 2022, 20:52:52 »
Hello

My thought was that because my "Vault" files are ".json" it's not working.  I didn't see a reference to this filetype in other posts.

It's exactly why it'll not work, TQVault changed their files format from .vault to .json at last update.
So, it's actually no more compatible with TQCollector, who is checking the .vault files ^^"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nytesong

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: 07 June 2022, 21:59:09 »
It's exactly why it'll not work, TQVault changed their files format from .vault to .json at last update.

Wow, what a relief.  Thank you for the information!  I thought I was doing something wrong. 
« Last Edit: 07 June 2022, 22:00:47 by Nytesong »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: 08 June 2022, 07:01:12 »
Oh, that's what it is!  I'm still using 3.9.0 so haven't seen that.  I was wondering what those file extensions were as I'd never heard of them before. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: 09 June 2022, 20:59:09 »

Wow, what a relief.  Thank you for the information!  I thought I was doing something wrong.
Yep, gege is correct. That's unfortunately due to the new file format of TQVault. Sorry, but for now the new TQVault versions are not compatible with TQCollector.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline iTAMi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #98 on: 25 June 2022, 16:57:58 »
Why there is no Scylla and Charybdis in "Axes" directory?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: 04 September 2022, 11:40:06 »
Why there is no Scylla and Charybdis in "Axes" directory?
They are listed under "Sets".

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TQCollector v1.4 - Eternal Embers + TQVault v4.0+ Support
« Reply #100 on: 18 September 2022, 17:33:37 »
Release 1.4 is out, now with support for TQVault's new file format!

Let me know if there's any items missing/in the wrong place or any other issues :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline minisav

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: 14 May 2023, 14:01:12 »

Let me know if there's any items missing/in the wrong place or any other issues :)

I have multiple Nautilus Harness (Crabmen MI, normal difficulty) but TQ Collector is not picking it up despite picking up all the other items in the same vault files. Any idea what might be missing?

Also is there a way of setting an item as collected even if you don't have a copy? As Jackalman Sling doesn't drop afaik so will constantly be taunting me on the list as uncollected. Waiting on a reply from others in another thread as to whether Hydromancer's Focus actually drops so may need it for those too.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline minisav

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: 15 May 2023, 14:34:45 »

I have multiple Nautilus Harness (Crabmen MI, normal difficulty) but TQ Collector is not picking it up despite picking up all the other items in the same vault files. Any idea what might be missing?

Also is there a way of setting an item as collected even if you don't have a copy? As Jackalman Sling doesn't drop afaik so will constantly be taunting me on the list as uncollected. Waiting on a reply from others in another thread as to whether Hydromancer's Focus actually drops so may need it for those too.

Went into the itemdb file and for all 3 difficulties the Crabmen line references "equimentarmor" rather than "equipmentarmor" so just edited in a p.

I've found I can just remove the lines of the items that can't be collected so that will do rather than a fake collected flag.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: 20 May 2023, 22:33:01 »

Went into the itemdb file and for all 3 difficulties the Crabmen line references "equimentarmor" rather than "equipmentarmor" so just edited in a p.

I've found I can just remove the lines of the items that can't be collected so that will do rather than a fake collected flag.

I made a typo? Oh, dear...thanks for catching that one!

And yeah, you can comment out items like that. I'll do a proper update to remove them at some point, but until then this is the way to go :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline minisav

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: 21 May 2023, 14:04:51 »

I made a typo? Oh, dear...thanks for catching that one!

And yeah, you can comment out items like that. I'll do a proper update to remove them at some point, but until then this is the way to go :)

Easy mistake to make! Thanks for your work on the Collector, use it every time I come back and reinstall TQ.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal