Author Topic: Shaman build help  (Read 5718 times)

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Shaman build help
« on: 16 July 2022, 06:16:20 »
Hi all

Came back to TQ after a long hiatus, playing on mobile for the time being. I’d love to try a Shaman class, now that Spirit (my favourite mastery) is buffed again with the new perks from Atlantis, but can’t seem to find any up to day guides on a good Shaman.

Have any of you who have played recently got any tips for me? The last iteration I’ve played the game was pre-Ragnarok, so I’m a little bit rusty, but really want to make the Shaman class work.

Thanks!
AER/A Mobile Deathless x3:
Bleed caster Warlock / hybrid melee Oracle / caster Conjurer

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: Shaman build help
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2022, 09:51:11 »
Not guide, but i have build showcase videos for you. Skill, gears, attribute allocation near the end of every (almost) videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLYsGLgG7ijfJ66R6xtjIA/search?query=shaman

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2022, 20:02:45 »
Thanks Icefreeze. I have had a look and closely modelled my Shaman on your own, and im up to Act V Epic. I had a couple of follow-up questions, if you don’t mind!

1. Im really enjoying thrown weapons and using Thunder Strike, but noticed that you used a bow in your primary weapon slot - why was this? Did you find it easier to use a bow? Are there better end-game bows than thrown weapons?

2. I’ve always enjoyed caster builds and have been loving using Thunder Strike>Life Drain to wipe mobs, but I’m not sure that this would work in Legendary without any Resist Reduction. Would a Vitality Resistance reduction focus, spread by Thunder Strike to finish with Life Drain, be viable CC on Legendary? Then using the auto attacks to wipe up anyone who survived.

3. Just on that last point, are Vitality Damage and Elemental Damage are both enhanced by Intelligence, right? (Sorry, bit of a noob question but I’m a bit rusty).

4. Finally, how much base Dex should I invest in before dumping all my points into Int/Health/Energy? I’m at 390 base now (which is what your account had).

Thanks in advance!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2022, 07:55:52 »
1. Im really enjoying thrown weapons and using Thunder Strike, but noticed that you used a bow in your primary weapon slot - why was this? Did you find it easier to use a bow? Are there better end-game bows than thrown weapons?

2. I’ve always enjoyed caster builds and have been loving using Thunder Strike>Life Drain to wipe mobs, but I’m not sure that this would work in Legendary without any Resist Reduction. Would a Vitality Resistance reduction focus, spread by Thunder Strike to finish with Life Drain, be viable CC on Legendary? Then using the auto attacks to wipe up anyone who survived.

3. Just on that last point, are Vitality Damage and Elemental Damage are both enhanced by Intelligence, right? (Sorry, bit of a noob question but I’m a bit rusty).

4. Finally, how much base Dex should I invest in before dumping all my points into Int/Health/Energy? I’m at 390 base now (which is what your account had).

Thanks in advance!
1. The build that use Nidbow for its grants skill which deal vitality dmg. This grants skill on bow has 0s recharge time, with fixed % to procs from attacks/skills that deal dmg on enemies. Spam any attacks/skills to procs this grants skill quite often and works well with Necrosis (Deathchill Aura).
- Rune give the best benefits to dualwield throw weapon, and it's very well if you using Menhir Wall often to block enemies for defense (required have recharge reduction from gears or using Sacred Rage skill of Rune).
2. You can come clone to enemies then using Life Drain with max possible Souldrain + max out Deathchill Aura/Necrosis, after this combo almost enemies die, you can finished by Thunder Strike. Necrosis reduced enemies Vitality resistance alot, so you should using it any time if focus on Vitality dmg as main dmg source.
3. Yes, Vitality scale the same with any elemental direct dmg from Intelligence; Vitality decay scale the same as any elemental DoT from Intelligence.
4. It depends on our how you play your character, the gears you equip.
Like i always like to using gears that give recharge reduction, so i invest enough attribute to equip gears requires, then mostly attribute invested to the attribute that increased the dmg source character do, some into health, energy if it's really worth it.

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2022, 16:49:47 »
Thanks for the amazing tips Icefreeze!

I’m using the Shaman as my item farming character and really enjoying it, it’s quite a rapid boss killer. I’ve just finished Act 3 Legendary and have been farming Typhon, readying myself for Act 4. I’ve currently got this setup and resistances (https://imgur.com/a/yn0n1cW):

- Purifying Helm of the Magus (+Poison Resist, -%Recharge), slotted with a Herakles Might
- Crest of MuRong/Apollo’s Will/Myrmidon’s Pendant, for resists
- Calypso’s Cover, for resists and +2 Skills
- SBCs, not great affixes but +3 Skills and slotted with a +Bleed resist Boar Hide
- Volva’s Boots, for +1 Skills, -%Recharge and resists,
- Talisman of the Jade Emperor (ability procs often and helps deal with pesky archers and mages).

I’ve got solid resistances, and lots of +Skills so I have a very fleshed out character for Level 73. Is there anything you would recommend looking for to improve this build from the next two Acts? I feel pretty sturdy as it is but i’m sure I don’t have BiS gear in most places. Also, are there any top tier Legendaries that are worth farming for for future characters?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2022, 07:07:13 »
If you want more dmg with max cap recharge reduction & +4 all skills, you can refer this gears build of mine:
https://youtu.be/aQFSOVImYC4?t=902

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2022, 01:14:28 »
Thanks Icefreeze - great setup but lots of farming required haha - off to work I go!

Currently, I’ve been amending my build a bit with some Atlantis Tinkerer stuff. I have one spot left on a ring - what do you think would be the best final relic to slot onto the ring? Should I double down on Vit resist with another Demon Blood, or spread the resists out with a Atlas Endurance, or go super offensive with an evening star slot? Bear in mind the one act left is Act V Legendary, and then all I’ll be using the character for is farming Hades, Fafnir and Surtr.

(I also have another Evening Star with the 50% Damage to Demons completion bonus, but thought I’d rather stack out against undead as they resist Life Drain)

https://imgur.com/a/ufM2OwJ

Thanks in advance!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2022, 05:02:30 »
It depends on enemies that you face. But max out Vitality resistance is always recommend.
You can find a Legendary Demon's Blood charm with completion bonus that added fire res which will fill your character's vitality and fire res. Fire res is very important at late act5.

Tags: shaman spirit rune guide 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal