Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96059 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #120 on: 29 April 2018, 13:43:21 »
Grey sisters and Charon were much easier this time around, infact they were downright pathetic.I
Basically I set off plague and dodge projectiles while the wolves bite them to death. That's it. They died so fast.

I'm dreading what's to come though, Cerberus and Hades.....

Those undead ghosts are kind of a pain too, they're immune to a lot of stuff so they take a long time to take down and plague doesn't affect them as much (I'm trying not to put points into squall so I can max other stuff like wolf passives, plague, heart of oak and the healing skill)

So when does Act IV start to destroy me? Tower of Judgement? Hades Palace?
« Last Edit: 29 April 2018, 17:14:40 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: 30 April 2018, 15:04:45 »
Now tower of judgement, I don't think I can do this.
I wouldn't be able to get my poison resist up enough to fight cerberus.

I do have Leafsong for 40% poison resist, but I don't think I'd get it high enough with jewellry and gear, plus I have no relics or charms with it either.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2018, 15:08:22 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #122 on: 30 April 2018, 16:10:43 »
Cerberus is a beast and is all poison damage. If you can't get poison resist, get a couple of hydradon hides and of the glade items for gear swapping. Act IV is notorious for pierce damage like from machae master archers, so get that asap. Its full of other hurt though too, like poison, fire (walkers, empusas), lightning (dactyls), life leech (empusas), bleed (melinoe), but you would normally have at least some of that, would you? Resists are priority for any build, and you stacked some items with good resists from previous characters in stash, did you?

This game is not very generous about giving you enough resist to max everything, its more like single player with no endgame that expects you to swap gear. I commonly run with certain resistances around 0%, just avoid taking that damage type and drink potions if you do.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: 30 April 2018, 16:19:29 »
Like I said, I've got Song of the Serpent for 40% resist and I've just found a pristine plumage charm that gives 20%. 60% won't be enough.
Most of the time I'm staying well away from attacks, dodging them while my summons do all the work and I drop plague and squall sometimes and keep my summons healed.
I chug the odd potion if I do get hit though unless it's not much damage (or I don't take damage using the nymph's 1st upgrade)
But Cerberus and Hades.....all their attacks are unavoidable.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: 30 April 2018, 16:23:56 »
If you get 100% less damage taken from beasts you take no damage. Was it capped at 80% at AE though like all others things? But you can get both resist and hydradon even then

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: 30 April 2018, 16:38:03 »
I know that 100% resist means no damage, that's what I was hoping to do since I can't avoid the attacks. All those poison cracks and then if cerberus decides to use his poison breath during this time is even worse.

It's too bad resistences don't transfer to summons because this will be even harder when they die.
Because I'm relying on mostly their damage to kill bosses (and they do tons of damage to bosses).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: 30 April 2018, 16:41:50 »
And what are you going to do, delete your character? If you struggle, shop farm until you get enough, or farm hydradons. If summons die, resummon them

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: 30 April 2018, 16:44:40 »
I don't know what I'm going to do.
I mean, I'll try but.....I dunno.

and I've never seen poison resist on merchants.

If summons die really fast, no point in resummoning because they'll just die again and the cooldown will stop me doing it again.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: 30 April 2018, 16:56:33 »
Such angst, much depressed

I think I had no poison res either, so I stacked hydradons and of the glade gear. But did not need them because I tapped the scroll of the sky rage before entering the room and it permastunned him until he died.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: 30 April 2018, 17:01:09 »
I'll try that then, I don't think I've ever really bothered with scrolls.
Though I'll add the poison resist too just in case.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: 30 April 2018, 20:26:47 »
Ok Tower of Judgement....

1st floor: Full of squid things, they almost one-shot me and my pets.
2nd floor: Mastery stone, so three wolves at a really good strength, last a split second against a melinoe hero and I'm back to two weak wolves again.
3rd floor and beyond are just going to be suicide.

I just......can't fathom anyone clearing normal......does everyone cheat or something? I mean this is absolutely insane.
I may as well just forget Ragnarok and come to terms with wasting my money.

I'm trying my absolute best, I've tried many, many different mastery combos and playstyles over the years.....
I've got like thousands of hours on this game overall over many years, like a decade...
I'm trying everything suggested to me...
What more can I do?

I just.....can't fathom what the original devs were thinking.....did they even think anyone could do this?

Normal? Sure it isn't "Very Hard"?

Here's my skill setup.
It's probably wrong anyway.
https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc7faf7faf7faf.html?mastery=Druid&master1=4&master2=8&sa=0&m1=32-7-16-5-4-2-7-0-1-1-1-4-0-1-3-4-1-4-0-0-0&m2=16-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-3-0-0-0-3-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Caster types are really fragile but I can't imagine something like a Conqueror doing any better.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2018, 20:42:41 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: 30 April 2018, 21:15:57 »
Now show us your gear at last?

Caligoth shouldn't oneshot you at 40% poison res thats not possible. Last floor is the simplest, right? Its half full of useless limos, machae only in the second half.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc7faf7faf7faf.html?mastery=Druid&master1=4&master2=8&sa=7&m1=32-5-16-3-8-1-3-0-1-1-1-6-0-1-3-3-1-3-3-0-0-0&m2=24-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-3-0-0-0-3-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0

Accelerated growth is max asap, refresh is taken asap to remove cooldown from resummon. The real pinnacle of elemental summoner druid is the wisp and its aoe damage. Though you can't really invest into it yet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: 30 April 2018, 21:21:11 »
Not entirely sure how to show my gear, and most of it is just stuff I found. Only notable stuff that's needed is the pet jewellry and a wanderer's staff.
Not sure how to set up the build you just posted because I don't have that many points yet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: 30 April 2018, 21:25:22 »
Just screenshot your stats panels 1 and 2. If you also do it while hovering over your items it would be even better.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #134 on: 30 April 2018, 21:37:50 »
Not entirely sure how to show my gear, and most of it is just stuff I found. Only notable stuff that's needed is the pet jewellry and a wanderer's staff.
Not sure how to set up the build you just posted because I don't have that many points yet.

Yes, you do.  It's the same build with some of the skill points bought back at a Mystic and put in other skills or the mastery bars.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal