Author Topic: Hardcore Achievements  (Read 7916 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ethinil

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Hardcore Achievements
« on: 28 April 2020, 14:41:30 »
Hi  :) !

I would like to do the Hardcore Achievements (normal-epic-legendary) and was wondering which class is the best for that.

I guess Defense is a must have for this, and i saw some posts with Conquerors (warfare) but i think Guardian (Nature) could provide a lot of survivability.

Could you enlight me ? :)

Also, wich gear i should focus ? I want to maximize my chances so it will not be a "self-found" character, i will twink it with what i have (not much :D)
Do i have to focus on specific resistances ? Some monsters always kill me whatever builds i have, example : Dactyls.

I recently bougth the Atlantis and Ragnarok DLC, but didnt played these parts ATM (working on it ! :D)

PS: The verification fields to submit something (and to register) are really annoying, anyways to remove that? :D

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Hardcore Achievements
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2020, 16:48:18 »
Hello !

Its depends on what type of gameplay you will aim, Defense can be a slow for lvs up but can provide good survability with collosus form and rally.

Nature is a safe option that works with anything, you have heart of Oak buff , plague debuff and heals. Warfare can be deadly as well with batle standart , more focus on offensive way.

The resistances it depends, at certain point of the game, or in epic+ you already know what type of dmg the monster will focus, or atleast the dangerous ones. In act 4 (Hades) you need have a balanced vitality resistances as well with pierce. Or having less dmg vs demons as bonus on equipment.

In Ragnarok , you might need physical resiatnce and bit of fire and you will be fine during the last areas.

Atlantis is a side act, you can do it before going into Act 4 main events. Isnt that difficulty as the ACt 4 per si, maybe the mummy boss can be litle annoying to face, if you dont have good equipement / vitality resistance.

When you speak about "The verification fields", you mean in the foruns ? i think its normal for the new users, just to avoid the bots and spammers.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2020, 16:50:10 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ethinil

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2020, 18:35:36 »
Thanks for your fast response.
I don't aim for a specific gameplay, i just want to succeed with my first try. The thing is, i'm sick of Nature, i overplayed this class because i love pets. So i would like to avoid it. But if you told me it's mandatory to succeed easily i will consider it.

The other thing is I want the others achievements, like these where you have to finish legendary with that class and that class... so i need 5 heroes to mix the 10 classes for that.
And ATM i already have a lot of characters but if i sort them a lit i'll keep only my Ritualist, an Oracle, a Hunter (who can be associated with another class), and a Stonespeaker.
Sooo... Nature,Dream,Spirit,Storm,Runes,Earth are covered.

Conqueror seems nice (Warfare+Defense) with a Bandit (Hunting+Rogue), then all the classes will be covered.

So i guess i will stick with Conqueror (if i do a Guardian i'll have to put Warfare somewhere else but where? :D) , i would like to know if it's viable, what warfare can give to survivability ? Can i wear better armor ? Are some skills or passive defense-oriented ? Or the only thing is "the better defense is the offense" -stuff ? Like when you see a minotaur : "no it's not you who charges me it's me who charge you !" *Headbutt intensifies*

For the resistances, i noticed that vitality is a must-have versus typhoon, hades, etc... but i fear all the cc, stun,net,immobilize, i've seen some of my characters been disabled for a long time doing nothing (cant even drink a potion) and die. And i hate these monster who sucks my life so much °° Specially the Dactyl !

For the attributes, i think i need more Strength to put the best armors possible, but Dexterity seems important too... for defense ability (and dodge?), should i aim a certain Set   ?

PS: How do you go to Atlantis before Act 4?
Yeah the verification fields in the forum. I hope it will disappear... maybe when i'll have more posts to my account ^^

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2020, 19:36:46 »

PS: How do you go to Atlantis before Act 4?
Yeah the verification fields in the forum. I hope it will disappear... maybe when i'll have more posts to my account ^^

When you arrive at Rhodes, theres is a npc nearby the stairs , near the beach. ( Costal Asomata) , he will port you into Atlantis act

Yes it more posts you will be fine :p
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AlcyonV

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2020, 20:23:49 »
I wouldn't advise to go to Atlantis before act 4 for the hardcore challenge ! It have been designed to be played after act 4. And though the challenge is still high with some nasty monsters. I's not mandatory at all. If you want to succeed with this achievment, it's better to play Atlantis after act 4, and even after act 5 (with Ylva...) ! Or not not to play it at all... but I'm sure you're a brave guy !

And yes, Conqueror is a tough and tanking class, ok for hardcore. With warfare you have Battle standard that is very defensive, stun, Ignore pain, Dodge, Ancestors for the aggro, Slam for ranged-high-damage... But you have to follow the shield way, not the dual wielding one. And you have to worry about high damage output too, unless you will die against Typhon or Alastor. Use the very best weapon you have.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2020, 20:30:15 by AlcyonV »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ethinil

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2020, 20:40:21 »
You say that Conqueror is "Ok for hardcore" so... what's the best class(es) for hardcore if it's not the Conqueror ?

My goal is to be immortal, even if i do little damage, you tell me that i have to warry about high damage output, maybe a war of attrition can work, like poison and/or bleed and waiting the boss to die slowly ?

I'll use a shield of course, but can it become my main weapon or should i try to find a good weapon  instead ? (does it change something if it's an axe OR a club ?)
(i think club is better versus undead but.. that's all?)

PS: Horray \o/ with this third post i don't have to do verification fields anymore to post ! :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AlcyonV

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2020, 21:09:12 »
I think the best class is still haruspex, even with the nerf of AE : very high DA, damage absorption, avoid projectiles, movement speed, trap resistance, poison resistance, health regen, no damage issue, debuff... and now it can be played ranged+shield with throwing.

But it may depend on your stuff, your playstyle... Who knows ?

Poison and bleed can be safe against some bosses (wait and see him diying slowly...) but many others are very resistant or immune to those damages (undead, devices...). I advise to switch between physical (not so many boss resistances) and elemental (for those resistant to physical : mainly ghosts).

For the weapon don't forget to check attack speed parameter, not only DPS : if your main attacks are procs or charge skills like Onslaught or Calculated Strike and so, AS is more important than Dmg. Axes have better AS than clubs... And debuffs are very important on weapons (reduce resistances, armor, DA).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ethinil

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2020, 22:23:54 »
I agree to say that the Haruspex is still a nice class, but it feels weird for me to have a shield and don't use it at 100%, so i would like to use the Defense class as a primary class.

I played Haruspex a long time (lvl 50) but died a lot with it (spear/shield), dont want to begin another haruspex for this achievement ^^'.

Sooo Axes are definitively better than Clubs  ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2020, 12:53:39 »
Nature and Dream are good support masteries. You can also consider the 3rd support mastery: Spirit which is perfect for you aim because of the Deatchchill aura.

Take a very fast or fast weapon and pump up Attack speed from your gear. Therfore all your shield attack will proc more often (Shield smash, Disable and most of all Pulverize), this is the heart of spellbinder mechanics, a very sturdy class.

Note that it takes time to shine and the first 20 levels are like a laboured start compared to other classes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ethinil

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03 May 2020, 17:30:24 »
Any other hints and tips for wich class is the best for hardcore ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2020, 23:25:05 »
The spellbreaker is good too for hardcore achievement. But it is somewhat gear intensive to work it up nice.

Other useful links:
Gasconron made an extensive analysis for hardcore runs, you can check the note he gave for each class as a quick overview for your aim.

With only yellow gear, Letsrock succeeded an impressive hardcore yellow run . Here is his summoner build .
« Last Edit: 04 May 2020, 00:20:22 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ethinil

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2020, 12:04:15 »
 :o Ho !

That's what i was looking for! I searched the forum but didn't see this one !

Thanks a lot, i'll watch the video and read the link carefully, because i'm pretty sure conqueror is not the best choice. Defense sure is, with the resistances to stunt, trap, freeze, disruption, but the second choice is still not obvious too me :)

I finished Ragnarok for the first time yesterday (with my pets), and one ennemy caused me little trouble, the Chaos Imp, she does something weird...
« Last Edit: 07 May 2020, 12:21:29 by Ethinil »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal