Author Topic: Single Mastery (sort of) Untwinked Hardcore Challenge  (Read 21650 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
Re: Single Mastery (sort of) Untwinked Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #45 on: 11 August 2020, 00:35:33 »
Thanks botebote! I'm not sure how long I'll be playing this character because I really just want to get a feel for the "new vanilla" masteries (including Atlantis). But I play self found anyway and I like to play single masteries. I don't normally play hardcore and probably won't survive long but it should spice things up a bit while it lasts!

Durgoth the Theurgist just started Act 2.
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 11 August 2020, 04:33:03 by rakshir »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #46 on: 11 August 2020, 06:27:48 »
If my char sometime play xmax or m4ssboss3s to farming, is she still match this challenge?
Still, she is single mastery, untwinked, maybe will using TQVault to keeps gears, not using prepared gears from other characters.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #47 on: 11 August 2020, 07:17:23 »
If my char sometime play xmax or m4ssboss3s to farming, is she still match this challenge?
Still, she is single mastery, untwinked, maybe will using TQVault to keeps gears, not using prepared gears from other characters.
no sorry.. the grind is part of the challenge. xmax farming makes it easier in some cases

btw @rakshir i noticed you have 21 unspent stat points at lvl 18. that's really how you play? dem i wouldn't be so courageous on a SSF hardcore run. maybe on a L50 char but not at L18 👍

but really, i almost don't attack with my weapon i'm even considering taking away all my points spent on calculated strike.
I guess for knives at ultimate skill ?
forgot to answer this but i don't really know. but more like trapper + warrior usually don't mix together. jewelries should be dedicated to pets (traps). and it's usually safer to just stand around far far away

edit: actually, this char pains me... because I've played a lot of rogue chars and the item combination i found works really good is 3 pet jewelries + SB cuffs + weapon + shield + sthenos wisdom. so do you see the problem and why I'm doubtful i could do that on this char?
weapon + shield = str
SB cuffs = dex
sthenos wisdom = int
3 pet jewelries = no hale or socrates rings
SSF = no symbol of the polymath, thoth's glory, etc
« Last Edit: 11 August 2020, 07:24:23 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #48 on: 11 August 2020, 07:33:08 »
Oh, so i stop her now.
Play single game no mod for farming is take too much of times for only one character.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 11 August 2020, 13:32:15 »
the grind is part of the challenge.. and also, the lack of good items is part of the challenge

act 2 was faster than act 1.. absolutely no farm runs at all
what i was most wary of, of course was the manticore
Spoiler for Hiden:

i think my boots is endgame worthy or at least i can use it for a long time, so i thought why not use the legendary craftsmanship reward from normal.. resists went down but DA increased by about 140. 8%armor protection and +74 to mana. eh but i guess it's not bad

my skills
Spoiler for Hiden:

i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 11 August 2020, 14:25:18 »
btw @rakshir i noticed you have 21 unspent stat points at lvl 18. that's really how you play?
@botebote77 Yeah I wondered if anyone would notice that lol. Old habits die hard. I've always saved my points until I "needed" them for equipment reqs or needed the health to survive a specific fight etc. And, generally, the game starts off easy enough that you can get away with it. I've been aware that it's not the smartest thing for this challenge.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #51 on: 11 August 2020, 23:10:22 »
Thanks botebote! I'm not sure how long I'll be playing this character because I really just want to get a feel for the "new vanilla" masteries (including Atlantis). But I play self found anyway and I like to play single masteries. I don't normally play hardcore and probably won't survive long but it should spice things up a bit while it lasts!

It should spice when the bell rings for the 1st time  ;D
Spirit is a nice mastery to go with. Have a long run.

edit: actually, this char pains me... because I've played a lot of rogue chars and the item combination i found works really good is 3 pet jewelries + SB cuffs + weapon + shield + sthenos wisdom. so do you see the problem and why I'm doubtful i could do that on this char?
Sure you can't spam knives with this char. But damage power is already provided by traps so I was thinking more of knives as an occasional CC skill and Reduced resistances spreading tool. Centaurs, draconians or other deadly fast rushing monsters can be a nightmare for any ranged toon (even with the help of flash powder ?)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 13 August 2020, 05:18:51 »
@Tauceti @botebote77 Congrats to both of you guys for making it into epic in this challenge btw! I'm quite sure I've never made it through Act 3 normal without dying.

Speaking of Act 3...Time for an update on Durgoth. He just arrived there. Epics started raining like candy in and around the Valley of Kings. I've now got three that I'm wearing: Oath Ring, Emerald Crown, and Ben'haamon's Kilt. The new spirit skills are quite powerful, at least for now. Soul drain was ridiculous when I first got it. It adds 150 vitality dmg in an 8m radius. However, the vitality damage doesn't increase with levels, only %reduction to enemy health and energy drain increase. At the moment I have 26 attribute points and 11 skill points saved. I'd better dump some quick if I'm going to survive Act 3. It's probably a good time to pick a new mastery to start spending those skill points in the bar. @botebote77 have you been spending many points in health?
« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 05:21:14 by rakshir »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 15 August 2020, 00:26:26 »
Well I did it. The end of Act 3 was extremely stressful but the spirit tree has a lot of oomph so I'm thankful. I've been swapping out equipment as needed for resistances for certain encounters, which I normally only do after I'm having troubles. But playing hardcore that's not an option. I saved a Pious Sash that dropped, which has 105% life leech resistance, and bought the only "Hallowed" helm I saw in a shop for vitality resistance. Those items made Typhon the easiest he's ever been for me.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 15 August 2020, 02:17:05 »
nice. i'm glad i'm not alone here  :)) . i have progress of my own too

Spoiler for Hiden:
barmanu

undead dragon liche

typhon

have you been spending many points in health?
just 6 pts so far, if i'm not mistaken

Sure you can't spam knives with this char. But damage power is already provided by traps so I was thinking more of knives as an occasional CC skill and Reduced resistances spreading tool. Centaurs, draconians or other deadly fast rushing monsters can be a nightmare for any ranged toon (even with the help of flash powder ?)
i didn't want to say i didn't try your suggestion. actually i've been thinking about it all along, that's why i said i'm thinking of taking away all my skill points from calculated strike

but something just doesn't feel right. and that pic doesn't even justify my efforts on making it work. i swapped my weapon for neiths will for more mana and to cover my vit res because i had to replace demons blood with spectral matter. and i'm already using golden fleece. i've even tried farming for membrane wings hoping to get life leech comp bonus and to have more energy leech.

but my efforts were already going against my plan for this run, which is to have no plans at all  ;D
it's because many skills perform differently with different items, and i don't know what items will drop. so my plan was to not have any plans at all. just go with the flow. and on a run that getting most from your char is not the priority, i don't think i'll risk it. the only goal is to not die, so i'm opting to just keep things simple, and to cover my weaknesses.

i started atlantis, but the difficulty spike is very noticeable. so after getting the 2nd portal in atlantis, i decided to do act 4 first. act 4 have useful rewards, atlantis have none
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 15 August 2020, 05:08:16 »
@botebote77 grats on downing epic Typhon! Major accomplishment.

i started atlantis, but the difficulty spike is very noticeable. so after getting the 2nd portal in atlantis, i decided to do act 4 first. act 4 have useful rewards, atlantis have none
I only played through Atlantis with one character but I ended up firmly of the belief that it should be played after act4.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 15 August 2020, 15:19:52 »
I've been selling absolutely everything that my character can't use but this just dropped. It's just normal version but I'm guessing it's a pretty rare drop?
p.s. If I delete images off of imgur will they be deleted from the forum?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 15 August 2020, 21:11:43 »
If I delete images off of imgur will they be deleted from the forum?
i haven't tried it yet but i think so, since what you post in forum is only the link. maybe admins can confirm
@admins ?
@efko ?

edit: that bow looks like leeching bramblewood of feasting. too bad it's a bow, not a staff
« Last Edit: 15 August 2020, 21:18:06 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #58 on: 16 August 2020, 09:08:07 »
I've been selling absolutely everything that my character can't use but this just dropped. It's just normal version but I'm guessing it's a pretty rare drop?
p.s. If I delete images off of imgur will they be deleted from the forum?

Yes, if you delete images from Imgur they won't show up here.  As bote said what you post here is just a link. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 17 August 2020, 04:15:06 »
Nearing the end of Act 4 I started getting the low health warning more than I was comfortable with so I decided I'd better finally pick my second mastery. After much internal debate, I went with rogue even though it doesn't have the best stats for my character (the strength is a waste). But it's very unlikely I'll make it through legendary without dying and I will keep playing the character afterward. So adding poison and maybe even some bleed will fit the theme of my character and the poison debufs will be extremely helpful. I could get these skills without changing my active skills whatsoever, which is what I will do. The problem is...I want them now! >:(

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal