Author Topic: Melee and AoE  (Read 4056 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Melee and AoE
« on: 18 January 2020, 22:03:47 »
Hi
Does melee always have a hard time during early gameplay in SV?

I'm playing the conqueror, and melee range aoe is so underwhelming.
Both the (max) number of targets hit and yards is too low, especially during the beginning.

This is especially true the more monsters that are grouped up in same area, the less/slower impact the character will have in the game.
Mods that increase number of monsters for this mod (Xmax), loses it's attractiveness for melee heroes.

Is it reasonable to buff the melee class (their aoe effectiveness), to somewhat compete in aoe fights?
Or maybe it's just me...

/Groom

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Melee and AoE
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2020, 03:31:43 »
So you used Xmax for Soulvizier?
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2020, 13:11:58 »
The game (official AE or Soulvizier) is not balanced when you use Xmax. This mod may be fun in some situations, but it creates a huge distortion between classes that have AOE and the others.
It is hard enough to find a good spot between the empty spaces of vanilla and Xmax, SV has something in between that feels right to me.
Maybe melee could use a buff in SV without Xmax too, but there is no way I can balance things for Xmax and non-Xmax users. And I'll always favor people who don't use Xmax/Massbosses or any mod like that.

Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Groom

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2020, 21:40:05 »

Only on old SV, when I wanted/needed some more levels.
Always turned it off during boss fights (one was usually enough in SV).

Is it considered cheating to turn it on/off?
----

@soa
Maybe before implementing a buff, there should be a debate on whether a buff is needed?
Where we state pro and con for the mastery and then if (concluded) buff is needed: by how much (or perhaps the skill needs to change).

Reason I say this is: You need to focus on more important things.

Should we use this forum section (SoulVizier IT), as discussions on the new SV (altough it states IT)?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2020, 20:10:29 »

Only on old SV, when I wanted/needed some more levels.
Always turned it off during boss fights (one was usually enough in SV).

Is it considered cheating to turn it on/off?
----

@soa
Maybe before implementing a buff, there should be a debate on whether a buff is needed?
Where we state pro and con for the mastery and then if (concluded) buff is needed: by how much (or perhaps the skill needs to change).

Reason I say this is: You need to focus on more important things.

Should we use this forum section (SoulVizier IT), as discussions on the new SV (altough it states IT)?

What is a cheat and not a cheat is usually highly debatable and everyone has his own opinion about it.
Turning Xmax on and off when it suits you (and especially when you're fighting monsters that are not dangerous) can be considered a cheat. You're just pumping up your XP and loot with no real risk.
But I don't mind if you or anyone else says it's not a cheat, just a non honorable way of playing (or even if you say it's normal).
What matters to me, is that you don't use it for the beta of new SV because if you do that, your opinion loses its value. You'd not be playing the game the way it's meant to be played, and it's difficult enough to balance things and account for everyone's feedback. Everyone has a different way of playing, different expectations for difficulty, some people play pretty good and some pretty bad, etc. If you add on top of that, that some people play with another mod, some twink, some just add a bit of attributes with Defiler, etc., nothing they say has a meaning anymore.

For 1. and 2.
Post something on the SV AE topic, https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=349.msg13901;topicseen#new, or if it's about masteries on this topic :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=980.0
Or on Discord

In my opinion, this section is for IT. But I'm not an admin.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2020, 21:14:47 »
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne » Soulvizier IT » Topic related with Immortal Throne game, for people with old game, I for example have old game and not AE.

Now about parallels between Soulvizier AE and IT, soa has focus on creating SV for AE and I'm not interfering with his job, my point of view says that 2 different games should be separated and AE & IT are not the same game anymore, also there are console, android...
Also sometimes will happen that SV IT player will discuss about SV AE and there will be middle discussions which are normal thing and is not forbidden, but entire point is to keep some things separated so users can navigate easily when searching for something.
Now upon soa request I can make a dedicated board or more boards, I guess for now its fine like this.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 21:18:39 by efko »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal