Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - Presentation, changelogs, downloads  (Read 182640 times)

Offline Abraham

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Hello soa, the mod is beautiful, thank you for not leaving your work on this project.

I'm having a problem. I put the soul files on the original TQ game. Created Xmx for myself (I don't usually play without it). But the extended caravan does not function. Both in the hero and in the gears. Visually the space in the caravan expanded, but items are not put there. This problem is ONLY with Xmax mod. On the original SV is not observed.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
just wan know if it possible to give us a version of this mod with like lootplus/xmax
As a general rule, I don't do any mod merge (SV with XMax or whatever). I don't want to spend any time to publish and maintain other versions, that won't be balanced anyways.
You may do that by using a"hard" installation of SV and couple it with another mod. However, this may very well brings bugs and break some SV functionalities.
I don't know exactly what's in XMAX but I heard there's more than a simple increase in monster numbers, there may other stuff that has never been fixed in there.

I'm having a problem. I put the soul files on the original TQ game. Created Xmx for myself (I don't usually play without it). But the extended caravan does not function. Both in the hero and in the gears. Visually the space in the caravan expanded, but items are not put there. This problem is ONLY with Xmax mod. On the original SV is not observed.
I'm not sure what game version you're using, is it the old TQ (disc, non-Anniversary) version ? If so, then this version of SV is not compatible, it was made for TQ: AE only, with Ragnarok and Atlantis required. Otherwise, bugs are to be expected.
The interface has changed in AE (since Atlantis at least and later with EE) and SV has been adapted to those changes.

If you're using AE with SV (Hard installation) + Xmax, then this is likely a Xmax bug, this mod may affect the interface in a way even if it is not supposed to.
I don't support SV with other mods or external tools.
« Last Edit: 03 January 2023, 13:51:11 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Abraham

• View Profile
    • Awards
If you're using AE with SV (Hard installation) + Xmax, then this is likely a Xmax bug, this mod may affect the interface in a way even if it is not supposed to.

I'm using Titan Quest Anniversary with all the Ragnarok, Atlantis, EE + SV (hard install). Xmax created myself based on the SV database. Running it through Play Custom Quest.

I don't support SV with other mods or external tools.

Pity, but good luck with the modding anyway.

Offline Abraham

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hello, soa. I have some questions.
1. Do you plan to change Neidan's mastery in any way? Will there be any skills from the LoC mod incorporated into Neidan?
2. After the recent stym updates, 3 new Chaos dungeons were added to the original game.  One at the waterfall of Chryseos in Greece, another between Memphms and Fyum, and in Tartarus after Charon's bridge. I've been through almost 2 acts, I couldn't find the first two locations. Were they moved somewhere or cut out of the mod altogether? Chaos keys fall out of the bosses.
3. I can't create a Major Egyptian Soul Gem. Forging it requires 2 Minor Egyptian Soul Gem.
Spoiler for Hiden:
As you can see in the screenshot, I have 2 Minor gems in my inventory, but the formula shows one missing. This makes it impossible for the wizard to forge the larger gem. Is it a bug, or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: 09 January 2023, 16:31:12 by Abraham »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello, soa. I have some questions.
1. Do you plan to change Neidan's mastery in any way? Will there be any skills from the LoC mod incorporated into Neidan?
2. After the recent stym updates, 3 new Chaos dungeons were added to the original game.  One at the waterfall of Chryseos in Greece, another between Memphms and Fyum, and in Tartarus after Charon's bridge. I've been through almost 2 acts, I couldn't find the first two locations. Were they moved somewhere or cut out of the mod altogether? Chaos keys fall out of the bosses.
3. I can't create a Major Egyptian Soul Gem. Forging it requires 2 Minor Egyptian Soul Gem.
Spoiler for Hiden:
As you can see in the screenshot, I have 2 Minor gems in my inventory, but the formula shows one missing. This makes it impossible for the wizard to forge the larger gem. Is it a bug, or am I missing something?

1. Neidan is out of place mastery (Neidan came out in the Middle Ages), so it will have to change. I'm thinking about turning it into an Alchemy mastery. The specifics are not known, I have several ideas but haven't started to work on it. I don't plan on following the same path as LoC which is a pet mod.

2. The map updates since EE came out are not yet included in SV (so no HC dungeons, no temple at Helos, no map in the East).
I'm currently working on patch 1.12 which will bring those changes to the SV map with lots of bugfixes, rebalance and new content for the East part.
I think HC dungeons will be included as they are at first, they are quite uninspired, maybe worthless but it'll be a first step.

3. Yes it's a known bug. Maybe I'll issue a 1.11d patch because 1.12 is not close.

For this type of questions, on SV Discord, you can check the roadmap channel for futures changes and the bug report channel.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Abraham

• View Profile
    • Awards
Soa, thank you for your reply.

Offline huzhanshao

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Hello soa, thank you for your effort. It is so wonderful.
I have some ideas and suggestions. I don't know if you like them.

1. It may be possible to add an automatic refresh mechanism for the bosses of the main task and the branch task, allowing them to regenerate half a minute or one minute after being killed, so that we don't need to exit the game repeatedly when collecting souls.

2. Can you allow us to reset attribute points as easily as resetting skill points? One possible way is to integrate skill points and attribute points, and obtain 5 skill points and 0 attribute points for each upgrade. At the same time, allowed to use skill points to upgrade attributes. (Add 5 skills in the skill panel to add the corresponding 5 attributes.)

Thank you again for your efforts.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello soa, thank you for your effort. It is so wonderful.
I have some ideas and suggestions. I don't know if you like them.

1. It may be possible to add an automatic refresh mechanism for the bosses of the main task and the branch task, allowing them to regenerate half a minute or one minute after being killed, so that we don't need to exit the game repeatedly when collecting souls.

2. Can you allow us to reset attribute points as easily as resetting skill points? One possible way is to integrate skill points and attribute points, and obtain 5 skill points and 0 attribute points for each upgrade. At the same time, allowed to use skill points to upgrade attributes. (Add 5 skills in the skill panel to add the corresponding 5 attributes.)

Thank you again for your efforts.

1. Maybe it's technically doable but I think it would take a lot of time and effort, and I'm not sure everyone would like it. Also the respawn may look weird or I would need to create spawn effects.
Not sure what you mean by branch task (secondary quests ?)

2. This kind of mechanic is completely impossible to create in a mod, it needs an engine modification.
Fortunately, a recent patch from the official game has added potions to reset attributes. So I'll include them in the mod, and maybe create several new ways to drop or craft them.

Offline Abraham

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hello, Soa. I play on xmax. The game is just great. Especially pleased with the new monster models on Atlantis. However, I passed almost all of Atlantis, but only got 1 soul, and that's on xmax. Drop of souls seems to me to be very small there. Noticed a few bugs.

1. tigerman (wang_42) boss, but after his kill does not appear orb with the loot.
2. the game crashes periodically on the desktop when trying to put a unique upgrade formula in the window enchanter. Crashes do not occur every time, after 1-3 times. Crashes occur not only on Xmax, but also on the original soul (checked).

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Updated the OP with version 1.11d.

Hello, Soa. I play on xmax. The game is just great. Especially pleased with the new monster models on Atlantis. However, I passed almost all of Atlantis, but only got 1 soul, and that's on xmax. Drop of souls seems to me to be very small there. Noticed a few bugs.

1. tigerman (wang_42) boss, but after his kill does not appear orb with the loot.
2. the game crashes periodically on the desktop when trying to put a unique upgrade formula in the window enchanter. Crashes do not occur every time, after 1-3 times. Crashes occur not only on Xmax, but also on the original soul (checked).

1. Xiao Wang and Daechalcos (Uber Beetle Hero in act II) don't have one. I will fix that in patch 1.12.
2. There's a very poorly written piece of code that was added in the official game after Atlantis came out. If your inventory & caravan are loaded with too many items, then anytime you will use a formula the game will struggle (because it's trying to display in yellow the reagents you have).
It's impossible to fix that, so make sure that at least you sell as many items as you can and try not to hoard too many of them in the transfer area/relic vault.

As for Atlantis, soul drop rate is the same as other acts. I think I'll increase hero spawn rate. Possibly double it, as I think it's the main reason. Maybe I'll increase the soul drop rate per herp just a bit to 10 instead of 8%.
The act is optional and short so you tend to get less souls overall, but at the same time the cost for unique upgrades/potions is the same. So it would be some sort of compensation.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2023, 23:25:28 by soa »

Offline Abraham

• View Profile
    • Awards
Updated the OP with version 1.11d.

1. Xiao Wang and Daechalcos (Uber Beetle Hero in act II) don't have one. I will fix that in patch 1.12.
2. There's a very poorly written piece of code that was added in the official game after Atlantis came out. If your inventory & caravan are loaded with too many items, then anytime you will use a formula the game will struggle (because it's trying to display in yellow the reagents you have).
It's impossible to fix that, so make sure that at least you sell as many items as you can and try not to hoard too many of them in the transfer area/relic vault.

As for Atlantis, soul drop rate is the same as other acts. I think I'll increase hero spawn rate. Possibly double it, as I think it's the main reason. Maybe I'll increase the soul drop rate per herp just a bit to 10 instead of 8%.
The act is optional and short so you tend to get less souls overall, but at the same time the cost for unique upgrades/potions is the same. So it would be some sort of compensation.

I understand. Thank you.

Offline Zandalor1992

• View Profile
    • Awards
Good Evening,  Does it work on the mobile version?

Offline huzhanshao

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Soulvizier AERA - Presentation, changelogs, downloads [1.11d RELEASED]
« Reply #207 on: 03 February 2023, 18:27:36 »
Hello soa, I really love this mod and when I passed the game, I have some feelings and suggestions.

1. In act5 and Atlantis, the spawn rate of hero was so low that when I passed and killed almost all the monsters, I only got a few souls at these two acts. The long journey without hero also seems a little boring. I hope that the spawn rate of hero in act5 and Atlantis can be raised to the same level as in act1~4.

2.(This is just an idea, and the decision is up to you) For all acts, in epic and legendary difficulty, heroes can have a higher spawn rate (for example, 1.5 times). Because in the early stage of ordinary difficulty, the characters are relatively fragile, and the current spawn rate of heroes is very appropriate. In epic and legendary difficulty, our characters are mature enough and eager to accept more challenges. I asked several of my friends, and they also look forward to such challenges.

Thank you very much for all the work you give to this mod.

Offline wiadox

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #208 on: 14 February 2023, 22:21:59 »
Hi all
I have a problem with all artifacts and some relics. They just don't show up for me.
Just instead of them there is one small gray square.
Installed the patch according to the instructions: Latest patch, Option 1 - Manual installation
Game latest version.

Offline risa_strata

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: 16 February 2023, 21:09:50 »
Thank you for still making a mod for a very old game.
Here are what I have noticed so far.

gyazo.com/9a6689146669834487210abfda6e9093

Forge Formula - Angelheart Garland
seems not to accept Garland (grayed out.)

Forge Formula - Angelheart Garland
seems not to accept Tribal Headdress (grayed out.)
Also what is "Essence of Growth relic"?
I first thought it would be a new SVaera relic, but it is shown in gold letters (neither yellow or gray letters).
So could it be a typo in code or something?

"Mana Potion" is renamed as "Standard Mana Porion", while "Health Potion" is not changed.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal