Author Topic: Hamunaptra Mod - Development  (Read 93504 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Hamunaptra Mod - Development
« Reply #45 on: 12 June 2018, 14:21:26 »

Ahh thank you WNG, will try this out  8)
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: 13 June 2018, 07:36:12 »
The landscape reminds me a lot of the 2nd act of Diablo 2.That was a great game!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 14 June 2018, 13:03:19 »

heha that's what I was aiming for in this region mvlad954  ;D so thanks very much!
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 14 June 2018, 13:35:58 »

Went back into the necromancer summon skill and had a look.. but under Spawn Config there's no bool option and the .dbr only points of course to the list of monsters to be summoned.  No 'surviveAfterMasterDeath' to be seen :/

What am I missing ye lords of modding?

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #49 on: 14 June 2018, 16:07:44 »
Open your summon skill file, then click on View and Show Template File. What does it returns?

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 14 June 2018, 19:37:03 »
Try setting the template to Skill_SpawnPet.tpl if it's something else.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 04 July 2018, 03:05:02 »
Breakthrough!!

Last night o loyal TQ fans I deciphered the archaic glyphwork that is the titan quest modders guide and claimed success with the creation of my first Quest!

Specifically, I got an Npc to activate as a teleporter and take the player to a designated location (boat dialog type like from Athens docks to Knossos)

Perhaps no great feat for many masterful modders here but for me - hype!

TL;DR - I've learnt how to implement quests at basic level ^^

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #52 on: 04 July 2018, 03:52:02 »
I know this feel. Feels good. 8)

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 07 July 2018, 19:56:18 »
Gratz on the breakthrough, bro  8)
My quest modding knowledge goes as far as changing rewards, hehe.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tasim

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #54 on: 07 July 2018, 22:10:15 »
First of all, congrats' on the mod and the work you've done so far - looks really impressive. I always thought they could've done much more with the Egypt act, especially with all the cave/tomb areas, glad to see someone trying to fix some wrongs :) Looking at your posts and the work you shared, there is a lot I like, some nice ideas and areas there. One thing I always wanted to see in TQ is a bit more change in gameplay via day/night cycle(since it doesn't have any effect I always used CEngine to freeze day time because of the visibility); I'm not familiar with the moding tools, or how far they go in terms of trigger effects, but maybe you could consider a special area(probably a tomb, duh) that can be entered only by night. I saw you have cult members, maybe consider a little side quest or something like that tied in with the cult - maybe they like meeting at night and culting away under fire light in front of their magical night-hideout ;D Either way, great work, keep it up, I'm looking forward to playing this.

P.S. Extra kudos on the Mummy reference, rewatch the movie again, there is a lot of potential ideas for your mod lurking in there ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 09 July 2018, 08:54:04 »
First of all, congrats' on the mod and the work you've done so far - looks really impressive...

Welcome Tasim  :D and thank you for the compliments man!
Yeah I agree with regards to TQ's Egypt, it was well done overall but like you say, the tombs and underground areas could have had more added to them with quests/secrets etc.  I'm doing my best to address this believe me haha.  Also, the cities were kool but could have been much more than just hub areas.  For example, my version of Memphis is very large, so much so that it's divided off into Quarters such as the Temple Quarter or the Memphis Docks.  Also, there are dungeons and sewers below the city itself to explore.

One thing I always wanted to see in TQ is a bit more change in gameplay via day/night cycle
Haha this reminds me of the Viper Claw quest in D2.  It didnt prevent you from entering the tomb unless it was night/day, but damn it was kool with the eclipse and the only way to restore day was to enter their crypt and destroy the bloodied altar.  I'm not sure if doing what you've outlined is possible though.. it might be if you used a scripted event or trigger via the quest editor? But as you can see from my last post I'm still noob with the quest system atm lol.

P.S. Extra kudos on the Mummy reference, rewatch the movie again, there is a lot of potential ideas for your mod lurking in there ;)
Yes I must do this again!

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 09 July 2018, 09:10:00 »

More news - this past weekend I went to a friends LAN for some good times but also prepared a Pre Alpha demo for them to playtest!

This was awesome indeed, seeing your mates play something you've created and poured countless hours into is very gratifying.  Especially because they loved it and it all worked fairly well  ;D

There were some messed up monsters though lol I had given some low level snakes a really OP skill on accident.. but everyone was up to the challenge and managed to get past them! This is why we do alpha playtests though right.  Anyway, overall they really enjoyed the mod and the design of the environments etc.  Probably the main success was the level of challenge - at first I was worried it was too much but it actually worked really well with people saying it kept them on edge and had to think more about tactics rather than mindlessly hacking through mobs without much thought into their gameplay.

So, here's some screenshots with 6 player co-op in Hamunaptra!

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #57 on: 09 July 2018, 18:04:59 »
I don't like idea with human pets. Makes game harder to find character in battles.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 10 July 2018, 01:48:54 »
I don't like idea with human pets. Makes game harder to find character in battles.

?? Human pets..  don't think I mentioned anything related to that?

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tasim

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #59 on: 10 July 2018, 08:55:50 »
For example, my version of Memphis is very large, so much so that it's divided off into Quarters such as the Temple Quarter or the Memphis Docks.  Also, there are dungeons and sewers below the city itself to explore.

This sounds great, the city itself as an explorable area... yeah, they tried a little of that in the original game, with a couple monster mobs here and there, but not so much, you'd be over in 2 minutes.

Regarding the day/night cycle thing, that was just the first thing that came to mind; it could be something simple, like demons and undead getting some buffs during night time or something like that. Either way, whether it affected the game or not, I'm still gonna play it :)

How many hours of playtime do you intend to have at the end(ie. how much will it take us to finish the storyline)?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal