Author Topic: The Cities Mod version 3  (Read 1915 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DrGray

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
The Cities Mod version 3
« on: 14 March 2020, 00:02:41 »
Greetings fellow titan questers.

I am here today to announce that version three of The Cities Mod that I posted about two years ago is now available for download.  Version three has more maps, more armor sets, numerous tweaks and fixes to the previous equipment, and more skills for each mastery.  For this version it is very important to read Introduction text file.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I have been playing Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne for more that ten years.  I enjoy playing the game, but after the first dozen characters or so I started to get a little tired of playing just one map.  I decided to make a new map to play.  I started small, but I kept going.  I ended with a collection of maps I call The Cities Mod.   At this time, the mod consists of twenty-four maps.  The mod starts with Helos and progresses in difficulty to Hades.  In addition, there are new weapons, armor, rings, amulets, relics, sets, and skills.  This gives the opportunity to select different maps, and different equipment for each new character.  In all, the mod is over two gigabytes in size.  I put the mod in my Dropbox so that you can download it.  There is a limit to the file size that Dropbox can handle.  I was forced to separate the mod into four parts.  Just download all the parts into the same folder and the parts should auto-assemble into one big CustomMaps folder.  Again, please read the Introduction text file before you start playing.

The primary objective of the mod is to give the player options on how to play the game.  In the unmodified game there are just enough monsters and side quests so that the character will be strong enough to defeat the final Boss Monsters when he gets there.  However, that means he must kill the monsters in every roadside cave, and clear each area completely.  If he just runs down the road he won't be a high enough level when he gets to the end.  If the character goes to all of my maps then he can get over 15,000,000 experience points, enough to put him at level 44.  So, the character can skip some of the areas in the main game and make up the points using some, or all, of my maps.

A beginning character has no skills.  It takes him quite a while to get all of the skills in his chosen masteries.  Using the special armor sets I added makes it more fun because he will have some skills from the start.  Another option is to use Stonebinder relics to make his own mastery.

It is possible to go to TheGalleria and pick up some items before you start.  My sister Diana had a habit of taking a new character to TheGalleria and equipping her character with the best armor, weapons, rings and put relics is everything with mathematical precision.  We joked about it so much that I made her a special ring to save her the time.  That is why there is a Diana's Ring in TheGalleria that is so outrageously powerful.

Another option is to use only the special items included in the main game.  My maps include an Arcane Lair close to the spawn point.  Each lair has a group of level appropriate items.  For example, the Sparta map has an Arcane Lair with level six items, which is about the level a character will be when he gets to the spartan warcamp.

An option that is available to beginning characters is that when he goes to TitanQuestCitiesMod for the first time he will not get a copper dagger, he will get an Adventurer's Ring.  The ring gives him the ability to summon an Adventurer's Kit.  The kit includes weapons, armor, rings, money and so on.  There are several kinds of Adventurer's Rings, but each character will get only one.

The most important new option for this version is more skills for each mastery.  I added four more skills to each mastery; three skills at tier one and one skill at tier six.  I tried to make the new skills particularly useful to that mastery.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/twnm3ns5jhe6bos/AACjMuzHQgy3GRrdSl3RfZD_a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gc3mso9jmt3x5fa/AAB2RmcKKLB6qDlhRWu4PI9va?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vyl12xnog7igdr6/AADXE1Iu18jVE6-PzvKSkPija?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bk8lpeagz96e14t/AADcwfl9FjsNn8X1kn_bnyWba?dl=0

One time when I uploaded a mod there was a problem with the download that required fixing.  I will be grateful if someone posts a message to let me know that they downloaded everything and the mod works okay.

Sincerely,
DrGray

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: The Cities Mod version 3
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2020, 03:32:48 »
Nice. Some time ago I installed version 2 but stopped with playing, not sure what was the reason, but probably because I'm fan of SV and LOC and Lilith map. Maybe will try this in next months. I'm happy to see that someone is working around IT :)
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal