Author Topic: Single Mastery (sort of) Untwinked Hardcore Challenge  (Read 21669 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Single Mastery (sort of) Untwinked Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2020, 11:42:46 »
i finished the first 2 acts with zero farming runs
Spoiler for Hiden:

it will come though for sure. the last boss of act 2 was nice enough to give me white crown. how nice, +120 DA
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2020, 01:06:45 »
Act IV was ok until the end which was... stressful.
Not because of Hades but due to 3 dactyls along the way  :o

The first dactyl was blocking the way to a general. It wasn't expected and rushed him unprepared.
Ding dang dong, the bell rang !
The defender survived its first close call thanks to its high HP pool.

Spoiler for Hiden:

The second one was protecting a crystal of Erebus. This time i used a scroll and summoned a cyclop hoping for a distraction. This @#& cyclop (on the right corner), probably because he's one-eyed, rushed the ... crystal and didn't care of the dactyl. Therefore i rushed the dactyl and thanks to the new perfect block skill could avoid one wave.

Spoiler for Hiden:

The third dactyl was standing on the final straight to Hades. A new cyclop was summoned which distracted the dactyl as expected, symplifying the fight.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Farming Hades was not an option, enough sweat this evening  >:(
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 13 July 2020, 01:16:25 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 13 July 2020, 13:00:46 »
hoo boy.. it's not easy at all.. but long story short, i'm past act 3
Spoiler for Hiden:

also, Tauceti, i think that first cyclops you summoned is smart. "what you summoned me just to fight a Dactyl? screw you. i'm saving my own ass"   ;D

all i farmed for are relics and charms, some gold (because all my money got spent on trying which skill combination worked), and some XP. it's not as simple as it may seem. for example, when squall was losing it's killing power, i wanted to get ice shard. but it's too mana hungry. if i had access to 2nd mastery skills, i could've gotten nature or dream. but no i have to compensate with my items. but no i have no items. i have to farm for my own items. but f*** the more i farm, the more i risk deaths. i realized i could never farm Typhon. too dangerous. maybe storm is not the best for this challenge. but i think if i ever pull this off, the more sense of accomplishment i get. that's a big IF tho

i still haven't chosen a 2nd mastery. 2nd masteries are overrated lol
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 14 July 2020, 10:11:42 »
i died trying to farm Typhon. I'm a stupid nincompoop.
i think where i went wrong was sticking to arc discharge hard. it was good against trash mobs at least until the first half of act 3. but it also cost 12 skill points. 8 from arc discharge and another extra 4 that needed to be spent on wisp just for it to work because it needs thunder clap. i think it's better if i had just farmed for oracle's set and stick to ice shard through and through. that 12 points on arc discharge i should've spent that on my 2nd mastery instead. i was sporting just 1.2k health. oh well
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 14 July 2020, 20:30:57 »
Ooh storm nincompoop (i didn't know this word), what have you done, farming Typhon with 1.2k HP ? but it's ... like wearing a Trump wig nowadays, it's dangerous. I'm kidding no politics here  ;D
Well i will feel lonely here. Hope you will take another (tankier) mastery ;)

Went into Atlantis, i haven't been in a long time. Much better without Xmax but basic monsters hit harder than act IV whereas drops are less good. Still worthy though for the beautiful landscape.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 17 July 2020, 01:04:19 »
try again. hopefully this rogue nincompoop this time reaches at least act 5 normal where i can farm the primrose passage and the sciron area for scironian MIs

also, a sacred amulet (a rare prefix), is just the same as a common +2 to specific mastery skills. in my case, assassin's if i'm not mistaken

this time i did some farm runs. got a lot of blues but of course the game is weird. it gives you a lot of items but the one you are farming for, it won't give it to you. in some 20 minolord + telkine runs, i never got a single valor of achilles piece. so i just proceed to act 2 (edit: nah much closer to 15 runs)

name: plsdrinkpoison - L19 - rhakotis
Spoiler for Hiden:

« Last Edit: 17 July 2020, 01:09:43 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline ALEX_CARDO

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #21 on: 17 July 2020, 10:03:46 »
try again. hopefully this rogue nincompoop this time reaches at least act 5 normal where i can farm the primrose passage and the sciron area for scironian MIs

also, a sacred amulet (a rare prefix), is just the same as a common +2 to specific mastery skills. in my case, assassin's if i'm not mistaken

this time i did some farm runs. got a lot of blues but of course the game is weird. it gives you a lot of items but the one you are farming for, it won't give it to you. in some 20 minolord + telkine runs, i never got a single valor of achilles piece. so i just proceed to act 2 (edit: nah much closer to 15 runs)

name: plsdrinkpoison - L19 - rhakotis
Spoiler for Hiden:

How did you beat Shadowmaw at lvl12 and less than 1k HP without dying? Did you use throwing weapon and hit and run tactics?

P.S. This challenge is very interesting for me but I think it's better first finish Legendary with my first character and then spend time on other adventures :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 17 July 2020, 11:25:31 »
yep.. kinda used to it now.. done it several times already.. my calculated strike and lucky hit are both maxed already by that time.. it's easier that way so shadowmaw dies faster
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2020, 23:51:06 »

There is also the hallowed helmet sold by merchants which comes with high vitality resistance in addition to +1 all skills.
Why the primrose passage ? i never really found someting interesting in there (but only tried a few times).

This challenge is very interesting for me but I think it's better first finish Legendary with my first character and then spend time on other adventures :)
You can find a lot more challenges in this forum. That said, my feeling is it's easier running the same challenge as others since it's a looooong run. Join us  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline ALEX_CARDO

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #24 on: 18 July 2020, 07:51:38 »
This challenge is very interesting for me but I think it's better first finish Legendary with my first character and then spend time on other adventures :)
You can find a lot more challenges in this forum. That said, my feeling is it's easier running the same challenge as others since it's a looooong run. Join us  ;)
For sure I'll join you in different challenges :) I'll just first push to finish the game in Legendary because I've still haven't done this :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 18 July 2020, 09:50:48 »
yep Alex dude, you would be welcome to join when you feel like it

There is also the hallowed helmet sold by merchants which comes with high vitality resistance in addition to +1 all skills.
Why the primrose passage ? i never really found someting interesting in there (but only tried a few times).
would like to look for Blackbeard's Booties. and yep i check merchants often for a Hallowed helm. if i still can't find 1 by the time I'm in act 5, I'd settle for scironian helm.

That said, my feeling is it's easier running the same challenge as others since it's a looooong run. Join us  ;)
oh boy i remember the previous hybrid hardcore challenge i proposed, i was alone it felt so lonely i decided not to continue my character. it's like you're trying to do something but nobody cares about it. to this day, nobody still joined that challenge

I'm actually running an evoker untwinked hardcore character right now. still a long way but it really doesn't feel difficult. not worthy of the title "challenge" imo. of course it helps that I've been through legendary a lot already and know what to expect
« Last Edit: 18 July 2020, 09:52:39 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 18 July 2020, 20:52:43 »
Doors to Epic in sight !

Spoiler for Hiden:

Only one farming spot onto Thrym which gave good blues like Rings of the rhine.
Still in search for a better weapon though. A dps of 600-700 is rather low for epic.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 20 July 2020, 01:08:17 »
slowly inching forward. Babylon Outskirts. at L28, picked my 2nd mastery - Defense for high health. but of course no skills
Spoiler for Hiden:

« Last Edit: 20 July 2020, 01:14:50 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 22 July 2020, 01:52:53 »
PGB FTW
Spoiler for Hiden:

i feel like i can farm Typhon. but no. lesson learned. moving on
« Last Edit: 22 July 2020, 03:00:38 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 22 July 2020, 20:08:14 »
What is PGB useful for, killing speed of basic monsters or else as a Boss killing skill ?

About knight Ni, act I was soft, no better gear found though.
I tried some farming on epic gorgons but without success.

However found a trick: after you killed the gorgons and claimed the next rebirth fountain, you can farm both the pythian caves and go back to the gorgons.
This is possible when close to the gorgons doors, you touch the K key (or the one on your keyboard setup when you are stuck), you will be teleported next to the majestic chest.
Be careful though since all the gorgons sisters will be upset at once.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal