Author Topic: Need some advice on an easy fast leveling character  (Read 12660 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Need some advice on an easy fast leveling character
« on: 30 September 2018, 21:14:33 »
I have been going through a mess. Due to a problem had to reset my computer and lost everything, not just game. Then I started Nargill77 Enhanced game that works great. was moving right along and asked for a redheaded character. He had a red head mod that work fine, but dumb me, saw he was making better sharper females so I added a new redhead. worked ok for few levels, then she started disintegrating. so I'm back to square one with no characters and nothing saved
The only problem with the Enhanced Game is it storage areas are wider and longer than the Vault. so if you put items in certain areas, you lose them. Just don't put items in the last 3 rows on the right and last 6 row on the bottom and things are fine. After my sad tale, I looking for an easy character to rush up to Epic to farm to build up equipment and rebuild my Vault.
The Vault used in Steam is larger, I use GOG. I at present expect a Pyro would be faster and easier.
Any ideas would be appreciated

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Need some advice on an easy fast leveling character
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2018, 22:41:51 »
elementalist would be super fast, huge aoes and lots of dmg
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2018, 01:47:29 »
While I can certainly vouch for the Elementalist as one of the most fun classes out there (and easily one of my personal favorites), I'm not sure I'd recommend it for a first run (well, first as in without the additional items in the vault you can equip them from). As a caster, the Elementalist will need several stats that are hard to find on non-unique items, at least beyond late Normal, I think. You'll need casting speed, you'll need recharge reduction, and most likely you'll want some generic elemental damage increase (if you take only fire, ice or lightning, you might as well go Summoner or Druid). While all of these can be found on non-uniques, they're generally rare and honestly just not good enough.

My first character was an Elementalist; and by that I mean the very first one I actually took seriously. And while it suffered from me not always having an idea of what's the reasonable thing to do, it also suffered from the lack of proper equipment.

Personally, if you want something quick and not very gear-intensive, I'd probably recommend either a melee character (something with Warfare) or an archer (Hunting plus something). Though I'm not sure on the latter, since Scatter Shot Arrows have been severely nerfed in Anniversary Edition. Still, Warfare in melee and Hunting in ranged are probably the fastest you can get, and since non-unique weapons are often as good as uniques when it comes to DPS, they're much easier to outfit.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2018, 02:55:47 »
I'd vote for earth.. earth only.. the 2nd mastery is only for the stats so it can be anything.. it matters of course if you want it to be mage, melee or archer.. but just to get through normal, just earth
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2018, 06:01:37 »
Thank you all, will probably go with the pyro I  have start first and if thing go well will add something for safety like  the wall or  briar patch.
Just need to build up some material for future builds. Right now it's play as you go.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2018, 03:23:33 »
Darn near blew it again. Playing a Pyro with Nargill77 Enhanced Game. Decided it was too slow, so added Enhanced gameX2. Played awhile and decided to go back to plain EG.
Big mistake, the screen went crazy with black and white flashing colors. Took all her equipment and put in Transfer, exited and put in the Vault. Deleted EGX2.
 Played and all was well. Didn't lose my character. Still have to watch EG is not compatible with Vault 2.5.7.
Edit: The Vault with Steam must be larger than the one I have. I used GOG
« Last Edit: 03 October 2018, 03:27:36 by oldage »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #6 on: 03 October 2018, 04:01:02 »
I think you crushed screen resolution. Probably solution was to change in video settings of the game.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2018, 04:04:17 »
Sometimes it happens when you switch between mods... no idea why.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2018, 17:38:47 »
Have no idea why, working fine now and since  my one and only character will just stick to plain EG and not experiment till I get to Epic and save the character on a flash drive in case.
Need to start a new character not playing custom maps. Do the old x2, x3 and xmax still work in custom maps?
All the Addon mods seem to work okay.  :)
Edit: Miss the  lack of energy potions and extra bag for defeating the  satyr shaman at the beginning  :'(
« Last Edit: 03 October 2018, 23:01:19 by oldage »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2018, 06:17:46 »
You can create a lvl 1 char in old IT (parallel install) & use old defiler to give bags. DO NOT move this char at all towards horse, once bags are done, open ragnarok & the fresh char will have 3 bags (& any other things u gave him from TQ IT vaults).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 25 October 2018, 05:43:27 »
At present moving along fairly well. Act 3 Chang'an with one death to Barmanu due to the world falling on my character. Went back and got the tombstone. Never did kill him.
See lots of good things but due to hardly any strength can' wear or use. Pure Pyro so far. Not bad for a slow motion geezer like me.  Still lots of low level gear but lots of life leech. Use very few pot yet due to pacing myself. Since most slots I want are full, will start on Cory. Also think about a second mastery I think Nargil66 red head that stay the red with change of crowns is neat as well as the his music.
When this character finishes Normal will try a new one with his EG. Will save this character to a flash drive, get rid of all the mod and play simple EG Custom map.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal