Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96066 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #150 on: 09 May 2018, 13:13:41 »
Think part of the problem with doing a hybrid for me is figuring out how to build it.
Like the attribute points.

Playing an int. based caster type? Put all into Int. and rarely into Dex. if needed
Conqueror? 2 points into Str. one level and 1 point into Str. and 1 point into Dex. the next level and alternate between the two.

A hybrid would be all over the place and you only get so many points (and it gets harder and harder to get them the longer it takes to level up)

and then there's what bonuses you need to look for in gear.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gautrec

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #151 on: 09 May 2018, 14:03:40 »
A hybrid would be all over the place and you only get so many points (and it gets harder and harder to get them the longer it takes to level up)

and then there's what bonuses you need to look for in gear.
True, but a melee/caster hybrid with rune mastery only needs to invest into intelligence (and some dex for gear), since you have Runeword: Feather helping you to equip your potential melee weapon, and Transformation to allow you to focus on int & caster gear for damage. The offensive bonus you would look for on gear would therefore be +elemental damage, with bonuses for the separate elemental damage types being nice to have, too. For example, a Stonespeaker could go sword & board (for a better defense) with +elemental and +fire damage on his fancy robes & tiaras.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: 09 May 2018, 14:28:29 »
Do you know a build I could take a look at?

Also rune of life seems like it could help with strength requirements too along with feather.

Honestly whenever someone mentions a build and talks about it, it always makes me want to try it.
Always seems interesting.

Sword and shield too.....hmm....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gautrec

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: 09 May 2018, 15:23:33 »
I'm not sure if there is an actual guide for such a class is out there yet, since there haven't been too many new  up since Ragnarok in general...
Apart from what I said about the gear earlier, though, with a Stonespeaker, I would personally go for something like this at the end of normal difficulty: https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc53b553b5rune491c.html?mastery=Stonespeaker&master1=1&master2=10&sa=10&m1=32-12-0-1-1-0-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-12-0-0&m2=32-10-6-1-1-1-1-10-1-10-1-1-1-1-1-0-2-8-6-0-1-1-0-0
     But there are, obviously, many ways to go about this... for example, I'm not a huge fan of pets in general (it's not really my style), so I usually don't pick any - but I've heard that the core dweller can be quite useful as a tank/diversion. Also, you could choose to pair your shield with a throwing weapon to get some distance between you and the enemies; if you do, Thunder Strike is a much better AoE (however, it is still worth it with melee weapons in the lategame). Furthermore, if you use a decent amount of weapon attacks, attack speed becomes a very useful stat to look for on gear (getting enough  of both casting speed and attack speed might be one of the most difficult parts of this hybrid build, which is why an Eitr-relic with an attack speed completion bonus in one of your jewellery slots can be worth gold - if you can get your hands on it). Despite that, casting speed is, in the beginning, far superior to it, and you should try to have at least some amount of it at all times.
     As @botebote77 mentioned, Ring of Flame is the superior levelling skill for the early game (mostly act 1 & 2), so I would try to get that asap but unskill it somewhere in act 3. I also like Frost Mines, both for the damage (in the early and midgame), the CC (very useful in the lategame) and that delicious, delicious soundeffect. But due to their very "special" area of effect, others have also disliked it a lot, too, so in your case, I would just try it out. If you can't get used to it, go for Volcanic Orb (this one takes more skillpoints to be effective, though).
     Apart from that, you have Eruption & Rune Weapon with Runeword: Explode for both single target damage and AoE, as well as Seal of Fate & Guardian Stones for bosses. Pretty easy, right?  ;D
     I hope that helps a little :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: 09 May 2018, 16:51:59 »
It would certainly be interesting to be a sorta sword and shield mage.
I guess different things are always interesting to me.

I usually stick a single point in each skill as I unlock them and climb the mastery so I can unlock the other skills asap.
Or should I at least max feather and rune weapon? Also when should I start on the earth mastery? Should I put in a few points to at least get the base earth enchant skill as soon as I unlock a 2nd mastery?

I'm guessing with the heat shield, stone form and actual shield plus absorb, this build would be quite tanky.
Although with large groups I'd probably seperate a lot of the targets to make it easier.

Also yes no full guides for it but I did find this video.

The skill point allocation is similar to what you suggested although not entirely the same.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 17:01:46 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: 10 May 2018, 19:54:34 »
Cannot get through normal Hades palace at all.
Pets die to everything, Dactyl is always around the corner.

I don't understand how anyone can beat this game at all.
The difficulty is absolutely insane.

and yes, I am getting gear I need from merchants.
I even found a hallowed headpiece so I can always have a 3rd wolf.
But it's not enough, even with three wolves, the nymph, the wisp, plague and squall, everything takes too long to take down. Enough time for debuffs to run out and maybe even kill a pet and almost kill me. I never get the chance to reapply debuffs without something almost killing me and that goes for madly trying to heal pets.

What is this game.....this is masochism.

Ragnarok....money well spent...
« Last Edit: 10 May 2018, 19:58:35 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: 10 May 2018, 20:39:56 »
Take it easy, man. It's only a game... :o

Imo you really should try another game that suits more for you.
Grim Dawn is worth a try, it's the same mechanics than TQ but in that case you can adjust the difficulty mode.

In particular there is a easy mode in which you virtually cannot die and therefore test all masteries. When you are used with it, you can rise up the difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: 10 May 2018, 20:46:10 »
I do actually play Grim Dawn.
Not lately though. Kinda just play certain games, whatever I feel like. Sometimes I'll go back to those I haven't played in a while.

Honestly everyone tells me the game isn't for me when I can't do it for every game I play.
Even those I've played a hell of a lot of.

I just don't understand why this game is so hard, I haven't even hit Epic yet.

I have managed to find the masteries I enjoy the most though.
Conqueror
Berserker
Druid.
It's hitting Olympus (mostly the cyclops and typhon) where things go downhill.

I think I'm just sick of playing games I like (well...I would say I don't play games I don't like but then I haven't gotten to this point yet, every game I get, I like) and hitting a wall and not being allowed to see the rest of the game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #158 on: 10 May 2018, 20:54:24 »
Take it easy, man. It's only a game... :o

Imo you really should try another game that suits more for you.
Grim Dawn is worth a try, it's the same mechanics than TQ but in that case you can adjust the difficulty mode.

In particular there is a easy mode in which you virtually cannot die and therefore test all masteries. When you are used with it, you can rise up the difficulty.

Of course you can die.  I've done it plenty of times in Normal GD.  Act 1 is pretty much a tutorial, but if you don't find good enough gear, don't choose the right skills or devotions you'll die.

Deepblue, the easiest way to deal with cooldown is to max Refresh in Nature.  That cuts cooldown time dramatically.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: 10 May 2018, 20:56:43 »
I just feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall trying to get through the first DLC. It just feels like, if I'm resorting to doing that, I'm doing it seriously wrong and it's not going to really help.
Like, just struggling with the bare minimum and just brute forcing my way through stuff with the worst efficiency ever. Sure I'm getting through it right now but that doesn't mean I can continue and still have it work.
I have no idea what'll happen with the second dlc.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2018, 20:58:36 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: 10 May 2018, 21:03:59 »
alright maybe we can sort things between us.. I'm tired of hating anyway.. Dactyl doesn't always appear but assuming he really likes you and decides to spawn whenever you're there, i basically provided multiple tricks on how to deal with Dactyl (ice nova, monster lure, and spellbreaker).. iirc petrify also works

TQ tricks

beating Dactyl with storm
Spoiler for Hiden:

but with Dactyl, it's always kill him before he kills you and I'm not sure pets cut it.. if pets take too long to kill Dactyl, i suggest you respec to the earlier build i showed you but with max spellbreaker.. and please none of that I'm good you're bad illusion.. don't start it with a complaint.. try it first.. and even if you're really bad, forums are there so we can help each other and share ideas.. it's also easier if you have mage jewelry like occult.. with Dactyl, be sure to be the first one to strike so ready you're finger.. if you want to be more safe, have a scroll of ice nova.. it will provide slow.. while he is slowed, cast spellbreaker, then squall, then ice shard, spellbreaker, repeat.. if you can target Datyl while he is far away, start with spellbreaker, you can click it anywhere on your screen no matter how far.. if you really want pets, just respec to pets after you kill Dactyl
« Last Edit: 11 May 2018, 00:06:13 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: 10 May 2018, 21:06:55 »
Looking at your vid, it's probably helping that you barely lose health.
You also didn't appear to be affected by his stun......at least from what I can see.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: 10 May 2018, 21:10:59 »
barely lose health? I'm always 2 shots away from dying as is most builds.. the trick is skill disruption.. do you want to try it or will you just complain?
« Last Edit: 10 May 2018, 21:15:30 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: 10 May 2018, 21:16:19 »
I'm just going by what I see on your vid.....

It's hard to even know if I'm picking the right masteries or what.
Are casters even a good idea for me?
« Last Edit: 10 May 2018, 21:45:55 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: 10 May 2018, 22:04:40 »
and my video shows how to beat Dactyl.. I'm not saying you play caster.. I'm just trying to help the way i know how and the way i know is through casters.. if you want petmaster, just respec after you beat Dactyl.. there are many druid builds in YouTube although most of them, if not all, are casters
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal