Author Topic: "100% volley" - Ternion Bone Charmer Build (pierce/bleed)  (Read 25670 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: "100% volley" - Ternion Bone Charmer Build (pierce/bleed)
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2019, 18:17:18 »
You can using modified " game.dll " file to show direct dmg of character. It can help you see how good gear change affect to your attack dmg.
I think last time we tried to check it it turned out that modified game.dll makes floating numbers show your physical damage on ranged attacks, much like melee attacks do. Any non-physical is lost, but its what you actually need to know. Unless you know how to adress that specifically.

If you are interested in it, Koderkrazy made it into cheat table, and that one actually displays non-physical. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=504.0
I ask Koderkrazy and he show me the way to modified game.dll file to show all direct dmg( not pet's dmg or DoT).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2019, 19:47:40 »
Do you have contact for Koderkrazy? He is offline 2 months already.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2019, 20:01:53 »
Do you have contact for Koderkrazy? He is offline 2 months already.
I send message to him to ask how to show dmg with modified Game.dll file since July 2018  ???.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2019, 13:48:04 »
Update for Atlantis

Troll's Branch drop got fixed, which means Bone Charmer gets an upgrade :>
Performance is now even better, in both survivability and damage; ternion with projectiles passing through is devastating. I'll gladly say now it's my favourite character, and one I'm most proud of.

Base Attributes:
1500 hp
500 ep
74 str
274 int
374 dex

Base stats:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Changed items:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Troll's Branch (of necromancy) - couldn't find a better one so far, will surely keep an eye out for a stronger one
Occult ring of Grace (Monkey King's Trickery with DA) - ran out of occult of immortality, but dex might work better here actually
Changed the relic in SBC from cold essence to magma, making up for the golem heart
Overall more casting speed, a bit more attack speed, huge damage boost from the staff, although I feel a bit squishier now with Atlantis add-on hmm
The projectiles from the new staff seem to pierce through enemies (like the dvergr staff) which is an even better addition to the build.
No need for Nidbow anymore, Soul Vortex allows some nice crowd and dactyl-tanking :p
Started using Vision of Death, still getting a bit used to it

Hunting:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spirit:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Re-done Hades Palace:
« Last Edit: 05 July 2019, 13:06:04 by Torstein159 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #19 on: 09 June 2019, 21:08:07 »
Ah a troll's branch user !

i just found one and wondered what i could do with it. That's an unconventional build.

Some thoughts:
- why do you put so many points in Circle of power ? usually i put only 1 point for the lifeleech (and vit dmg if needed) I understand that CDR is needed for Call of the Hunt and Soul Vortex (what a lovely new skill, i bet you use it often) but you already have the hood & the jade emperor. It's a question, not a criticism.
- How do you compare troll's branch to staff of the chosen ? Don't you miss the 2 sprigglings as a meat shield ?
- Your dps is great but you take too much damage. Well it's subjective and more of a gameplay debate. That said, most people use The Jade emperor, it's a great artifact sure. But silver heart / Sigil of bast / golden belt are better imho for protection. It implies some lost in CDR but you can recover it with other items like brisingamen.
- Your change from cold essence to primal magma is fair.
- what about Staff of the chosen with rogue ? wouldn't it be great ?
- Do you think Dream with the new skill Psionic beam could be better for the use of troll's branch ?

Thanks for having shared your build  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 09 June 2019, 21:36:37 »
- why do you put so many points in Circle of power ? usually i put only 1 point for the lifeleech (and vit dmg if needed) I understand that CDR is needed for Call of the Hunt and Soul Vortex (what a lovely new skill, i bet you use it often) but you already have the hood & the jade emperor. It's a question, not a criticism.
- How do you compare troll's branch to staff of the chosen ? Don't you miss the 2 sprigglings as a meat shield ?
- Your dps is great but you take too much damage. Well it's subjective and more of a gameplay debate. That said, most people use The Jade emperor, it's a great artifact sure. But silver heart / Sigil of bast / golden belt are better imho for protection. It implies some lost in CDR but you can recover it with other items like brisingamen.
- Do you think Dream with the new skill Psionic beam could be better for the use of troll's branch ?
hi, I'll try to give answers to those questions.
1] the answer would be too many skill points, I kind of forgot, I can place those points in lichy instead. Thanks for reminding me.
2] sprigglings don't give much of anything, i dont miss them :p
3] the damage is greater, and I found this beauty a few hours ago :

Now, with life leech the survivability isn't that much of an issue, it wasn't with staff of the chosen to begin with tbh, on 6-players difficulty (+multiplayer with the mod)
With enough attack speed i can leech fast enough, soul vortex is amazing as well, to run straight into a crowd. It's debatable, but it fits my playstyle, i wouldnt say i am too squishy.
4] making up for lost golem heart - yes
5] it's a possibility, it could work for a poison staff user, haven't built around it yet, so i cant say much
6] the projectiles from troll staff pass through enemies, so psionic beam wouldn't work as well as ternion

thank you for your insight :>

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 10 June 2019, 04:27:21 »
Ah a troll's branch user !

i just found one and wondered what i could do with it. That's an unconventional build.

Some thoughts:

Thanks for having shared your build  ;)
Staff of the chosen has % to summon sprig, but it very small. My last test is from Ragnarok 1.57, so if it improve in Atlantis, it can be helpful now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 10 June 2019, 05:24:51 »
offtopic: i don't know this troll's branch because.... well.... lolz

but i checked tq-db and the loot table says it is dropped by rumplestiltskin

uhhh.. mythology meets fairytale? and where does rumplestiltskin spawn? somewhere where there's a lot of straw?  :))
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 10 June 2019, 06:29:35 »
offtopic: i don't know this troll's branch because.... well.... lolz

but i checked tq-db and the loot table says it is dropped by rumplestiltskin

uhhh.. mythology meets fairytale? and where does rumplestiltskin spawn? somewhere where there's a lot of straw?  :))
Troll's Branch staff doesn't drop in Ragnarok v.157 and previous game version. Game Dev fix it to drop in Atlantis.
It drops from Troll Mage, some Barbaria look Mage guys in Act5. You can face them outside village of 2nd portal gate.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 10 June 2019, 11:15:24 »
just googled.. i don't remember seeing this hero in ragnarok.. or maybe i just didn't notice

but.... rumpelstiltskin is..... a giant?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1214520728

no i don't mean giant as in race.. i mean rumpelstiltskin is that big? nothing like the namesake

https://www.google.com/search?q=rumpelstiltskin&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj936OoyN7iAhUDQd4KHaM1D-sQ_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=360&bih=592

edit: uh wait.. the giant one is the one with the star.. how can that carry a staff?
« Last Edit: 10 June 2019, 11:25:42 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 11 June 2019, 11:10:34 »
edit: uh wait.. the giant one is the one with the star.. how can that carry a staff?
I dont know where the name comes from, but I'm 99% sure Rumple-thing is a bonecaster troll, not the big one.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 11 June 2019, 12:36:37 »
I dont know where the name comes from, but I'm 99% sure Rumple-thing is a bonecaster troll, not the big one.
maybe rumpelstiltskin is covered by the big troll then

it's from a fairy tale much like Cinderella, snow white.. but i guess it's less popular then

one upon a time, there was this dude who boasted his daughter can turn straw into gold

if you can't say his name, you better memorize it now.. he might take your future daughter  ;D

it's from the story ;D
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #27 on: 11 June 2019, 19:49:07 »
Oh what an exceptional troll's branch you found !
this one paired with spirit mastery should make your toon hard to kill. A lovely staff for a hardcore ride.

That said i still can't see if bonecharmer or haruspex is better in the dps side, it would deserve some tests maybe.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 12 June 2019, 10:09:41 »
That said i still can't see if bonecharmer or haruspex is better in the dps side, it would deserve some tests maybe.
Been thinking about it. I would guess haruspex makes a slightly more reliable tank, but without all the bleed bonuses from spirit, I see it a as pure pierce build (staff brigand :>). Unless you got something along the lines of troll's branch of torture, which sounds complex to build around, pierce + electroburn. Alternatively, staff of the chosen, with something like Sun Wukong artifact, wyrmskin harness / amun-ra mantle.
Let me know what you think, or if you test it - how it went :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Azuralian

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 19 June 2019, 03:12:39 »

Re-done Hades Palace:

Hey!

I actually made an account to say that this is indeed a sick configuration, well done! Best of luck with the rest of the characters.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal