Author Topic: Things that you want to see on this forum in 2018  (Read 35877 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Online efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Things that you want to see on this forum in 2018
« Reply #30 on: 17 January 2018, 13:34:57 »
Maybe it could be better creating child-board of this board https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?board=59.0 with name Ragnarok or Ragnarok Act V . Reason can be better preview for members when they are searching something specific for Ragnarok and not regular TQAE. Anyway I'm playing IT so my opinion here is irrelevant, but that way will split topics as Ragnarok has in description (from screenshots) "Ragnarok Item" and similar.
Keep on mind 1 thing,  General Discussion board is created mostly for open discussions, and other boards are dedicated to exact thing, simple purpose.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 13:37:20 by efko »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 17 January 2018, 20:48:30 »
just Ragnarok not Ragnarok act V because ragnarok is more than just act 5.. only problem is the general discussion for AE will be irrelevant because most people playing AE switches to ragnarok.. and what medea said is right that IT has more additions to TQ than ragnarok has for AE.. so i think discussions for ragnarok and AE should be in one section only and a better solution would be to put /ragnarok in anniversary edition name section
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 17 January 2018, 20:59:20 »
Yeah, just add it to the board's title: Anniversary Edition/Ragnarök.  Then it's clear it covers both.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 17 January 2018, 22:21:55 »
Yeah, just add it to the board's title: Anniversary Edition/Ragnarök.  Then it's clear it covers both.

It is done!
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 17 January 2018, 22:45:45 »
All your points are well taken. I agree that adding it to the board's title: Anniversary Edition/Ragnarok is a good idea.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Online efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 18 January 2018, 00:45:16 »

It is done!
Just to make things clear, we have 2 more options:
1. We are able to add description for each board, just bellow board. - https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?action=forum#c1 - Bellow General Discussion is "General Discussion about Titan Quest and everything related with game"

2. We are able to add description inside the board. When you click on board on top can be something. Also I believe how there can be used longer explanation or anything you imagine (text).

Both things are nice, simple, but it require a lot of time to make all boards be like that which makes thing a little complicated and that will require weeks or months till all boards are with description.  TQIT Trading for example can have that Megara market in description - someone suggested that about 2 months ago.
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 18 January 2018, 07:48:04 »
I don't think we need to add any further descriptions.  The TQ one is a very general discussion area about the game and not yet convinced we'll get any posts in the Crate or Developers Discussion sections.  If we do it's going to be along the lines of "what do you think of Crate's latest project" or "Are Nordic really making a TQ2?"  So not really related to either IT or AE/R.  Those are already going on down in their general discussion areas.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Benitot

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 19 January 2018, 19:05:58 »
Hey guys, happy to see that we have a new home.

Concerning the forum, personally, I fell a bit overwhelmed by the long list of links on the forum front page.

I think the anniversary edition should be put higher the list than Immortal throne. I have to scroll too much to reach the anniversary edition section. After all that's the newest version of Titan Quest.

I also think the gameplay subsections should be higher the list, it seems lost between all the mods.

That's just a few thoughts. If anyone can suggest ideas that would be great.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 20 January 2018, 00:11:11 »
Hey guys, happy to see that we have a new home.

I also think the gameplay subsections should be higher the list, it seems lost between all the mods.

I raised a bit the gameplay subsection, it should be more clear now.

Good opinions btw, its all i can do for now.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Online efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 20 January 2018, 02:02:35 »
If there is more people with that opinion to move AE more up and IT bellow, that can be done.

I fell a bit overwhelmed by the long list of links on the forum front page
We had a problem with short list, now its better and you'll gets used to forum.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 20 January 2018, 05:41:51 »
I think the anniversary edition should be put higher the list than Immortal throne...

^ Agree with this 100%.  Would be much more user friendly and I'd wager more people would search/read those boards moreso than the IT ones.

There are a good number of mastery forums for their respective versions on the main page, and I get this but can't help wonder if it could be a bit more cohesive? Not sure, maybe it is best left how it is atm though for ease of access  :P
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Online efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 20 January 2018, 17:08:53 »
Not a problem to do. For sauruz, its about moving whole category, not boards, reorder placement.

I don't think we need to add any further descriptions.  The TQ one is a very general discussion area about the game and not yet convinced we'll get any posts in the Crate or Developers Discussion sections.  If we do it's going to be along the lines of "what do you think of Crate's latest project" or "Are Nordic really making a TQ2?"  So not really related to either IT or AE/R.  Those are already going on down in their general discussion areas.
I didn't meant to be descriptions, there could be placed some famous quotes from game. Example, on this forum you can see description for each board http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=forum , but instead of descriptions we can go with quotes. Someone suggested that few weeks ago.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 20 January 2018, 18:52:48 »
As far as I can see the child board titles do the description job and can't see that famous quotes from the game would add anything to those.  Just my opinion.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 21 January 2018, 00:41:07 »
I will see what i can do.

Kept the opinions going!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 21 January 2018, 01:31:45 »
a picture of Milena Markovna as an alternative background
i are TQ titans
i are many people