Author Topic: Twisted Heroes Mod  (Read 15121 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nithrise

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Twisted Heroes Mod
« on: 11 June 2018, 02:39:16 »
Hello Titan Quest community,
I'm nithrise and I want to show you a WIP mod that I plan to spend my close future working on!

A word of explanation:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I love and play Titan Quest like a maniac since 2007 when I bought it. Ever since I played it like a maniac for weeks and never got bored of it which never happened to any game I ever played, not even WoW.
A few years ago when I did nearly any class and every build to 75 I thought if there are any mods to this fantastic game. And I found SoulVizier. That's when I rediscovered Titan Quest. I got hooked up for long (really, very long). Farmed all them mythics, did a few full build toons. Then when I finally thought "well that's lots of hours played and I achieved almost everything, time to do something else finally". I pretty much instantly thought then "I will make my own mod". Hell damn yeah.
It wasn't easy and I said to myself something like fk this. It really was too hard to learn how to do basic things like placing the templates in a correct folder etc. I dropped it and forgot about TQ for a few years.
When I was randomly playing some other game on steam I saw Ive got AE in my library. I thought WTF, what's that and then omg it can't be. Got hooked up again.
Then Ragnarok came out.
Got hooked up again.
Finally in december I thought I will learn anything I can about modding TQ by reading every guide in the internet and by doing some basic mods myself because I wanted to make a mod myself again. A total rebalance and revampe of whole game. A mod that could satisfy myself as I know what's quality content here in TQ (at least I convince you i know, rofl)
And its June now, now there is nothing I dont really know how to do in TQ modding world. And if there is i mostly find ways to do it by just trying. (nothing hard really as its only database editing and some simple texture and effects graphic work)
Yesterday I started and I thought I want to share you guys what is my goal. (Skill/Monster/Item/Rebalance suggestion welcome!)

TL;DR - I will make a mod.

What's Twisted Heroes?

Twisted Heroes is a total overhaul of the vanilla game. It adds a little storyline but monstrous number of new items (including artifacts, unique  items, relics etc.), enemies and challenging bosses. It also modifies basic game (masteries, monsters, skills) to be more fun to play and balanced.

Features
Spoiler for Hiden:
- New story implemented as a non-quest novel accessed by reading droppable notes called Old Fragments from certain mobs, heroes and bosses.

- Save the world from the Twisted Heroes of Old War! Every major boss' death (not limited only to bosses) now sparks the Call of the Twisted which spawns a figurine. If you destroy the figurine it will spawn one of the Twisted Heroes. Twisted Heroes have a higher chance of dropping rare, double-affixed MIs and unique items, they also leave an orb that drops loads of loot! They carry Old Fragments at a 100% rate, every Twisted Hero drops a different one.

- Level cap raised to level 100 as every mastery now has new additional skills.

- Tons of new items (including uniques, MIs and even artifacts!), sets, affixes, relics, mobs, heroes and bosses.

- Rebalanced masteries, reworked and added a ton of new skills and passives. Lots of items now grant skills.

- Rebalanced items, set bonuses and affixes. Also added new affixes and merged more items into sets.

- Prepare for hell! Enemies now have increased resistances as well as new skills. Don't be shocked if you try to use Mortal Strike on an Iron Golem ending up barely scratching him. Mobs spawn in a few times bigger packs than they used to. Also now you can even spot some new bosses as pack champions.

- A few Easter Eggs. :)

- A lot more, like really a lot.

When will I have a chance to play it?

Well thats a hard question. I have lots of free time which I will mostly spend on working on the mod. If I experience a burnout it may last like a few days without any work done but nothing more than that. I will upload a public release demo when I will have enough content to show you.

To give you an example how fast things are done here's a little 'changelog' of what I did today:

Spoiler for Hiden:
-Implemented new Satyr mobs and champions. (included: custom textures and skills for them.)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

-Implemented first Twisted Hero boss: Hexxen the Twisted Brute God.
Spoiler for Hiden:

-Reworked and rebalanced part of the Storm Mastery:

- Spending points on Storm mastery levels is now more rewarding
Spoiler for Hiden:

- Rebalanced Storm Nimbus skill and its synergies (now called Thor's Might)
Spoiler for Hiden:

- Rebalanced Energy Shield and its synergy (now called Electrical Barrier)
Spoiler for Hiden:

- Created a new tier 1 skill called Electric Wave which sends out a wave of lightning damage. Also I made a tier 2 synergy with frostburn duration damage. Basically works as a mirror to the flame tongue skill from earth mastery to reward storm users more early on and to give them an alternative to Icy Shard.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

- Created new tier 6 skill Summon Storm Scorpos which summons a Storm Scorpos Lord for a limited duration. Works similarly to Ether Lord but if you reach 4 +to all    skills you can have it summoned infinitely.
Spoiler for Hiden:

- Rebalanced Squall+ synergy.

-Increased number of monsters and champions globally. (Though it will be customized to certain proxies.)

-Customized Helos proxies.

-Increased potion stacking to 1000.

That's it for now, let me know if anyone would be interested in playing this so I know if there is a point for me to continue working!

EDIT: better look of the post

« Last Edit: 11 June 2018, 18:45:24 by nithrise »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Twisted Heroes Mod
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2018, 09:39:08 »
that looks fantastic :D
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2018, 12:31:14 »
Looks fun! Do you plan to rework any other mastery?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nithrise

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2018, 12:36:31 »
Yes, every mastery will be reworked in the way Storm is.

that looks fantastic :D
Thanks!

More updates coming tonight with screenshots or a video, don't know yet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2018, 23:41:50 »
Yes, every mastery will be reworked in the way Storm is.

I will definetly keep an eye on this thread. I'm curious about the reworks. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2018, 14:28:46 »
Outstanding work!I will definetly follow progress.I only got 2 questions:
1.Are you going to add new extra/secret areas?
2.What do you have in mind for Spirit mastery?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nithrise

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2018, 15:54:14 »
Outstanding work!I will definetly follow progress.I only got 2 questions:
1.Are you going to add new extra/secret areas?
2.What do you have in mind for Spirit mastery?

Thanks for the kind words! As for your first question I think yeah, I will. Something like Blood Cave in Underlord but this time it won't be a cave as every secret area is.
About your second question: I don't know yet, but I will add an LPM charging attack like onslaught which increases %vitality damage and adds vitality damage to your attacks. Synergies will reduce resistances, add %ADCtH, %vitality damage and life leech. Vitality hybrid players will be finally happy. ;)

Here are some gifs and screenshots showing Helos area and Electric Wave skill.

Mastery Tree
Spoiler for Hiden:
Electric Wave Effect
Spoiler for Hiden:
Electric Wave Effect on mobs
Spoiler for Hiden:
New Satyr ~ Plaguebearer mob and his skills
Spoiler for Hiden:
New Satyr ~ Flameborn champion and his skills
Spoiler for Hiden:
Threllen ~ Satyr Shaman spawning a Twisted Obelisk upon death
Spoiler for Hiden:
Twisted Obelisk spawning Haxxen upon death. It has a death effect(Threllen has one too) so it looks cool but it didn't show up this time and I dont know why
Spoiler for Hiden:
Death of Haxxen and him spawning a Twisted loot Orb and dropping a Story Fragment
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Some screenshots
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2018, 16:50:23 »
Looks promising! I like it, especially the reworked Satyrs. Keep it up :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2018, 17:29:18 »
I like what I see. Looking forward to the other updates!

My only worry is that all those bonuses granted from mastery become too OP... what do you think?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nithrise

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2018, 17:35:08 »
Thanks a lot!

My only worry is that all those bonuses granted from mastery become too OP... what do you think?

Every monster in the game will have tweaked resistances so it will mostly balance out. Also as you could see spending points on mastery also takes some resistances from you and movement speed(I will try to make it themed for every mastery like defense = increased hp, armor and pierce resistance but lowered elemental resist and max energy etc.), I will try to balance advantages and disadvantages so they will be more even, now it's only a 'test' version of what final form of this will look. Alternatively i will nerf those bonuses so they won't be too powerful.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2018, 18:01:58 »
as like the others said!

Im loving it! i like that new content ! keppt it up!
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2018, 19:26:31 »
Yes, it looks promising. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2018, 19:28:23 »
Thanks a lot!

Every monster in the game will have tweaked resistances so it will mostly balance out. Also as you could see spending points on mastery also takes some resistances from you and movement speed(I will try to make it themed for every mastery like defense = increased hp, armor and pierce resistance but lowered elemental resist and max energy etc.), I will try to balance advantages and disadvantages so they will be more even, now it's only a 'test' version of what final form of this will look. Alternatively i will nerf those bonuses so they won't be too powerful.

I see. The bonuses were cropped by the gif so I just assumed those were all positives.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nithrise

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2018, 01:50:35 »
as like the others said!

Im loving it! i like that new content ! keppt it up!
Yes, it looks promising. :)

Thank you very much, you cant imagine how much your opinions matter ;)

A little story for you that really happened today: I went for a little trip this evening at the local lake to swim as it was nice weather today in Poland. When I was walking here and there I was thinking about what creative can I do today in the mod as yesterday's proxy modifing made me tired. So I tried to walk over a big log just for fun as I was pretty bored as I had to wait for a friend. When I got on the log I accidentaly fell as it rained in the morning and the log was slippy. I bruised my knee a bit and it started to bleed. And I f!@#ing nearly screamed eureka. Let's edit my least favorite mastery: Rogue, to become a bleeding damage monster. And so am I doing right now!

Check this out: ;)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Yeah I know its not much but Im happy from the result as I did it in a bit over than an hour. Here in this mastery every skill will be reworked, meaning balancing and recreating effects to match the blood theme. As it was in storm mastery I will add new skills here too, mainly an AoE strike like War Dance. Also I plan to rework Poison Gas Bomb to deal bleeding and poison damage(I will probably half the original poison damage and add same amount of bleeding to keep it balanced) and change its colour (poisons can be red too :P). I will update you when either I do something miraculous or finish this mastery completely.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 13 June 2018, 03:24:48 »
Looks nice!

Just a suggestion here, you should choose a color that will be the theme of your mastery and apply it to the skills. I guess you had thought of it but just didn't do it yet, but I'm saying it just in case.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal