Author Topic: TQ Fans Forum Layout Ideas  (Read 52505 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: TQ Fans Forum Layout Ideas
« Reply #45 on: 20 March 2019, 13:07:01 »
Good thing you're reconsidering this. I'm sure, the reason general is the "main hub" is because 90% of people are confused or not even aware the others exist. People see "mod" written all over it and stop at that. Definitely separate mods from masteries.

Not Yet Rated!

Online efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #46 on: 26 March 2019, 01:44:45 »
Hey guys, all suggestions are not ignored and for long time I was thinking to little re-organize it, but some facts should not be ignored:
1. We don't want to go with boards which have child-boards inside child-board, that makes those not visible and searching very difficult even for very experienced SMF members, so if something is not visible, that means completely inactive board.
2. We have Tags system in every topic and Tags page, I have to check permissions again, but that it is supposed to help users to navigate, but it require help from everyone so more relevant tags should lead to important topics. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?action=tags
3. Anniversary Edition and Immortal Throne have to be separated. More confusion if they will share same space.
4. AE and IT Masteries have to be separated, and also each mastery should be separated with classes displayed so users can easily find everything they need. It was really hard job to find each class name from mastery mods and then to create board (child-board) for each.
5. Kirmiziperfect site with redirect have to stay since its official place to read or download mods and stuff, also our good friend.

Starting with Boards organization:
- There is no need to change how Announcements are organized, 1st is forum info for which I failed to go with regular updates, but that was main idea, and 2nd is important game info which is left to Medea since I'm not involved that much in game related things.
- General, purpose of this board is to be place to discuss about everything related to forum, game, members, some cool stuff, questions and answers. I would not touch much this category.
Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition/Ragnarök, here can be done some changes, I can make it shorter, so under "Anniversary Edition - General discussion" as child-boards can go "Technical Support" and "Lilith map AE" (lilith can go inside Custom maps where can have its own child-board as well),  "Diablo 2 Immortal AE" can be removed. Now about New Projects and Legion of Champions AE, maybe to change place to place LOC to be last on the list since that way it should be easier to notice, but 1 place bellow also means that someone won't see it if not scroll enough to bottom.
 - Anniversary Edition - Mastery Mods - will be renamed to "Anniversary Edition - Masteries" this has the most important role on forum, in combination with Tags any member can easier navigate to find what he is searching for, also for many mods most of us have no clue about mastery classes, so this is there to help. Also discussions about mastery which player is playing should be in main mastery board or in child-boards for each mastery class. Plan is to expand Masteries list when new masteries project became official, when testing phase is finished.
- Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, similar to AE, as child-boards of "Immortal Throne - General discussion" can go " New Projects " and " Technical Support ", bellow Modifications should be "Gameplay", then "Lilith map IT" with new child board "Custom Maps" where users can finally see their options for more maps to play.  "Underlord IT", I believe that is now Soulvizier, was searching for Underlord info but found nothing, so I guess there is nothing about Underlord to find.
- Immortal Throne - Mastery Mods - same as for AE, " Immortal Throne - Masteries".
- Downloads, I'm against removing it since creator of kirmiziperfect site is with us from beginning, he wanted to help community, helped a lot to save all important stuff that was found from old site or content which other members had. It has to be 2x downloads, 1 for AE and 1 for IT with link to his site in description so users can see where they will be redirected, also it is confirmed that his site is safe source to use to download or read stuff.
- Markets of Megara - can be moved as child boards of Gameplay for both IT and AE.
- About offtopic boards bellow, Anniversary child-board should be added for birthdays and similar stuff?

About console versions as you wish guys, we can make however you decide, just think how it should be done and present idea. It can even go between AE and IT, there probably won't be need to go with masteries like it is for AE and IT.

Definitely our #1 problem so far is "mastery mod"="mod", that bring confusion and should be changed to just Masteries or Mastery.
I gave my vision, provided some details what should not be changed and how to keep some things, but to little re-organize forum.
Opinions? Also if possible, @seventh please try to make new image from my post like you did here, see spoiler bellow https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=21.msg10510#msg10510 ,
Spoiler for Hiden:
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline seventh

• Questin' in a Titanic Scale
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #47 on: 28 March 2019, 05:49:22 »
Hey guys, all suggestions are not ignored and for long time I was thinking to little re-organize it, but some facts should not be ignored:
1. We don't want to go with boards which have child-boards inside child-board, that makes those not visible and searching very difficult even for very experienced SMF members, so if something is not visible, that means completely inactive board.
2. We have Tags system in every topic and Tags page, I have to check permissions again, but that it is supposed to help users to navigate, but it require help from everyone so more relevant tags should lead to important topics. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?action=tags
3. Anniversary Edition and Immortal Throne have to be separated. More confusion if they will share same space.
4. AE and IT Masteries have to be separated, and also each mastery should be separated with classes displayed so users can easily find everything they need. It was really hard job to find each class name from mastery mods and then to create board (child-board) for each.
5. Kirmiziperfect site with redirect have to stay since its official place to read or download mods and stuff, also our good friend.

Starting with Boards organization:
- There is no need to change how Announcements are organized, 1st is forum info for which I failed to go with regular updates, but that was main idea, and 2nd is important game info which is left to Medea since I'm not involved that much in game related things.
- General, purpose of this board is to be place to discuss about everything related to forum, game, members, some cool stuff, questions and answers. I would not touch much this category.
Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition/Ragnarök, here can be done some changes, I can make it shorter, so under "Anniversary Edition - General discussion" as child-boards can go "Technical Support" and "Lilith map AE" (lilith can go inside Custom maps where can have its own child-board as well),  "Diablo 2 Immortal AE" can be removed. Now about New Projects and Legion of Champions AE, maybe to change place to place LOC to be last on the list since that way it should be easier to notice, but 1 place bellow also means that someone won't see it if not scroll enough to bottom.
 - Anniversary Edition - Mastery Mods - will be renamed to "Anniversary Edition - Masteries" this has the most important role on forum, in combination with Tags any member can easier navigate to find what he is searching for, also for many mods most of us have no clue about mastery classes, so this is there to help. Also discussions about mastery which player is playing should be in main mastery board or in child-boards for each mastery class. Plan is to expand Masteries list when new masteries project became official, when testing phase is finished.
- Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, similar to AE, as child-boards of "Immortal Throne - General discussion" can go " New Projects " and " Technical Support ", bellow Modifications should be "Gameplay", then "Lilith map IT" with new child board "Custom Maps" where users can finally see their options for more maps to play.  "Underlord IT", I believe that is now Soulvizier, was searching for Underlord info but found nothing, so I guess there is nothing about Underlord to find.
- Immortal Throne - Mastery Mods - same as for AE, " Immortal Throne - Masteries".
- Downloads, I'm against removing it since creator of kirmiziperfect site is with us from beginning, he wanted to help community, helped a lot to save all important stuff that was found from old site or content which other members had. It has to be 2x downloads, 1 for AE and 1 for IT with link to his site in description so users can see where they will be redirected, also it is confirmed that his site is safe source to use to download or read stuff.
- Markets of Megara - can be moved as child boards of Gameplay for both IT and AE.
- About offtopic boards bellow, Anniversary child-board should be added for birthdays and similar stuff?

About console versions as you wish guys, we can make however you decide, just think how it should be done and present idea. It can even go between AE and IT, there probably won't be need to go with masteries like it is for AE and IT.

Definitely our #1 problem so far is "mastery mod"="mod", that bring confusion and should be changed to just Masteries or Mastery.
I gave my vision, provided some details what should not be changed and how to keep some things, but to little re-organize forum.
Opinions? Also if possible, @seventh please try to make new image from my post like you did here, see spoiler bellow https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=21.msg10510#msg10510 ,
Spoiler for Hiden:

Hey efko,

Sure, I could try my hand at that again, though could you lay out what you would want on the main page like I did on my list? Currently I'm struggling a bit to have a mental image of what your version of the layout would look like.

Similarly, I'll mark my list in the spoiler tag. But this would be what I need to make a good mock-up. Of course something like this, but with what you think is best.

Cheers.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Announcements
-   News and Information
         -   Forum Announcements
         -   Titan Quest Announcements

General
-   General Discussion
         -   New Members, Streaming and Cool Videos, Developer Discussions
-   Modifications
         -   Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc

Masteries
-   Anniversary Edition Masteries
-   Immortal Throne Masteries
-   Mod Masteries AE/IT
         -   Diablo 2 Immortal (AE/IT)
         -   Lilith (AE/IT)
         -   Asylum’s Mod
         -   Destinies
         -   Paths
         -   Legion of Champions (IT)
         -   Underlord (IT)
         -   Solvizier (IT)

New Projects
-   Anniversary Edition Projects
-   Immortal Throne Projects

Technical Support
-   Technical Support
-   Downloads
         -   Anniversary Edition Help
         -   Immortal Throne Help

Non-English
-   Country Boards

Off-topic
-   Around the World

Not Yet Rated!

Online efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #48 on: 11 May 2019, 22:26:35 »
Boards updated. Check for forum changes guys and let me know what do you think, what to add and more.
Now my questions, shall we merge General category with and into Announcements category?
Ragnarok and Atlantis should be like now, or they should be outside AE. If like now, what to do next, to fill board with more child boards or not, with other words shall we completely divide Ragnarok, Atlantis and AE as 3 separated games or just to organize them?
« Last Edit: 11 May 2019, 22:32:24 by efko »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #49 on: 11 May 2019, 23:26:27 »
I would say maybe put Ragnarok and Atlantis as child boards to AE
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal