Author Topic: Resistance Reduction Guide by apocalypse80  (Read 27472 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Resistance Reduction Guide by apocalypse80
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2020, 10:21:32 »
unfortunately, apocalypse80 is not active anymore. he was the author of this article. i just repost it here.

and i don't have my items anymore to make tests. i don't think I'd bother testing anyway  :-\

edit: but you could test if you want
slow: Rogue envenom, the one with the slow, then PGB and to be sure maybe a weapon with slow. shen nongs dark medicine has a completion bonus with slow

armor reduction: templar.. hamstring and chaotic resonance.. then use distortion wave without the 3rd upgrade so only physical damage shows. the damage of wave is consistent so it's more accurate. after hitting with onslaught, see if the damage of wave gets stronger. don't hit dummies, just trash mobs
« Last Edit: 02 August 2020, 10:33:42 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline UnBorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2020, 12:12:03 »

This forum got plenty of modders who can control conditions and equipped monsters with whatever combinations they want and just take a look on character statistic in game.

I'm on my first run since TQIT so if nobody get to it i will try it then on my own when i get to that point.

So far as expected not in good place to test.
Tested lvl 3. cold damage staff, i could not see slow. Perhaps it's omitted on this base.
Rogue mastery and using weapon with slow. Can't say, test condition were horrible reptile that for some reason stop attacking from time to time.

I'm not sure if they perhaps even capped slow as many other things where in expansion.
Best bett will be using low values of slow on multiple sources to easily spot if they add up to more then solo.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2020, 16:02:29 »

This forum got plenty of modders who can control conditions and equipped monsters with whatever combinations they want and just take a look on character statistic in game.

I'm on my first run since TQIT so if nobody get to it i will try it then on my own when i get to that point.

So far as expected not in good place to test.
Tested lvl 3. cold damage staff, i could not see slow. Perhaps it's omitted on this base.
Rogue mastery and using weapon with slow. Can't say, test condition were horrible reptile that for some reason stop attacking from time to time.

I'm not sure if they perhaps even capped slow as many other things where in expansion.
Best bett will be using low values of slow on multiple sources to easily spot if they add up to more then solo.
Cold staves don't have a built-in slow (there is a slow but with no duration, so in practice there's nothing).
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline UnBorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2020, 02:41:09 »

Sort of remember cold damage staff have slow (30%), some patch note saying they includes slow to some new staff that were missing it.  It may be its discontinued, missing or bug the way they implement it.

I spend some time with accomplished hero testing slow and from what i can tell for now is
Deathchill Aura, Heart of Frost and weapon slow sims to add up.

Auras alone got larger impact when combined, probably because of lower value they have.
When you on top add weapon with 50% slow it's not as noticeable until you have side by side monster attacking you, then comparing to that monster there is noticeable difference.

Still whana test if reduced resistance influence monster slow resistances and overall effect of slow on them.
In less intrusive way, as to not kill monsters to fast so i can observe for certain its effects before confirming one way or another. After i may look into reduced armor mods.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #19 on: 03 May 2022, 09:34:21 »

You should also include known immunities and absorption resistances.
Most people will find out to late they got a problem. As it stand now that guide is only valid for elemental damage.
I find some notes here and there but as old forums are gone it's actually hard to find topics that discuss game Mechanic or in this case monster type/racial statistics.

Spoiler for Hiden:
---------------------------
From patch notes:
 Heroes and Bosses now have 75/80/85% and 85/90/95% resistance against % Life Reduction
- Heroes and Bosses now have 50/60/70% and 70/80/90% resistance against Mana Burn Damage
- Undead now absorb 70% Poison damage (on all difficulties) rather than having a resistance
- Traps and constructs now absorb 80% Poison damage (on all difficulties) rather than having a resistance
- Ghosts now absorb 60% Physical and Piercing damage (on all difficulties) rather than having resistances
- All hero monsters now have mediocre "hero" resistances instead of either having none or sharing those of bosses
- Natural Machine and Undead immunities to Fear, Bleeding, etc. cannot be removed
- Enemy Sleep, Slow and %Life resistances now increase with difficulty like all others
- Enemy Electric Burn and Vitality Duration damages now increase with difficulty like all others

- Creeping Slimes now absorb 75% Piercing Damage rather than having 80% Resistance
-Fixed missing immunities on Minotaur, Mummy, Ratman and Reptilian heroes (??)
----------------------------
from steam: Originally posted by ミメミ:

Regular Undead have 70% Poison Absorb, 50% Vitality Resistance, 1000% Life Leech and Bleeding Resistance
Ghosts have 60% Physical and Pierce Absorb, 50% Vitality Resistance, 1000% Life Leech, Bleeding, and Poison Resistance
Oozes have 75% Piercing Absorb and 25% Bleeding Resistance
Traps have 1000% Vitality, Bleeding, Life Leech, and Energy Leech Resistance, 100% Percental Health Damage Resistance
Bosses usually have 80% Life Leech and Energy Leech Resistance, 60-70% Energy Burn Resistance, 65-85% Percental Health Damage Resistance, 1000% Slow Resistance, 1000% Resistance vs. all debuffs (stun, trap, freeze, etc) and vs. Skill Disruption plus anything a specific boss gets on top.
Constructs have: 100% Vitality Resistance, 1000% Bleeding, Life Leech, and Energy Leech Resistance, 100% Percental Health Damage Resistance
------------------------------

I also got a question regarding effects like Slow.
Is it stackable ?
There are many sources, Cold staff (30%), auras, retaliation, on hit spells and attacks, buffs.
Is it affected with this global resistance reduction as Slow have its own resistance?

There is also armor reduction in this game, is it stackable?
Aside of Spirit mastery and flat armor reductions is there something more to it?

I may have missed if this is already posted on some place but it never hurt to have it in one place i guess.
Hope someone have more up to date and more comprehensive statistics so people can look on damage type and see what monsters are immune or have absorption to it when planing builds.
- Undead, Ghost, Construct, Device don't have hard immune to Bleeding, poison, life leech, slow..., they just have "immune" in general. There is a way to removed those "immune":

- Slow or Armor reduction effect works similar to RR effect. The effect on weapon, armor, rings, amulet, artifact and buff skill will stacked. Weapon and weapon or shield will not. All the sources listed before not stacked with sources from skill that don't using weapon/shield to deal dmg like Poison Gas Bomb.
- Slow and -%total speed is different type, slow be resists by slow resistance while -%total speed not. -%total speed can stacked, example Deathchill Aura and Fatigue (Plague).

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal