Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96030 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #210 on: 16 July 2018, 19:35:26 »
Free, fast, simple.

https://imgur.com/upload

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: 16 July 2018, 20:46:07 »
Deepblue, sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Being I'm less than an average player and a coward at heart, I about only play a range characters, right now playing Earth/Rune.
Only at Knossos in act 1 but moving along with only an occasional slow down. A long time ago I played Earth only and managed to get through Normal with no death. What i'm playing now is much different. The short range of  knives makes for lots of kiting and excitement. I'm building up Earth first. Volcanic Orb  takes care of of most enemies and the knife takes care of the remains. Also have a fire staff to take care of singles. Try to get health and energy replenish up and resistances up life becomes easier. Good luck
Playing with what I find.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #212 on: 16 July 2018, 21:41:17 »
Hmm....maybe I should have done an elementalist then, less summons but still some and more damaging attacks.
I think I focused too much on pets.

Might take me a bit of time to get that image with the gear up.
Most of it is just found stuff with like one blue piece and some bought rings and necklaces for pet bonuses and a stave for Nature+ bonus....I think....I had a break so I can't even remember.

Edit:
Here's the screenshot, not sure why I did it like this but eh, convenience I guess
https://imgur.com/a/cNfhKOT

If I do an elementalist instead I might keep that robe, it does seem like it would come in handy.
maybe the headpiece too for the vitality resistence

Edit: Crap forgot the artifact
« Last Edit: 16 July 2018, 21:53:37 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #213 on: 16 July 2018, 23:09:35 »
WNG, wow you did it
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tasim

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #214 on: 16 July 2018, 23:29:27 »
Socket everything with relics/charms to up your resistances and some other things(never played a caster, someone will tell you what to look for) and you're good to go. For someone who is constantly saying "I'm bad at this game", dude, you got to Hades with really, really bad resistances. The key thing when it comes to TQ is, as far as I'm concerned, sticking with your character. I started really having fun with my Conqueror around Act 2 Epic, up until then I was mostly just looking to stay alive; right now I'm in Act 5 Epic and I'm steamrolling through it. Oh yeah, farming is NEVER a bad idea. Good luck :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: 16 July 2018, 23:49:41 »
so can i butt in again? I'm actually scared but I'm pushing myself

you see even 1 pic reveals many things.. you don't even have to add artifact, we can identify it by just the appearance: eye of heavens

1) socket your items with charms/relics.. it won't be a waste.. or rather, it will be a waste if you don't use them

2) your right click is ice shard but your jewelries are pet items.. your artifact is also a mage gear.. so which is it? are you a petmaster or caster?you can't be both at lvl39.. well actually you can but it will be a nerf.. I've played many many many casters already.. i can say that if you want to play caster, ditch pets for now.. if you want to play petmaster, ditch ice shard for now.. if it's me, you know what i would choose

3) i think your HP is quite low.. since you have refresh, that means you have nature maxed.. but i think you don't have storm maxed yet.. at lvl 39 and at late act 4, it's time to max both

edit: eh my eyes are playing tricks on me.. no refresh.. i am also getting old and slow
« Last Edit: 16 July 2018, 23:59:22 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: 17 July 2018, 08:11:07 »
Actually I have both maxed, I maxed them both out as early as possible. Although now I'm told that's a bad idea.

I'm supposed to be a petmaster I guess, but when I posted my skill setup, I was told a different one for a regular mage (which I tried since pets are kinda useless now until the next difficulty).
But it didn't really work out all that well and I actually did worse.

Now I have to reset my skills again but I can't even remember what I had them as so I don't really know what to do with it now.

My hp is low because I was told just go with all intelligence (dunno if I did some energy too, someone said don't do that)

I did actually have refresh as a petmaster but like I said before, skill setup redo that didn't work out.

I don't actually know if I have any charms and relics with resistences I'll have to take a look. I'd mostly been keeping them for making artifacts so I never miss a chance to try a new one and see how it goes.

A lot of the times, many builds are barebones explanations, expecting you to already know a lot. So I had to guess a lot of stuff, which wasn't a good idea but didn't really have much of a choice at the time.

I probably made every singe wrong decision and now I'm screwed right?
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 08:13:21 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: 17 July 2018, 09:06:51 »
Actually I have both maxed, I maxed them both out as early as possible. Although now I'm told that's a bad idea.
for a caster or petmaster, yes i would say so.. but you are 39 and at late act 4, you need those HP and free stat points

But it didn't really work out all that well and I actually did worse.

Now I have to reset my skills again but I can't even remember what I had them as so I don't really know what to do with it now.
you did worse because your jewelries are for petmaster.. shop farm for plato's of something and occult of something.. it shouldn't be that difficult finding them from vendors.. don't know what skills you chose but you don't need lightning bolt for now.. choose ice shard

for caster, try this

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc7faf7faf7faf.html?mastery=Druid&master1=4&master2=8&sa=7&m1=32-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-12-1-0-0-8-0-8-12-0-0-0-6-1-0-8-1-1-0-1-0

that's 40 but looking at your XP, it won't be long till you lvl up.. that also means you replace your staff with something for a mage.. it shouldn't be difficult finding one either from loot or vendors.. for casters, i always keep 2 full stacks of energy pots (50).. that is the life of a caster.. but the good side, as long as you play it right, i say it is safer

for petmaster, I'm not really sure as i don't really play a petmaster so I'd rather not give a titancalc link.. but i can suggest a few things:

1) replace your artifact with either a razor claw or summoner's totem

2) your staff, put it on secondary and only switch to that when you are summoning pets.. for your main, find a pet staff

I probably made every singe wrong decision and now I'm screwed right?
at 8 deaths, if that is really true, and especially that you claim you don't know much about the game, i say you are doing well.. quite good

edit: that artifact you have, fist of the heavens, grants tidal wave skill.. it is not a proc, you cast it.. does quite a lot of damage especially on normal.. if you choose to play caster, don't ignore that.. good for bosses

edit 2: well you know you will do better as a petmaster than a caster if you are geared towards a petmaster right? those are 4 items that are either useless or helps but very little for a mage

edit 3: and please don't say you can't find an occult or a plato's.. i always find my rings from vendors even at normal.. if you say that, it's clear you just don't want to
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 12:10:35 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: 17 July 2018, 12:44:49 »
Actually I have both maxed
that just doesn't add up.. an accomplished hero character has 455 health.. that means if you complete all quests, your base health should be 455.. storm mastery at lvl 32 gives 672 HP.. nature gives 640.. 455+672+640=1767.. I'm reading your HP as only 1704

and true enough my accomplished hero ice shard has 1767 HP

Spoiler for Hiden:

it should be like this:
base HP: 300
the poisoned spring: +75HP
lampido's potion: +80
storm: 672 HP
nature: 640 HP
300+75+80+672+640=1767
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #219 on: 17 July 2018, 13:13:50 »
edit 3: and please don't say you can't find an occult or a plato's.. i always find my rings from vendors even at normal.. if you say that, it's clear you just don't want to

that just doesn't add up.. an accomplished hero character has 455 health..
botebote77 suspects something :). More inconsistencies? Of course after 1000 hours of playtime he has all the demon's bloods and what not. Knows the game pretty well too.

I'm surprised people jump in to feed the guy again.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: 17 July 2018, 18:48:46 »
*shrugs* could have sworn both were maxed, well I did take a long break.

https://imgur.com/a/jdZXF2G
https://imgur.com/a/d38GEJz

But at least I'm right, this place doesn't like bad players.

I think I only got 8 deaths because I was really careful, didn't just run through everything really fast and slip up. Also stayed far away.
Although that's not helping now since I'm not doing much damage and my pets (main source of damage) don't survive long.

Edit: Ok I checked everything again and only 3 deaths.
https://imgur.com/a/m2mURAZ
Seriously weird I could have sworn I died more, but then again I don't really check the 2nd stats page much.
Or maybe that was the previous char I got stuck with in near the same spot.
Maybe it was all the near deaths as well, like one hit and I'm gone.
I was also doing a lot of running away in hades palace, not being able to even set foot near an enemy without losing almost all my health and having to flee again.
Like I said, being super cautious.
Probably all of these things made it feel like more deaths.

Low death count alone doesn't entirely mean I'm any good though, like I said, I'm mostly being very careful and at Act IV, progress is incredibly slow due to low damage and running back a lot.
I mean maybe a ranged caster/petmaster char is right for me due to ranged but since I've not entirely got it working right (low damage and slow progress), it's only really halfway good for me right now (low deaths due to range and running away a lot)

As for the health, I have no idea. I just always figured mage types had low health because that's how I've always seen it

sword and shield warrior: high defense, low offense
mage/archer: high offense, low defense

I dunno, I'm trying my best.
That's all I can really do.

Oh well, ban time for me then.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2018, 19:03:06 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: 17 July 2018, 19:51:52 »
*shrugs* could have sworn both were maxed, well I did take a long break.

https://imgur.com/a/jdZXF2G
https://imgur.com/a/d38GEJz

got to the 2nd line and then reason enough not to continue reading

trying to help you and then what do we get in return

fuck you Deepblue
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: 17 July 2018, 20:08:15 »
Well like I said, I can only do what I can do.
If nobody likes that, then so be it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #223 on: 17 July 2018, 20:12:16 »

I'll act as if I never red that.

We're trying to help you. If you want to act negative and not listen to us, you shouldn't bother asking for help in the first place.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: 17 July 2018, 20:15:13 »
Well like I said, I can only do what I can do.
If nobody likes that, then so be it.
i seriously expected you to apologize.. you are unbelievable

you are accusing this whole community of favoring only good players.. how do you think those bad players became good in the 1st place? me including
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal