Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 134183 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #60 on: 05 December 2018, 16:05:27 »
double post

I faced this problem now

I clicked on the ancient device, 1st wave of skelletons appear, i defeat then , and nothing else spawns. i relog the game, and its the same.

Well, according to the quest file the door should unlock after killing all the skeletons. There aren't any other conditions besides using the relic on the keystone thing.

I attached a screen shot of the pertinent section in teh quest file so you can see yourself.

I don't know what went wrong for you. All I know is that I haven't touched the quest file, the skeleton proxies or that entire map section.

I will try to change the quest file to unlock the door when you use the item instead of after killing the skellies.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline fingolfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #61 on: 05 December 2018, 16:08:32 »
Just had a  though

how about introducing something like the Yotian shards that could be assembled to make the Yotian soldier (summoned pet)   I remember something like this was in underlord/soulvizer mods 

The Yotian soldier could provide enhanced skills and provide increase experience (as a multiplier) for example.

Still battling my way through the mod.   Like the new areas around Medea coast    Pirates are bad ass!  especially the boss    Died  twice

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: 05 December 2018, 17:06:46 »
Until I have some free time, I'm just fixing bugs

I just spent three hours trying to fix the Djinn quest and the Dvergr doors quest.

Sometimes it's just heartbreaking how much time I have to spend to make things people take for granted (no blame, just a fact) to even work at all. Can you imagine if you downloaded a mod and the door to the Dverger halls was broke> Or the cave entrance was gone? I would uninstall right then.

And I have so many ideas and the mod needs so much new content like unique items and monsters, and I just don't have the time to do any of it. :(

But like Churchhill said "If you are going through hell, keep going" :)

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #63 on: 05 December 2018, 17:13:59 »
was reading the steam foruns, and i saw people complain about Dvergr doors sometimes dont open because of skellies doesnt always appear in game. so maybe one of skellies cant appear ( ? ), i will try deleting the quest files , as they say it can fix the issue.

Hey man, no need to worries, you are doing a FANTASTIC  job, im just unlucky :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: 05 December 2018, 17:19:32 »
I just sent you a link to the xpack2 quest files with the updated quest.

You can see from the attachment I had before that the quest has:

• Use the relic on the key hole thing
  • Spawn skeletons

then a completely different step:
  • Kill all the skellies
  • unlock and open the door

So I consolidated these two steps into one

• Use the key on the key hole thing
  • spawn skellies
  • unlock and open door

so even if a skelly doesn't spwan, the door is already open anyway.

EDIT: When I said earlier I don't have time, I meant energy. Once it's gone...it's gone.  I'm not working right now so I have plenty of time, I just get exhausted, you know? Like my eyes are swimming with database column values and I look at a word and suddenly I don't know what it means. THAT kind of exhausted.

ALso, I have to admit when I look at that screenshot of the door to the Dvergr halls, it's pretty damn beautiful, isn't it? Just fantastic artwork. :)

AND I still don't know why my Djinn quest didn't work for nargil66. No clue yet.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 17:27:13 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: 05 December 2018, 17:45:52 »
If anyone wants to help me look for the flw in my quest file, I could use another pair of eyes.

So many time when I am writing code it's a typo or something like that that my eyes just brush past.

Anyway, I'l figure it out eventually.

I attached a PDF printout of the quest file, but the quest editor's pront function doesn't preserve the developr comments which is a dumb oversight in retrospect.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: 05 December 2018, 17:50:05 »
No worries man, your mod is outstanding, no matter the bugs. It got me back to playing, you know what i mean. I do have a clue how much effort is involved for every little thing. Its a tremendous work, i can't even imagine how you did all this by now.
Edit: I don't have much experience with quest structure, but everything seems right. I'll make a dummy character and try to do the quest again, and tell you how it goes.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 17:58:00 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: 05 December 2018, 18:04:01 »
Thank you. :)

BTW, I went through the Batle Rage tree and just RIPPED out all the bonuses lol

Totally made it like vanilla.

Removed all the physical bonuses from battle rage and reduced the physical to lower than vanilla. I think a big issue is the fact that it procs 100% instead of like 15%, so I have to treat it like a toggled buff, you know?

Instead of 33% bonus to offensive ability, it starts at like 5% and increases per level to encourage stat dumps into the skill. Also the duration and cooldown do that too. It is still superior to vanilla, just not so OP I hope.

Also nerfed Crushing BLow quite a bit.

Once I update the download and someone tests it, we'll see if it is enough.

Updated the dropbox database ONLY link if you want to try the new version of Battle Rage changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwqz7e1up12wp34/LegionOfChampRagnarok_database_only_v1.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 18:06:48 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: 05 December 2018, 19:16:25 »
Thanks, i'll test it right away.
Btw, i made the dummy char and killed all 3 djinn sisters, but the last one in Obsidian Halls (Sagira) doesn't update quest progress when killed.
I have a suggestion - make them drop quest items (like rings) and with all 3 items collected to finish the quest.

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: 05 December 2018, 19:49:03 »
yep, Sagira is the one that block the quest progression , is like the game dont recognize it.

Btw : its from new database update

« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 19:55:05 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: 05 December 2018, 20:09:23 »
yep, Sagira is the one that block the quest progression , is like the game dont recognize it.

What is the issue in this image? I can't see anything wrong with this.

EDIT: Anyway, found one bug with the Djinn quest. You can't give an item directly to a player. It MUST be a loottable that is used in teh quest file when giving it. Even if the loot table has only teh one item, it's just the way the system is set up.

That's why you didn't get a key.

So I made three quest item rings and added them to the three bloodsisters perPartyMemeberItem drop slot.

Then in the quest file I gave the token when you pick up a ring. I haven't changed the dialog, since it's tedious, but I set the quest completion conditions to be having all three rings. SO even if the dialog and journal screw up, you can complete the quest now.

I haven't finished the new area that the key unlocks, so that's not something I'm interested in testing right now.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 20:55:33 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: 05 December 2018, 21:52:41 »

What is the issue in this image? I can't see anything wrong with this.

Counter Attack is already accessible. our its for testing ?

Since im posting

Gaer Bolgo Spear gives +3 invalid skill

I will leave the rest of feedback for tomorrow, today was a long day , im looking at you Big door :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: 05 December 2018, 22:01:43 »
Counter Attack is already accessible. our its for testing ?

*bangs forehead on desk *

Derp derp derp, I am so smart! SMRT...I mean SMART

Oh well, how about this for a new loading screen?

« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 23:07:43 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: 05 December 2018, 23:21:04 »
Muahaha, I'm catching up with you sauruz. In the City of Lost Souls right now. Untrained all the pets and switched speed to very fast. Overconfidence i guess, but it's more heroic this way. :D I still have temporary pets from the Khenti MI armor to absorb a projectile or two. My only death in Act IV was from Nightblossom quest boss (got hit by all projectiles at melee range). I was close to dieing several times when fighting fungoids tho.
BG, you asked if the regen is making a difference. It makes big difference when countering DoT dmg and in general too. Right now with the combined regen from Trance of Convelescence and Warfare skills i dont buy expensive poitons, the tier 1 potions from Helos are enough :) 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: 05 December 2018, 23:30:10 »
BG, you asked if the regen is making a difference. It makes big difference when countering DoT dmg and in general too. Right now with the combined regen from Trance of Convelescence and Warfare skills i dont buy expensive poitons, the tier 1 potions from Helos are enough :)

Hmmm....what do you think? Well, we will see in Legendary, load up on Ankh of Isis, or was that Ra relics? Well, good luck!

Oh I had an idea, it's pretty specific....how about a monster banner for sleep, which is already in teh database, but here's the idea.

Attack radius duration, 5 of them....I did something similar in v1.1. first has 8m radius, 2nd has 10m, 3rd has 14m, 4th has 24m radius. The trick is to use the config delay setting to get the banner to cast each one as the fist one counts down to zero.

Or better yet an attack projectile AOE skill.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal