Author Topic: Skinchanger Petmaster  (Read 18340 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Skinchanger Petmaster
« on: 22 December 2017, 01:11:26 »
Skinchanger Petmaster

Update: finally able to turn this to a guide.. it turned out well and something different

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=477.0

Like Medea's Trickster thread, this is also more like a journal than a guide because i don't know how good this will be in the long run. But the journey's no fun if you know where you're going so I'll go with this anyway. I'm planning on playing petmaster skinchanger. My love for unconventional builds has led me to this. I admit i was originally planning for a more unconventional build in dual wield melee soothsayer. But when i tested the MI sword einherjar's fate, the granted skill reckless offense just doesn't work. It wouldn't allow me to equip two weapons. This bug has killed another 1 of my planned builds: the dual wield iceshard sage or dual wield ice shard druid. i was planning on equipping einherjar's fate and persephone's caress.

Ok, now back to the skinchanger, there are 3 reasons why I'm planning to play this:

1) Rune seems to offer very little for petmasters

2) My belief that any combination can work

3) My motto in this game being never trash a skill

I haven't played much rune yet but so far my least favorite skills are runic mines and menhirs. So, what better way to play than a skinchanger focusing on pets, runic mines, and menhirs :)  . This will be an accomplished hero because i want to progress to later difficulties asap. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong. Rather, I'm trying to find good use for those skills.

If you can think of synergies or weaknesses i might have missed, feel free to comment below.

Now, if i can just think of a good name for my skinchanger..
« Last Edit: 04 June 2018, 00:56:11 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Skinchanger Petmaster
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2017, 08:39:36 »
Go for it botebote77.  I would think it might play similar to a Champion (Warfare/Nature) or Guardian (Defense/Nature) which again don't have that much synergy between the two masteries.  Look forward to reading your experiences with this new class.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2017, 11:23:54 »
i started str/dex with the intent of getting int later because i see going hybrid as a fail safe option.. i didn't want to waste +90% physical from strength of the pack.. i haven't even gone far yet and i already see several skinchanger tricks i missed.. it's really different when you're actually playing it..

1) HoO is the perfect skill to offset 40% health from sacred rage.. one could deliberately get one's HP to 40% and it still won't be very low because of HoO

2) sapros the corrupter fits a hybrid melee skinchanger.. HoO to counter the -25% HP penalty from sapros.. reduced resist and reduced armor from sapros to deal better phys and elem damage

3) an int based skinchanger can deal massive elemental AoE damage.. plague, seal of fate, refresh, seal of fate and plague, thunder strike, refresh, thunder strike.. this is better with dual throwing weapons.. not to mention it gets even stronger with charged up rune weapon

4) a petmaster skinchanger focusing on energy might be viable.. i just noticed energy armor stays on pets even after they get far from you, provided they are near you when you cast it.. so theoretically, one could cast max energy armor, hide in briar ward, then let the pets do the killings.. energy armor at lvl 12 has 6900 flat damage absorption but also have over 3k energy cost.. nature have tranquility of water and briar ward sanctuary to reduce energy cost

edit: no need for energy.. some energy reduction gear and high level sanctuary solves the energy cost

i haven't thought any of those when i created my toon

1) i don't think it suits me because of my habit of drinking health pots at 50%HP for melees and 75%HP for glass cannons

2) i can still try sapros, i have 2 in my vault

3) and 4) i completely missed that
« Last Edit: 20 March 2018, 11:12:42 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2017, 01:17:03 »
now at lvl 43, i figure the best way to lvl up is to go melee.. the route i took, energy armor  ;D

https://imgur.com/a/JpTaB

energy armor at lvl 10 has 1538 energy cost.. i only have 1054 energy but i can cast it.. my key items are golden fleece and pelaron for reduced energy cost.. im planning to get it to lvl 12.. i'll max sanctuary if i have to

not getting runic mines and menhirs still eat at me.. i wanted that permanent guardian stones.. but for now i think this is unusual enough and proves rune is also good for petmasters.. i'm tanky, my pets are tanky, everybody happy

offtopic: you guys use plouton's cornucopia? i decided to wear it for the +1 all skills and recharge but i never thought it would solve the mana issues of my mage haruspex.. its not just the mana spell absorption because i rarely get hit.. i don't even drink health pots.. now i also dont drink mana pots

stupid question: how do i make it so that the image shows?
« Last Edit: 27 December 2017, 01:21:05 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2017, 06:16:33 »
Link which you provided is link to imgur page with your image, so its not image location. You have to go right click on image and to get image location which is https://i.imgur.com/LvcAnfk.jpg

Code: [Select]
[img width=950]  https://i.imgur.com/LvcAnfk.jpg  [/img]
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2017, 08:59:17 »
Or once the image is in Imgur click on it and then copy the Message Boards and Forums link on the righthand side and paste it here.   :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2017, 09:15:46 »
ah got it.. thnx efko and medea
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 27 December 2017, 16:46:23 »
Just use PREVIEW button before clicking on POST. It will show you if you did something wrong, also use modify button if there is posted by mistake.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 01 January 2018, 00:56:07 »
so as i was finding my way to the darklands, i found a very interesting weird staff

you see what's weird with that? it implies warfare
you know what's weirder? it's a staff that deals physical damage

so it implies ternion warfare hahahaha.. are the devs taking notes from my physical damage ternion joke?

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/physical-damage-ternion/

i know it's like 1% chance but hey no one can take this feel good moment from me.. i knew it was possible.. physical damage ternion :)

also: go str/int builds  ^-^
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 02:35:58 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2018, 03:58:23 »
or it can also imply a staff wielding conqueror since it has +8 to rally.. or a staff wielding defender.. a thing of beauty

ah yes a ternion spellbinder letting enemies hit you to trigger war horn and adrenaline - defensive reaction from defense

truly beautiful

edit:

so i just had to test it and:

1) as with any staff, it still doesn't work with onslaught

2) the attack is an AoE and has 100% chance to pass through enemies

https://imgur.com/a/WlJKH

https://imgur.com/YTbTzQe
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 04:49:59 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2018, 15:01:46 »
had a bad bad gameplay.. died to epic manticore twice.. forgot i had low poison res and I'm still not that familiar with rune.. but no excuses.. a death is a death and i have 2 now sheesh

but skinchanger has lots of possible tricks.. it's just not easy to see at first look.. because of that death i decided to change tactics.. having lots of pets this time.. 2 nymphs (1 from skill and another granted by blood of ouranos), 3 wolves, doppelganger from dvalins simulacrum (always procs with thunder strike), and 3 guardian stones (i have 80% CDR now so together with refresh, i can have guardian stones with me at all times).. all with lvl 12 energy armor.. that makes 10 of us if only 1 doppelganger procs, sometimes i get more

since the first 3 ragnarok formulas i got were all dvalin's simulacrum, i took it that the game wants me to use dvalin's simulacrum lol.. it's not bad because the stronger i am, the stronger my doppelganger is.. and it always procs with thunder strike.. too bad it doesn't summon pets (i would've filled the screen with pets lol).. i probably will change artifacts later though

i decided to spoil my character now since her 2 deaths.. tracker's hood, oddyseus armor, SB cuffs, volva's boots, seal of the high priest, myrmidon's pendant to name a few.. 80% CDR, +4 all skills, and lots of -%energy cost to cast lvl 12 energy armor.. I'm a full on hybrid now so i can get all of those.. volva's boots have high int req.. tracker's hood has high dex requirement.. oddyseus armor has high str requirement.. but oddyseus armor has -30% requirement reduction and that allows me to wear all of those.. a bit overkill for act 2 epic but i don't want any more deaths
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 15:03:38 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2018, 23:08:04 »
The name of that class makes me want a Druid-like class in Titan Quest.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2018, 23:37:38 »

I need help with my inventory.. as you can see, there are 3 bugged relics (i made sure to show them at the very beginning).. starting act 4 epic, i only play this xmax x3 but i don't think that's the reason.. it could be because i'm using multiple versions of TQvault.. but when opening my TQvault, it doesn't show those 3 relics.. changing  HUD didn't fix it.. bakups made by defiler and TQvault are also bugged because it's been like this for quite some time.. it could be because TQvault v 2.5.3 is bugged for me.. i don't remember this happening when i was using v 2.5.1 or earlier versions.. this is what appears on v 2.5.3

Spoiler for Hiden:

but my problem is those 3 relics are starting to get annoying.. not game-breaking but just annoying.. anyone know a fix for that?

edit: maybe it's from using the bag auto sort button from TQvault? iirc TQIT auto sort doesn't complete relics.. so TQvault auto sort might not be designed to complete relics/artifacts.. so in TQvault it's not completed but in-game it gets completed?
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 04:32:18 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 09 March 2018, 07:18:38 »
Why use multiple versions of the Vault? And your screenshot shows v2.5.2.0 according to the Vault heading.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 09 March 2018, 07:43:22 »
yeah i don't know why it shows 2.5.2.. the file name is 2.5.3 and the link i downloaded it from says 2.5.3.. i use 2.5.1 because the transfer tab and storage tab is hidden in  2.5.3.. epinter said in this post it's an issue of lower (1366x768) resolutions

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=246.msg2768#msg2768

but i just checked and there's a 2.5.6 now at github.. I'll try it later today.. if it's fixed for lower resolutions, maybe i won't have to use earlier versions
« Last Edit: 09 March 2018, 07:44:54 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal